• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:15 AM

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Saemon No Jyo

Myst1cPrun3

Cheers for the update.

Quick question, would it be possible to get the helmet overlay working in VR?

Used to run it on my TrackIR and it looked pretty good, but it just stays fixed in VR.

I'd love to at least try it in VR, although with the 'screen door effect' of the older oculus it's similar to wearing a helmet anyways

HornetMaX

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on September 14, 2019, 01:14:58 PMQuick question, would it be possible to get the helmet overlay working in VR?

Used to run it on my TrackIR and it looked pretty good, but it just stays fixed in VR.

Hmm weird, I do not do anything special to differentiate between VR and non-VR situations.
Also, the "helmet" rotation depends only on the bike's roll, so I'm puzzled it stays fixed in VR.

Sure you haven't disabled the rotation ?

I have no VR hardware so I can't check.

Myst1cPrun3

Much like the rest of Max Hud it seems to render in a fixed to the bikes when running In vr, it doesn't follow the headset.

Can see what I mean in this vid, the helmet overlay does a similar thing:

Myst1cPrun3

The actual leader-boards and stuff like that staying on the bike is actually how I'd like it, I run similarly in other sims, but its the helmet that is the issue when it behaves like that.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on September 14, 2019, 05:08:11 PMMuch like the rest of Max Hud it seems to render in a fixed to the bikes when running In vr, it doesn't follow the headset.

OK I see. Nothing I can do about that though: it would need PiBoSo to think about how plugin quads & strings renders in case of VR.

In any case, the helmet rotation is tied to the bike roll, so in case of VR I'm not sure it makes much sense.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 15, 2019, 12:52:40 PM
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on September 14, 2019, 05:08:11 PMMuch like the rest of Max Hud it seems to render in a fixed to the bikes when running In vr, it doesn't follow the headset.

OK I see. Nothing I can do about that though: it would need PiBoSo to think about how plugin quads & strings renders in case of VR.

In any case, the helmet rotation is tied to the bike roll, so in case of VR I'm not sure it makes much sense.

No worries. I was just wondering what tid be like to run it.
Works well with trackIR tho
:)

davidboda46

I don't know if it's your doing or Piboso's (I'm guessing the latter) but the throttle representation with MaxHud in the latest Beta is not good according to me. I use it to glance down to see exactly how much throttle I'm applying and to know if I'm giving it max throttle or not (my custom controller is mechanically not a 100 accurate when it comes to the last bit, sometimes I think I'm at 100% but it turns out I'm only at around 90-95%). So with the latest beta it seems that the throttle gauge in Maxhud is displaying the engine power output and not the physical throttle position (i.e. right hand). It's also confusing when it shows the idle engine throttle but the physical throttle is at zero. Is there a way to change it back to the way it was before? Maybe by changing some settings in some .ini file?

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46     
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

Quote from: davidboda46 on September 22, 2019, 02:40:47 PMI don't know if it's your doing or Piboso's (I'm guessing the latter) but the throttle representation with MaxHud in the latest Beta is not good according to me. I use it to glance down to see exactly how much throttle I'm applying and to know if I'm giving it max throttle or not (my custom controller is mechanically not a 100 accurate when it comes to the last bit, sometimes I think I'm at 100% but it turns out I'm only at around 90-95%). So with the latest beta it seems that the throttle gauge in Maxhud is displaying the engine power output and not the physical throttle position (i.e. right hand). It's also confusing when it shows the idle engine throttle but the physical throttle is at zero. Is there a way to change it back to the way it was before? Maybe by changing some settings in some .ini file?
GPB now provides 2 separate data fields for the rider's input throttle (i.e. more or less what comes out of your controller) and the throttle that gets applied to the engine (corrected by the ECU's idle, TC, AW and rev limiter).
Initially I wanted to display both (on the same bar), but it looked pretty confusing so I settled for the engine throttle (instead of the input throttle), as this allows you to see what TC and AW do.

I don't thikn this prevents you from checking if you're really gving 100% throttle: just ride and open wide on a straight (low revs, so that AW and TC won't kick in).

But I can make it configurable to show one or the other next time I update something.

Vini

+1

liked the old way more as well tbh.

davidboda46

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 23, 2019, 07:09:51 AMBut I can make it configurable to show one or the other next time I update something.

That would be great. Thanks.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

DidietXFuera

Can you make the standing riders like this, Max?
GP-Bikes INDONESIA
Like GP-Bikes Indonesia Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gpbindo/

HornetMaX

Quote from: DidietXFuera on October 16, 2019, 03:12:12 AMCan you make the standing riders like this, Max?

In what exactly ? The look (fonts/icons) ? The gaps ?

javiliyors