• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:58:29 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Animated parts in action

Started by h106frp, March 22, 2020, 01:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Still some adjustments to make but rear shock and front/rear brake cables animating after a lot of trial and error.

Manu

It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Hawk

VSMaster

That's very good, wow. Did you detached the spring into 2 parts ?
Always on the edge

h106frp

March 22, 2020, 12:01:21 PM #4 Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 12:18:03 PM by h106frp
Thanks for the comments.

Shock:
I ended up parenting all the shock parts to a pivot that is itself parented to the chassis.
Any parts that have to be moved along the shock axis as the swingarm moves (spring and shock lower) were then animated seperately.
You may end up parenting to the swingarm for a more modern uni-track style suspension.

Front cables:
The animation meshes are parented directly to fsusp

For both items the left and right hand items are modelled a the same(single)  object meshes

Some points of note;
Your 3D model needs to be with everything fully extended front and rear to model the first frame and then everything fully compressed to model the second frame. The initial positions should be the same in bikeED to ensure everything tracks OK.
The 3D mesh points must stay the same between frames (vertex order) or you will get some very strange results, i.e. you can move or scale the mesh but you must not delete or add vertices unless you have a way of re-aligning the order (usually by aligning the sequence with the original UV mesh but a bought plug-in is the only thing I have found for Blender and I only use open source or free for my models, Blender/GIMP/normalmaponline/open3Dmod)

nico916

Can you do somethink for ducati 955?
With last beta chain and tires are.... down ;D  ;D

doubledragoncc

+10
 love the Duke you made bro

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Daddi80