• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:26:01 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on August 13, 2023, 09:40:35 PMWould it Be possible to get an update to MaxHUD where these options are basically "duplicated" for the Front Over/Underrun and Rear Over/Underrun (4 Pages). I really like the feel I had on this version on the rear, but I struggle with the 2.2.6 rear, however I enjoy having the front feeling.

Or is it possible to change the "Maps" in a cfg somewhere?
I'm not sure I understand what you want to do exactly.
If your goal is to have what you show in your screen shot (from 2.2.5) in 2.2.6, that's definitely possible: in 2.2.6, "CoG Acc destination" set to "Light rumble" and "Rear overrun destination" to "Heavy rumble" (all the others off). Then you need to check the maps in the .ini and set the values you like.
For your screnshot above, one of the cogacc maps should be set at {0.2, 0.5, 0.2, 0.4} and one of the tireslip maps should be set at {0.03, 0.20, 0.2, 0.5}.

If you mess up, just delete the lines from the .ini, they will be recreated with default values.

Chris_Beeves

Hey Max!
Beta21 seems to have messed with MaxHUD.
There are some additions to the BikeData.
Feel up for updating?
I had to try..

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 15, 2023, 09:07:36 PM
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on August 13, 2023, 09:40:35 PMWould it Be possible to get an update to MaxHUD where these options are basically "duplicated" for the Front Over/Underrun and Rear Over/Underrun (4 Pages). I really like the feel I had on this version on the rear, but I struggle with the 2.2.6 rear, however I enjoy having the front feeling.

Or is it possible to change the "Maps" in a cfg somewhere?
I'm not sure I understand what you want to do exactly.
If your goal is to have what you show in your screen shot (from 2.2.5) in 2.2.6, that's definitely possible: in 2.2.6, "CoG Acc destination" set to "Light rumble" and "Rear overrun destination" to "Heavy rumble" (all the others off). Then you need to check the maps in the .ini and set the values you like.
For your screnshot above, one of the cogacc maps should be set at {0.2, 0.5, 0.2, 0.4} and one of the tireslip maps should be set at {0.03, 0.20, 0.2, 0.5}.

If you mess up, just delete the lines from the .ini, they will be recreated with default values.

My suggestion was to have all the rumble options for the rear wheel in 2.2.5, available for both front and rear wheels, but if they can be edited in a cfg/ini then thats good enough for me  :)  :)

Will have a bit of a play, hopefully in b21.

Loving the work though the rumble is a big improvement these days  :)

HornetMaX

August 18, 2023, 07:44:07 PM #1053 Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 08:27:58 PM by HornetMaX
V2.2.7 out (2023/08/18)
  • Updates for GPB beta21 (nothing visible, only internals). No changes for MXB, KRP, WRS.

I've added a PayPal donate button in the 1st post 8)

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 18, 2023, 07:44:07 PMV2.2.7 out (2023/08/18)
  • Updates for GPB beta21 (nothing visible, only internals). No changes for MXB, KRP, WRS.

I've added a PayPal donate button in the 1st post 8)

Holy mother that's a fast one. NICE!   :)  :)  :)

Saemon No Jyo

Thank you very much. :)

Manu

It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on August 18, 2023, 08:32:36 PMHoly mother that's a fast one. NICE!   :)  :)  :)
Lucky combo: I stumbled on the forum and I had some free time :)

P.S.
Thanks to the donors !

javiliyors

when you exit from watching a replay, this message appears

HornetMaX

I'll have a look asap.

HornetMaX

I've fixed it in my code. Can it wait until the next plugin release ?

javiliyors

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 20, 2023, 08:03:14 PMI've fixed it in my code. Can it wait until the next plugin release ?

Yes, u can wait

Myst1cPrun3

Loving the vibration, Now I've figured out the ini file and can set the maps up individually its amazing.

One thing that would love, is the ability to use the "Trigger Motors" as an option as well as "Heavy" and "Light". A lot of modern controllers have vibration motors in the actual triggers themselves, as well as the 2 main ones, having the ability to use them, for wheelspin for instance, would be amazing.

That being said, I'm still shocked how you've managed to get more feedback from a 3rd party plugin than most of the "main" developers get out of their motorcycle games by standard. It's amazing  :)  :)  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on August 27, 2023, 11:01:33 AMLoving the vibration, Now I've figured out the ini file and can set the maps up individually its amazing.
Yeah, the setup of HUDRumble (vie the .ini file) is a bit cumbersome but it allows you to configure a lot of stuff. 
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on August 27, 2023, 11:01:33 AMOne thing that would love, is the ability to use the "Trigger Motors" as an option as well as "Heavy" and "Light". A lot of modern controllers have vibration motors in the actual triggers themselves, as well as the 2 main ones, having the ability to use them, for wheelspin for instance, would be amazing.
Hmm interesting, I may want to have a look into this.
And maybe get one of those joypads with "Trigger Motors": do you (or anybody else) have one ? Which one ? How good it  is compared to others (sticks, triggers etc) ?

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 30, 2023, 09:01:19 AM
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on August 27, 2023, 11:01:33 AMLoving the vibration, Now I've figured out the ini file and can set the maps up individually its amazing.
Yeah, the setup of HUDRumble (vie the .ini file) is a bit cumbersome but it allows you to configure a lot of stuff. 
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on August 27, 2023, 11:01:33 AMOne thing that would love, is the ability to use the "Trigger Motors" as an option as well as "Heavy" and "Light". A lot of modern controllers have vibration motors in the actual triggers themselves, as well as the 2 main ones, having the ability to use them, for wheelspin for instance, would be amazing.
Hmm interesting, I may want to have a look into this.
And maybe get one of those joypads with "Trigger Motors": do you (or anybody else) have one ? Which one ? How good it  is compared to others (sticks, triggers etc) ?

I believe the Xbox Controllers have this. I run PS5, which has "adjustable triggers" (like force feedback, can make stiffer etc), but I think also have the motors in as well (obviously to stiffen them up). I don't know if this can be used as like a brake pedal that we can make get stiffer over time, but the Xbox controller definitely has trigger vibration.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_games_that_support_Xbox_One_impulse_triggers#:~:text=The%20impulse%20triggers%20of%20the,gun%20or%20charging%20an%20attack.

That being said, it does say the X-Input API (Which I assume is what GPB Uses seeing as its all bound as "X-Input") is not compatible. However you're more qualified to judge that than me  ;D