• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:36:55 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

File Encryption Tool for Modders Please Piboso?

Started by Hawk, February 21, 2020, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

February 21, 2020, 02:56:45 PM Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:58:48 PM by Hawk
Can you please supply a "File Encryption Tool" for genuine Modders please Piboso?

I know I've asked for this before, but I believe that if you want to attract genuine serious modders, that is modders who will build mods from scratch and not rip other peoples work-off, then you need to supply a file encryption tool to stop others from bastardising and stealing their work, some of which could be work that has intellectual property rights that doesn't allow certain files(physics, tyres), textures, etc, etc, to be used or altered by anyone else except the original author of the MOD concerned. Thank you. ;)

Myst1cPrun3

JOACKO172

javiliyors

The encrypted file tools tell me piboso that its ready to release now! Im waiting for release my mods

+1

Blackheart

A lot of the new bikes mod released in the last days have datas copy\paste from the WorldSBK 17\18 by IMT (obviously I only checked bikes that I worked on too) No problem for me about this, although with no credits at the team in some cases, but my question is; with this tool the people will be able to hide this very easily?

Imo the answer is:

Corrie

February 22, 2020, 04:04:24 PM #5 Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 03:53:31 AM by Corrie
Hi Hawk. On the KRP side of things, we have been thinking about this for quite some time. We were more interested in being able to secure content once its released - by locking a GUID to a mod that has been purchased. That way people couldn't steal paid content. That being said, your idea is excellent as well. Hopefully we will have a better modding community because of the encryption tool!

Blackheart

Quote from: Corrie on February 22, 2020, 04:04:24 PMHi Hawk. On the KRP side of things, we have been thinking about this for quite some time. We were more interested in being able to secure content once its released - by locking a GUID to a mod that has been purchased. That way people couldn't steal paid content. That Beijing said, your idea is excellent as well. Hopefully we will have a better modding community because of the encryption tool!

How?

With this tool i see just this:

Stp 1 Copy\paste stuff from mods released before this tool.
Stp 2 Use the Encryption tool.
Stp 3 Take all credits!

javiliyors

It is a whore, that all your work for days, weeks or months ... stolen by some children who take your 3d on one side, your physics on the other and tido without asking permission and then say .. wuala !!! mod ##### 2020 by ???? (WTF) and the time it has taken one to learn to do everything from scratch where it is

We need that tool!

Blackheart

February 22, 2020, 06:04:19 PM #8 Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 06:07:44 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: javiliyors on February 22, 2020, 05:30:29 PMIt is a whore, that all your work for days, weeks or months ... stolen by some children who take your 3d on one side, your physics on the other and tido without asking permission and then say .. wuala !!! mod ##### 2020 by ???? (WTF) and the time it has taken one to learn to do everything from scratch where it is

We need that tool!

But is too late... we have phisics files for any bikes (50, 125, 250, 500, 750, Motogp, SBK...)

This tool would have been helpful... 10 years ago! :)

If this tool will be released tomorrow by Piboso, the same children will copy all your lines from geom or cfg of a your bike released before, and put these data in a new mod with all files encrypted.

javiliyors

Quote from: Blackheart on February 22, 2020, 06:04:19 PM
Quote from: javiliyors on February 22, 2020, 05:30:29 PMIt is a whore, that all your work for days, weeks or months ... stolen by some children who take your 3d on one side, your physics on the other and tido without asking permission and then say .. wuala !!! mod ##### 2020 by ???? (WTF) and the time it has taken one to learn to do everything from scratch where it is

We need that tool!

But is too late... we have phisics files for any bikes (50, 125, 250, 500, 750, Motogp, SBK...)

This tool would have been helpful... 10 years ago! :)

If this tool will be released tomorrow by Piboso, the same children will copy all your lines from geom or cfg of a your bike released before, and put these data in a new mod with all files encrypted.

Yes, but at least if we have it now, all the new things we take out cannot be modified.

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

Quote from: matty0l215 on February 22, 2020, 06:30:17 PMThe geoms could be made incompatible...

That may be one avenue to look into Matty.

Quote from: Corrie on February 22, 2020, 04:04:24 PMHi Hawk. On the KRP side of things, we have been thinking about this for quite some time. We were more interested in being able to secure content once its released - by locking a GUID to a mod that has been purchased. That way people couldn't steal paid content. That being said, your idea is excellent as well. Hopefully we will have a better modding community because of the encryption tool!

Absolutely agree with you Corrie, great idea mate!  ;)

@Blackheart: Corrie was talking about protecting new mods not old mods mate. ;)

I'm sure Piboso also knows ways and means to make sure ripped material isn't used in his projects by unscrupulous modders if truth be known?

But one thing for sure is that Piboso's projects won't attract the best modders without a way and means to protect their work, or protection for the IP of work that the modder has permissions to use in their mods.

Vini

every (half-decent) mod has some copied elements atm.

this would not attract anyone because GPB is simple too niche it would just kill the game for good.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Vini on February 27, 2020, 07:50:46 PMevery (half-decent) mod has some copied elements atm.

this would not attract anyone because GPB is simple too niche it would just kill the game for good.

This is also true ^^

javiliyors

Quote from: Vini on February 27, 2020, 07:50:46 PMevery (half-decent) mod has some copied elements atm.

I don't think that's the case, the unencrypted mods are still there and people will continue to use them to copy things (unfortunately) but if you know how to make mods, and with the help of the modders you can make your mod. and do not take even the 3D of other mods without permission, just because you want to revive an old mod, and even credit the merits.