• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP500cc 2-Strokes Set To Return Replacing The MotoGP 4-stroke Classes.....

Started by Hawk, June 10, 2020, 09:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

Yes it's 2 stroke

It's also:

4 cylinders,
Supercharged
And a hybrid  ;D

There's your 2 stroke return

@Hawk

Tiny engines just to charge the  massive hybrid systems that drive the wheels

Aka

Bloody W**k

Enjoy

Vini

Serial hybrids are among the most stupid technologies to ever exist IMO.

Hopefully, they will eventually come to their senses and just make a bike with the DI 2t.

Hawk

Yeah... Interesting read mate, but I do hope that isn't the future of the 2T bike engines. :(

Just bring back the good old monster GP500 engines.... SPECTACULAR!! ;D ;D

PS: With the old tyres too to make it even more exciting to watch. Lol! ;)  8)

Myst1cPrun3

That's the future of all engines sadly.

Low displacement, forced induction to make up the power, and a hybrid to make up the miles.

:(

davidboda46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Hawk

Myst1cPrun3

2 stroke engine that meet emissions by removing total loss lubrication.
(No premix)

Means no smell, no smoke, just an annoying noise as it's got all the exhaust injection system and emissions s***e.

Sure a new 2T would be nice but having no smoke or smell sort of removes most of what's good about 2T from an enthusasts perspective?

It does for me anyway.

Curious on thoughts?

Myst1cPrun3

Myst1cPrun3

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on July 13, 2020, 10:18:59 AM2 stroke engine that meet emissions by removing total loss lubrication.
(No premix)

Means no smell, no smoke, just an annoying noise as it's got all the exhaust injection system and emissions s***e.

Sure a new 2T would be nice but having no smoke or smell sort of removes most of what's good about 2T from an enthusasts perspective?

It does for me anyway.

Curious on thoughts?

The smell and smoke from the old 2T's, not that the smoke was anything major once the engine was up to temp anyway, certainly wasn't the main reason for liking a 2T in my book. It was the power-band and a 2T's characteristics that make the 2T powered bikes such an amazing and exciting machine to ride..... Then of course there is the incredible sound that goes with them too.  ;D  8)

Interesting videos Mystic. Thanks for the posts.  ;)  8)

PS: I would miss that lovely smell of Castrol 'R' though...... They should put a little Castrol R oil tank drip-drip feed into the hot exhaust to compensate! Hehe!! ;D  ;D

Vini

These double/concentric sleeve designs are nothing new. Problem is that they negate the greatest advantage of two-strokes: Simplicity and low (moving) mass (and friction).
...But unnecessary complexity is sadly the direction technology has been moving towards in pretty much all branches. Just look at how ridiculously overengineered modern car engines are.