• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta18

Started by PiBoSo, May 27, 2020, 05:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

GP Bikes beta18 available:
http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=news

Download:
http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads
( download mirrors would be extremely helpful and welcome )
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PiBoSo

May 27, 2020, 05:40:13 PM #1 Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 09:26:50 PM by PiBoSo
Release Notes
- Replays and trainers are not compatible with the previous versions

- The slipper clutch simulation has been improved. Please report if it works correctly
- The wheeling help has been improved
- The online smoothness has been improved
- The number of "yes" votes needed for a poll to pass has been changed from 2/3 to 3/5: https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=16.0
- The character to send a private chat message has been changed from "/" to "@": https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=17.msg29#msg29
- The on-track 3D name color now changes with ping
- Restored the missing "Bike Mismatch" message when trying to connect to a server, that caused the connection dialog to hang on "Syncing"
- The possibility to reset the track has been added to the user interface in multiplayer, too
- The rider dab has been tuned
- The Rider F/B and L/R lean controls are now greyed when "Rider Lean Tracking" is enabled, to better stress the fact that, when the rider lean is linked to head tracking, the manual controls are disabled
- The gearbox preload controls no longer need to be assigned separately
- The replay keyboard shortcuts have been revised
- Pressing the left and right arrow keys at the same time now resets the onboard views when adjusting the position
- It is now possible, pressing the C key, to enable / disable free-roam camera mode in viewer and photo mode
- All elements in the bike selection page are now alphabetically sorted

- The autobrake helper has been removed

Modding
- The rear suspension simulation has been reverted back to the Beta16 one
- The bike geometry format has been changed: https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1458.msg105552#msg105552
- The slipper clutch physics data has been changed. For reference, please check the stock M2 bike
- The param "DisengageTorque" in the "gearbox" section is now ignored and the throttle is used instead. At the moment the lift needed to shift is fixed at 20%.
- The physics debug mode has been improved adding dampers graphs. The F8 key switches between basic and full mode
- It is now possible to animate the throttle grip, too. Example ( to add under the "steer" sections ):
throttlegrip
 {
 name = throttle_grip
 axis = x
 maxrot = 20
 }
- The track centerline is now sent to plugins in spectator mode, too
- Fixed the plugins classification in track day

PiBoSo

May 27, 2020, 05:45:08 PM #2 Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 08:21:09 AM by PiBoSo

Beta18 was supposed to be released earlier this month, specifically on the 6th, to celebrate the 12th anniversary of the first GP Bikes release.
Unfortunately development has been delayed by several issues.

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

matty0l215

May 27, 2020, 07:02:24 PM #4 Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 07:09:47 PM by matty0l215
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

PiBoSo

PiBoSo

PiBoSo

doubledragoncc

May 29, 2020, 08:43:41 PM #8 Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 08:52:32 PM by doubledragoncc
HI Piboso

Why did yoou change name length as now I have hundereds of paints that dont work on my database was this really needed ?

Also controls for zoom on replay cams what are they now you have changed it all too please?

Maybe a complete keyboard commands list we could copy and print out makes it far easier and needed for new users.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Davide74

Piboso in each beta that takes the game loses its grace a little more, the changes of direction now are very simple with the gas, I think I would have to reconsider in returning to how they were the physics on the beta 12 more or less. It seems that it is making each beta more accessible to be launched in steam and that the players are not frustrated ... but it is losing all its shine and challenged in the physics. In my opinion.

doubledragoncc

Sorry but his is a major problem with name length change.

I have 99GB in my GPB indtall folder and most of that is on 2 databases with 16250 files which a majority are pnt files and peoples hard work.

We have put much time to make paints and then share them and now everyone will have useless files due to such a simple point.

I do not have the couple of weeks it will take me to go throuh all files counting the name length and it is wrong you do this.

My databases are now useless until this is resolved
Thanks
DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

What are the length restrictions? Does it apply to the filename or the paint name used in menus or both?

PiBoSo

May 30, 2020, 11:38:05 AM #12 Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 11:40:18 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 29, 2020, 08:43:41 PMHI Piboso

Why did yoou change name length as now I have hundereds of paints that dont work on my database was this really needed ?

Also controls for zoom on replay cams what are they now you have changed it all too please?

Maybe a complete keyboard commands list we could copy and print out makes it far easier and needed for new users.

DD

The filename ( but not the internal name, displayed in the user interface ) of paints has always been limited to 31 characters.
It is now enforced to avoid crashes, memory corruption and other issues.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

The replay cameras controls can be set in GP Bikes -> Settings -> Input 3.
The keyboard numpad is now reserved for the replay shortcuts.

Hawk

Quote from: Davide74 on May 30, 2020, 12:11:39 AMPiboso in each beta that takes the game loses its grace a little more, the changes of direction now are very simple with the gas, I think I would have to reconsider in returning to how they were the physics on the beta 12 more or less. It seems that it is making each beta more accessible to be launched in steam and that the players are not frustrated ... but it is losing all its shine and challenged in the physics. In my opinion.

Just one question of debate here David: Is it actually Piboso's "GPBikes" your referring to, or is it that bike-modders are creating more arcade-game style bikeMODS instead of creating realistic handling bikeMODS?

To be fair to Piboso, I think that the opportunity to create even more realistic bikeMODS gets better with each beta release..... Could it be that your frustrations on this subject should really lie with the Bike-Modders and not with Piboso's "GPBikes" itself?

Just saying guys..... Maybe a wake-up call to Bike-Modders here?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Davide74 on May 30, 2020, 12:11:39 AMPiboso in each beta that takes the game loses its grace a little more, the changes of direction now are very simple with the gas, I think I would have to reconsider in returning to how they were the physics on the beta 12 more or less. It seems that it is making each beta more accessible to be launched in steam and that the players are not frustrated ... but it is losing all its shine and challenged in the physics. In my opinion.

Please note that all the changes made in each beta have the goal to increase the simulation accuracy. The reasoning is that a more realistic sim is more predictable and, in the end, even easier to master.

However, problems might arise if modded bikes use unrealistic physics data in an attempt to go around flaws in the simulation. Those "tweaks" could then make GP Bikes too easy as new betas fix the underlying issues.