• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Updates for bikes

Started by JOACKO172, April 18, 2020, 05:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOACKO172

I think it would be good for the sim to have the possibilitie to add "updates" for the bikes, like rfactor, for example, i have a wsbk bike with an akrapovic exhaust, and in the british championship the same bike uses another brand of exhaust, so i post this idea for lots of parts for example, rims, exhaust, wings, windshields, etc. and we don´t need to copy the folder of a complete bike and rename it only for changing a little piece, what you all think?

Hawk

h106frp had a very similar idea years ago to this one JOACKO172, not sure why it didn't get taken up at the time? Maybe something Piboso will get around to at some stage?

doubledragoncc

H did make his Dukes so you could at least paint the exhaust and other parts to look like from another manufacturer and that alone was great, still the best mod ever made for GPB from scratch!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

JOACKO172

Quote from: doubledragoncc on April 19, 2020, 06:57:05 AMH did make his Dukes so you could at least paint the exhaust and other parts to look like from another manufacturer and that alone was great, still the best mod ever made for GPB from scratch!!!

DD
Sure, paint parts it´s really important, but if a bike has a different exhaust in a complety new position we need what i am asking for

matty0l215

This sort of can be achieved by offering different .edf combinations. These files are not important when it comes to online so they can be changed without issue and still race online.

However, A couple of issues do arise from this.

1- It would be messy if you had a lot of options (if you even had just 3 exhaust and say 2 different screens then that would be 6 variants)

2- Every bike would still look the same on your screen.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

JOACKO172

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 19, 2020, 06:32:26 PMThis sort of can be achieved by offering different .edf combinations. These files are not important when it comes to online so they can be changed without issue and still race online.

However, A couple of issues do arise from this.

1- It would be messy if you had a lot of options (if you even had just 3 exhaust and say 2 different screens then that would be 6 variants)

2- Every bike would still look the same on your screen.
for that reason i mentioned rfactor as the best example, the updates are selected in the showroom and then online averyone can see the "updates" and about the size of the files is not a problem because my idea it´s for example, now you need to create a chassis.edf and it has a weight, now, my idea for example different exhaust, in chassis edf the exhaust is deleted, so you create two news edf with both new exhaust, and the weigh of the complete model still the same. hope you all understeand me.

VSMaster

You can make different .edf where they have variations and then let people choose.
?
Always on the edge