• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:19:54 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

An unsolved mystery...

Started by August1, March 22, 2014, 06:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

August1

Ok so the thread title is a bit over dramatic but I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about a PC motorcycle game that, if my memory serves me right, was featured as a demo on a 2002 issue of PC Zone (a defunct UK PC gaming mag)?

From memory, the game was based on MotoGP, was very unique as it had brutal and hilarious ragdoll riders when you crashed, featured a realistic physics engine and bike handling including convincing low-sides and high-sides.  I remember the demo featured the 125cc class only and one track. I also remember playing the demo for the first in the long-running MotoGP series of games a few months later and being thoroughly underwhelmed in comparison so I know that it wasn't one of the MotoGP games. It's also not Superbike 2001 because I have that game. I've been trying to find this game for ages without any luck.

Alby46

From the description it looks very interesting
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Arvoss

March 23, 2014, 08:22:31 AM #2 Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:26:15 AM by Arvoss
I found a couple of games that could be 'your' game :P

Ducati World Racing Challenge
AMA Superbike
Redline racer
Moto racer 3
Superbike 2000

August1

Arvoss thanks for the list but I'm afraid it's not any of those games. It was a realistic Moto GP sim with licensed bikes if I remember correctly. There is the chance that it was never released because I can count the number of realistic bike sims over the years with one hand. All I know is that I definitely had the demo installed at one point and that it's the only motorcycle sim to date that I know of which featured ragdoll rider physics (no falling/tumbling animations).

Arvoss

March 23, 2014, 09:00:49 AM #4 Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:03:24 AM by Arvoss
Quote from: August1 on March 23, 2014, 08:35:07 AM
Arvoss thanks for the list but I'm afraid it's not any of those games. It was a realistic Moto GP sim with licensed bikes if I remember correctly. There is the chance that it was never released because I can count the number of realistic bike sims over the years with one hand. All I know is that I definitely had the demo installed at one point and that it's the only motorcycle sim to date that I know of which featured ragdoll rider physics (no falling/tumbling animations).

Send a message to PC Zone ;) they can help you and maybe even send the demo to you :P

Edit: Oh, defunct means no longer existing, didn't know :/ It will be difficult to find the name of a demo i think :/

Hawk

I've not a clue which game you have in mind, but if Piboso could implement Ragdoll Physics into GP BIkes for the rider when he crashes that would be BRILLIANT to see on the replays! Hehe. And for a sim it's as close to realistic a rider action when he falls as you will get on a PC; it would be SO much better to see than the current animation we have at this time. I hope Piboso takes note for a future update.

How's about it Piboso? ;) ;D

Ian

Quote from: August1 on March 22, 2014, 06:03:59 PM
Ok so the thread title is a bit over dramatic but I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about a PC motorcycle game that, if my memory serves me right, was featured as a demo on a 2002 issue of PC Zone (a defunct UK PC gaming mag)?

Great mag I used to subscribe to it and guess what I have all the disc somewhere in the loft  ;D

August1

Now I'm not going to ask you to leaf through all those issues but I would like to let you know that there is probably a demo of a hidden gem of a motorcycle game in there somewhere  ;D

Ian

Quote from: August1 on March 23, 2014, 12:18:24 PM
Now I'm not going to ask you to leaf through all those issues but I would like to let you know that there is probably a demo of a hidden gem of a motorcycle game in there somewhere  ;D
I will have to search the disc don,t have the mags anymore,leave it with me for a day or 2 

August1

Brilliant! I'm 99% sure the demo was featured between 2001-2003.

Ian

You moved the goal post slightly  ;D I will start with 2002

Ian

RBp

Ian

Your out of luck I have Disc form 1998 to 2006
I was missing April and September 2003 Disc so slim chance it was on there.

Arvoss

Quote from: Ian on March 29, 2014, 08:39:17 PM
Your out of luck I have Disc form 1998 to 2006
I was missing April and September 2003 Disc so slim chance it was on there.

lol. So you have +-100 discs and you're missing the 2 most important ones? :P Maybe you saw that moto game too in 2003 and played it so much that it is still in your old computer :P