• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:18:27 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Any tips on how to start modelling bikes for GP Bikes...

Started by wulfgaard, February 23, 2014, 04:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wulfgaard

February 23, 2014, 04:58:54 PM Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:41:53 PM by wulfgaard
Hi everyone,

I don't know why or how but I want to learn the ropes of building bikes for GP bikes and although I am pretty much profficient in terms of Solidworks, Solidedge, SolidCam, Topsolid among others but I never ventured into the fantastic world of 3D Studio Max, Maya or Bender. And they are fundamental differences. I'm used to drawings stuff based on precise measurements, simulations or old school calculations but I'm totally out of my comfort zone when it comes to artistic modeling when you base your designs on shear creativity or pictures.

I'm following the Digital Tutors Motorcycle Modeling techniques and for know I'm just learning and still am pretty far away from building masterpieces like the ones of  Juju but I would love to hear any suggestions in how to manage my workflow, meaning after finishing the digital tutors course, what should I do. I understand the graph files ate in EDF and there separated by chassis, suspension, wheels, stand and steering so should I do each one separated like in a assembly or what? By the way, I'm using Maya, with a student license.

If I am allowed, I'll probably open up Juju files to see how he has made them although I doubt I'll understand any of it. I'm trying to use the course to build a Moto Guzzi like the sorts that Kaffeemaschine builds. We will see how that goes.... :)

iVolution

I am not an expert in this field as well, but i think 3D studio Max, Maya and Bender are pretty similar in their basics. As far as modeling a bike from scratch, not a lot of people have done that here and most mod bikes are converted and adapted from other games. I think even Juju does not start from scratch but uses a model from somewhere to begin with. Although he might be able to start with nothing, it is simply too much work for most people considering there are some pretty good models available from other games.

Docfumi

I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

wulfgaard

Thanks for all the solid information. :)

I'll be sure to follow it!