• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
July 20, 2019, 10:31:40 pm

News:

GP Bikes beta15b available! :)


Setup Gp Bikes

Started by giorjoe, October 01, 2013, 06:55:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeDoctor

just a little update - put in several grueling hours last night getting to grips with using the Logitech gamepad, and i am happy to announce i'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, as far as controller issues goes.
currently have it set with left trigger for brakes, right for throttle, l/r steering with right stick, and after a while of tinkering with settings, it's starting to come together - hooray!
still need to sort braking out - currently have both set to one axis, with less braking power for rear, although i'm still having the back end step out a bit too often, but it's a huge improvement so far in terms of general smoothness, most especially in the throttle/leaning department. was testing all night with Aprilia RSA250, for starters, and i can report much improved stability in cornering and under acceleration as opposed to keyboard attempts, so given a few more good sessions like that, and i will finally be able to break the hold the keyboard has had over me, lol - talk about old dog, new tricks, hahah!  ;D
hold on to those lap records while ye can, buckos - i'll soon be trying to wrestle 'em away from y'all.... 8)

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheCapeDoctor on June 22, 2015, 12:57:20 pm
just a little update - put in several grueling hours last night getting to grips with using the Logitech gamepad, and i am happy to announce i'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, as far as controller issues goes.
currently have it set with left trigger for brakes, right for throttle, l/r steering with right stick, and after a while of tinkering with settings, it's starting to come together - hooray!
still need to sort braking out - currently have both set to one axis, with less braking power for rear, although i'm still having the back end step out a bit too often, but it's a huge improvement so far in terms of general smoothness, most especially in the throttle/leaning department. was testing all night with Aprilia RSA250, for starters, and i can report much improved stability in cornering and under acceleration as opposed to keyboard attempts, so given a few more good sessions like that, and i will finally be able to break the hold the keyboard has had over me, lol - talk about old dog, new tricks, hahah!  ;D
hold on to those lap records while ye can, buckos - i'll soon be trying to wrestle 'em away from y'all.... 8)

Combined brakes = NO.NO. For me at least.

Front brake on your right trigger, rear brake (and clutch) on your left stick. This is more or less the usual setup (some steer with the left stick).

I've heard of some freakin' fast guys (actually, THE freakin' fast guy) using throttle and front brake on stick.

MaX.

CapeDoctor

June 22, 2015, 01:03:25 pm #17 Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:08:32 pm by TheCapeDoctor
i know combined braking is far from my ideal setup. will try your suggestion for left stick and see how it goes.
baby steps.....  ;D
MaX, please post your full full control setup here for me, mate - how exactly are you using rear brake/clutch on left stick?
brake on y axis, clutch on x?

HornetMaX

Just my opinion, but doing baby steps you'll lose more time.

Just do one step: throttle left trigger, front brake right trigger, bike lean on right stick, rear brake/clutch on left stick, shift up/down on rear buttons.
Once you're confident with that (allow 4 weeks), you may eventually investigate other setups, but it will take time: this bloody simulator requires some serious practice and the controller setup is something that must be hardcoded in your brain.

MaX.

CapeDoctor

okay, okay, i'll stay here in the deep end, lol
thanks for the support, much appreciated, mate ;)

JJS209

June 22, 2015, 01:26:40 pm #20 Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:32:01 pm by JJS209
here is my controller config...

€: on the x,y,a,b buttons i have waving and kicking

Warlock

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 22, 2015, 01:01:02 pm
I've heard of some freakin' fast guys (actually, THE freakin' fast guy) using throttle and front brake on stick.


Who? me? lol  ;D

I do use right stick for gas and front brake, rear brake on shoulder button (logitec pad, no triggers), pretty good  :)

Napalm Nick

Me too! So also the freakin slow guys  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Me too... I use throttle and front brake on joystick axis.

Hawk.

Vini

But then, how do you revmatch while braking?

JJS209

surrounded by curious men  :-X

€:
- Sir! We are surrounded! -
- Excellent! We can attack in any direction! -

HornetMaX

Quote from: Warlock on June 22, 2015, 01:59:05 pm
Who? me? lol  ;D

No, not you. I said freakin' fast :)

Quote from: Hawk UK on June 22, 2015, 05:45:22 pm
Me too... I use throttle and front brake on joystick axis.

Rooh ... I meant joypad joystick ... you play with a phallic object ... :)

MaX.

JJS209

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 22, 2015, 06:20:56 pm
Quote from: Hawk UK on June 22, 2015, 05:45:22 pm
Me too... I use throttle and front brake on joystick axis.

Rooh ... I meant joypad joystick ... you play with a phallic object ... :)

MaX.

that is funny! aaand there are ppl who like "phallic ojects" ive heard  :o

BOBR6 84

Throttle - Right trigger
Front brake - Left trigger
Steer - Left stick
Clutch - Right stick forward
Rear brake - Right stick back
Gear up - B
Gear down - RB

so when you downshift.. your index finger covers RB and your thumb pushes the right stick forward for clutch..

good to see different setups, i guess we get used to our own way although i think you lot are crazy!!  ;D ;D ;D

Warlock