• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:42:24 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Question: now that the plugin can see the tyre temps (left/middle/right, for front and rear tyre), how do you want me to show them ? Just the 6 temps ? In an existing widget ? Which one ? In a new one ?

javiliyors

December 26, 2020, 06:28:26 PM #886 Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 08:51:14 PM by javiliyors
Thanks Max, only temps? I think have now wear to the tyres, right?

Piboso confirm me that only have temps, u can put similar to motogp game with 6 temps

davidboda46

Thanks Max!

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

Quote from: javiliyors on December 26, 2020, 06:28:26 PMThanks Max, only temps? I think have now wear to the tyres, right?
Tyre wear and temps have always been visible in the garage, but now temps are also visible by the plugin (while riding).
So yeah, I can show the temps somewhere in a widget now (but not the wear).

javiliyors

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 26, 2020, 08:55:28 PM
Quote from: javiliyors on December 26, 2020, 06:28:26 PMThanks Max, only temps? I think have now wear to the tyres, right?
Tyre wear and temps have always been visible in the garage, but now temps are also visible by the plugin (while riding).
So yeah, I can show the temps somewhere in a widget now (but not the wear).

U can add the feature with fuel consumption

Saemon No Jyo

Ricoway46

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 26, 2020, 06:00:41 PMQuestion: now that the plugin can see the tyre temps (left/middle/right, for front and rear tyre), how do you want me to show them ? Just the 6 temps ? In an existing widget ? Which one ? In a new one ?
Hi, I would suggest putting the temperatures in a separate widget, so everyone can decide whether to see it or not

VSMaster

Quote from: Ricoway46 on December 27, 2020, 02:29:35 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on December 26, 2020, 06:00:41 PMQuestion: now that the plugin can see the tyre temps (left/middle/right, for front and rear tyre), how do you want me to show them ? Just the 6 temps ? In an existing widget ? Which one ? In a new one ?
Hi, I would suggest putting the temperatures in a separate widget, so everyone can decide whether to see it or not
agree
Always on the edge

HornetMaX

December 30, 2020, 08:16:38 PM #893 Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 09:21:31 PM by HornetMaX
V2.2.3 out (2020/12/30)
  • Removed fixed font AsapBold as not truly fixed.
  • GPB only: ECU widget now also shows tyres temperatures (when bike allows it).

Vini

I noticed that MaxHUD rumble only outputs to the large (low frequency) motor.
Could you add the option of using the small (high frequency) motor as well?
You could for example link it to rear slip angle.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on March 10, 2021, 11:08:40 PMI noticed that MaxHUD rumble only outputs to the large (low frequency) motor.
Could you add the option of using the small (high frequency) motor as well?
You could for example link it to rear slip angle.
I don't have the rear slip angle, GPB doesn't pass it.
It only passes the data you see here: https://www.gp-bikes.com/downloads/gpb_example.c

Vini

Maybe use yaw angle (or this "YawVelocity") instead.
Or just compare rear to front wheel speed like traction control does in real life to deduct slip angle.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on March 14, 2021, 02:57:43 PMMaybe use yaw angle (or this "YawVelocity") instead.
Or just compare rear to front wheel speed like traction control does in real life to deduct slip angle.

I tried something similar in the Lean widget a long ago, not sure the result is of any use.
Granted, I went for something very simple (difference between the yaw angle and the angle m,ade by the X-Z velocity vector) but the result is unconvincing. It's still there, if you want to have a look.

Vini

March 15, 2021, 10:21:24 PM #898 Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 03:04:06 AM by Vini
Can you put an experimental option for the next release that is based on wheel speed?
So just this simple calculation with one adjustable parameter:
SmallRumbleMotor = ScaleFactor * ((RearWheelSpeed/FrontWheelSpeed)-1)

HornetMaX

Wouldn't that feel weird when wheeling ?