• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

August 13, 2020, 03:13:53 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta18c available! :)

GP500cc 2-Strokes Set To Return Replacing The MotoGP 4-stroke Classes.....

Started by Hawk, June 10, 2020, 09:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Woohooo!!! It's official!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

They are seriously looking into replacing the MotoGP 4-strokes by returning back to the GP500cc 2-stroke class for the world championships.... Simply cause the 500cc 2 strokes are better and more exciting to watch, and the advancements in 2 stroke technologies over the last decade.....

Take a look here: https://www.visordown.com/news/racing/motogp/could-motogp-return-two-stroke-engine-formula

Make my day!! Hehe! ;D  8)  ;D  8)

Myst1cPrun3

The article you posted is about 2 strokes being used in F1 from 2025..

No mention of dorna evaluating 2 strokes at all.

Myst1cPrun3

If we're going for a combustion engine that could be a way forward I'd say we should be looking to a rotary...

Sound mint, wonderously light, and the tech is there to make them reliable and fuel efficient.

Besides, Braaps are best  ;)

Vini

Nah, rotary has too much internal friction. Nice sound, though.

doubledragoncc

I think rotary is wrong as it is unlikely to be used on road bikes so they have to keep it in the line of representing a companies road bikes for sales...........

I think 4 strokes will be here for a while and stupid electric although technically advanced they dont make enough noise or smell so screw them (sorry My oppinion for taste lol) NEW 2 strokes may make a come back..........

I just love the big bian of a motor m8

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.
https://paypal.me/IASystems

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 11, 2020, 12:19:08 AMThe article you posted is about 2 strokes being used in F1 from 2025..

No mention of dorna evaluating 2 strokes at all.

"Regardless, MotoGP is heading for a critical moment when it comes to deciding on which direction to take for the next generation of racing.
While it will resist the shift towards a more eco-conscious fuel model such as that being adopted by Moto E, MotoGP is still committed to show it is forward-thinking and more efficient, meaning all forms of engine development will be considered...
"

Sounds very much like "Deja vu" to me Mystic..... The very same kind of thoughts that happened before they bastardised the GP500 Category instead of creating a totally separate 4-stroke category to let the fans decide the 2-strokes fate.
As they say, it's very unlikely they would want to go down the Moto-E path for the Championships, so the only other path for these dirty 4-strokes(Hehe) is to go the new cleaner 2-stroke engine path..... Sounds good to me mate. ;D

History repeating itself it seems. Lol! ;D

My only fear would be that they'll go and tame the 2-stroke racing engine with all their electronic injectors and all...... That would be a shame.... A 2-stroke racing engine is a wild animal that should never be tamed.... "2-Strokes Matter!"!(Fist-pump)  ;D

PS:@DD - I'm with you on the engine noise thing..... Nothing better than hearing a great-sounding racing engine screaming it's tits-off! Lol! ;D

Myst1cPrun3

I wouldn't say 2 strokes is the only other option.

I mean Just the other day I was reading into the possibility of them running less displacement and turbo chargers instead for economy and power.

Yamaha are looking at turbocharging their model range also.

The article doesn't mention dorna even looking at 2 strokes, just says the engine regulations are up for review.

It was mentioned by DD about rotaries not being used as it's not relevant to the road line ups..

I can agree with that to a degree, however outside of club racing and dedicated bike meetings/shows I've seen the same amount of rotaries Vs 2 strokes 'in the wild', and unlike rotaries, I don't see any company (outside of off road) jumping to develop one.
But I did read somewhere Norton's new owners were interested in returning to a rotary, (how true that is IDK as it was an obscure source and was only one article in the depths of a Google night  :D ) and Mazda have patented a new rotary and look set to return to le man's with one, so if anything a rotary is a more likely possibility than a 2 stroke return.

Only time will tell however.

Vini

A turbocharged 4t will still be a lot heavier than a 2t with equal power and probably have even worse power delivery.

2t is the most efficient combustion engine, period. Today there even is technology to make them clean.

Manu

Quote from: Hawk on June 10, 2020, 09:13:03 PMWoohooo!!! It's official!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

They are seriously looking into replacing the MotoGP 4-strokes by returning back to the GP500cc 2-stroke class for the world championships.... Simply cause the 500cc 2 strokes are better and more exciting to watch, and the advancements in 2 stroke technologies over the last decade.....

Take a look here: https://www.visordown.com/news/racing/motogp/could-motogp-return-two-stroke-engine-formula

Make my day!! Hehe! ;D  8)  ;D  8)

What killed 2T is that there was no impact on sales of two-stroke bikes while four-stroke dominated the streets. Taking that into account, I doubt that the 2T will return to the competition.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

doubledragoncc

Oh and as for electric bikes...........

Bet no lass will flash here tits to the sound of an Ebike like to that of a Harley or race bike lol

Sorry but true and Hawky said tits first lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.
https://paypal.me/IASystems

Vini

Unless some new miracle battery tech comes along, electric bikes will not come close performance wise.

Myst1cPrun3

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2019/april/turbo-yamaha-twin-under-development

yamaha turbo ^^^^

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 11, 2020, 05:21:29 PMOh and as for electric bikes...........

Bet no lass will flash here tits to the sound of an Ebike like to that of a Harley or race bike lol

DD

Electric bikes can go shove it  :D

Thankfully road bikes are exempt from the electric conversion we're going to have in the future. So Unless something drastic happens, I don't see it changing, and thus I don't see electric bikes catching on for the next 50 ish years

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 11, 2020, 05:21:29 PMBet no lass will flash there tits like ... to that ... a Harley ...

DD

Who flashes a Hardly Movingson?

Only good Harley was the race bike they made and even that was a turd  ;)

matty0l215

Myst1cPrun3

matty0l215