• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:43:46 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes has other uses

Started by doubledragoncc, September 01, 2020, 06:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Hi to all

Ok its a bit different from most posts but its about how GP Bikes is the ONLY simulation that can be used to not just having fun but also to learn.

I think it is ok to show this and the University to use GPB in this way as it is not for the public but for study. I have asked the Uni to include that they use GP Bikes by Piboso when they update the page and they will but for now I just wanted to share that GP Bikes is so much more than just what most use it for,

I must thank Piboso for making this possible, it may help many people if used correctly, who knows?

This is just the start page of the Uni study:

Technische Universität Darmstadt

This is Otilia a very inteligent young lady that is studying the effects of riding a bike on people and needs to learn herself the stress of riding a bike, the Uni uses real riding of real bikes and the riding of a simulator together so not just on my system and gpb but they set up the system to match the real bike then do tests that could be a problem with safety on a real bike without the danger.

I am at present building the BMW S1000RR sit-on for them as the desktop set was just to get things started.

This is a WIP of the Sit-on

This is only the start of the uses for GP Bikes and I hope Piboso realises what he has made and continues to work on it.

I am trying my best to get to the point of FFB and motion but costs are a bummer right now. All the systems I make for Universities and other reasons (spoiler alert) are to be able to eventually be able to get the system where it needs to go.

As for FFB, working on Direct Drive sit-on with a cool dude outta Germany so things may change soon and that makes things like the studies for Universities and YOU guys even better.

So.......know its not ya norm thing but wanted you all to know that GP Bikes is so much more thatn you think, thank Piboso for a brilliant product and all the modders for the brilliant content that makes GP Bikes what it is for us all.

FYY My system in the Malaysian Uni using GPB got Best of Best in Asia and that was back in 2016.......GP Bikes needs to get more publicity and I cant do it alone.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini

Very cool.

So, in order to have the FFB you are talking about, you will make the switch to Direct Steer Mode?
IMO that's the biggest difference between GPB and all other motorcycle games (as opposed to sims).

doubledragoncc

September 01, 2020, 07:28:38 PM #2 Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 07:30:46 PM by doubledragoncc
HI Vini, no I am not switching to DS mode, thats up to who uses it and sets it up for themselves, I will continue to ride as normal as for me a rider of 43 years still prefers feeling over a textbook correctness. If it feels wrong.....it is end of lol

I intend to make a system for all uses and all wants of the user and working with universities helps to find the small point.

I know many think I am wrong in my concepts, but most have only read a book and think they therefore know it all but have never riden a bike, made a system or both or just plain and simply refuse to except that textbooks were made to be broken, how do you think things get invented................or is the earth still flat???

Basically I want to start to see the other reasons people might use GP Bikes in pics and videos.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Chris_Beeves

I think you made a great system, and your concepts obviously work well (from what I have heard and can see from videos, unfortunately haven't had the chance to try one yet).
It's a great concept no one can say anything about that.
I wouldn't go as far as calling it the final/only solution though.
Strong Direct drive force feedback units combined with  directsteer has a lot of potential (can't be compared to the feeling on a g27).
It's far from perfect currently, but it is still the most fun and the closest to a motorcycle simulation I have ever tried (I'm no Rossi, it I've done my share of laps around race tracks over the years).

It's awesome what you are doing getting GPB out there and making universities aware of the possibilities of motorcycle simulation!

The BMW looks fantastic mate. That must be great with the new VR kit!
I had to try..

PiBoSo

September 01, 2020, 09:48:19 PM #4 Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 09:24:44 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: doubledragoncc on September 01, 2020, 06:51:34 PMHi to all

Ok its a bit different from most posts but its about how GP Bikes is the ONLY simulation that can be used to not just having fun but also to learn.

I think it is ok to show this and the University to use GPB in this way as it is not for the public but for study. I have asked the Uni to include that they use GP Bikes by Piboso when they update the page and they will but for now I just wanted to share that GP Bikes is so much more than just what most use it for,

I must thank Piboso for making this possible, it may help many people if used correctly, who knows?

This is just the start page of the Uni study:

Technische Universität Darmstadt

QuoteFYY My system in the Malaysian Uni using GPB got Best of Best in Asia and that was back in 2016.......GP Bikes needs to get more publicity and I cant do it alone.

DD

Thank you for the information.
It is very good for morale and motivation to know that GP Bikes is used in research / professional projects.
Are you aware of others?
Sadly, no one in these universities bothered to send a FYI email. Unfortunately it seems like software is not given much consideration.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

doubledragoncc

Thank you guys.

I am working on direct drive system at the moment and will have more info after the weekend with luck.

I have just gotten my first contract for the military in conjunction with Dreamscape Imersive but is for ATV training in VR and not motercycles (YET)

They unfortunately are using their own software as they are backed by people like Steven Speilberg!

I have also been working with the Texas Police but once again they had to use other software as they need a traffic senario.

I am currently building one of the BMW S1000RR systems for a German customer/freind and it will be used only with GPBikes in VR for high end simulation and it is this system that I will be making a direct drive steering system for as well with luck. Thomas works closely in colaberation with BMW and once he starts using the system he will be making sure that GPBikes gets full recognition that it deserves/

I am also building a system for one of the IOM TT riders and I am hoping to have systems at next years TT if possible along with Gren Spencer but we will have to use IOM TT2 as there is not yet a full and realistic IOM TT in GPB YET!!! HINT HINT
I will however be using GPB there if ok with Piboso to demonstrate its full virtue and VR caperbilities.

I have much more in the pipeline but fully intend to get GPBikes and Piboso as the leading bike sim in the world that it is.

Thanks to all of you for making this the best sim there is

DD

VSMaster

Wow DD. Great news and congratulations for what you've made so far
Always on the edge