• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:01:29 AM

Preload

Started by Desteban, March 27, 2014, 04:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desteban

When the guy is on the bike no matter how much you change the Preload value the suspension on the MaxHud stays the same, I think it is a bug within the game.
But when you drop the bike you can suddenly see the difference on MaxHud.

Preload 0

Preload Front 16 and Rear 8

HornetMaX

Hmm I wouldn't trust that much the indication when the bike is "crashed".

MaX.

Desteban

April 14, 2014, 05:29:47 PM #17 Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:02:36 PM by Desteban
I actually do pretty much since I tried different preload settings and the suspension height changed accordingly when the bike was flat out on the ground.
Tried to take a look in replays if there is a optical difference when the bike is standing but doesn't seem to be the case.

On the other hand that confirms the feeling I get when riding, that increasing the preload does decrease the ride height.

HornetMaX

Yeah but what you see does not make sense: more preload = suspension more compressed when the bike is down ?

MaX.

doubledragoncc

The more preload makes the suspension stiffer as it puts pressure on the spring, therefore making the bike sit higher not lower. Imagine preload like putting a spacer between the fork spring and fork cap, that is basically how it is, but most forks now have a forkcap that you can turn the knob to spin a spacer up or down to increase/decrease preload.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

C21

May 06, 2014, 06:59:13 AM #20 Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:59:45 PM by C21
Thrust me. Desteban Knows exactly what Preload does on a Real Bike.
[OT on]
@Deste
How was the Race last Weekend? 1st of the Saison and Bad Weather on the practice days ? ;)
[OT off]

The Problem is:
It seems to be that the Preload INGAME does Not compare to the Common Preload Setting in Real Life.
That's what he is Talking about ;)
I'm Not sure if you read the whole topic.....

# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

Hmmm ... I still wouldn't look at what happens when the bike is crashed.
However it does look strange that we don't seem to see any effect on the suspension position (when the bike is at rest) when varying the preload from zero to its maximum.

I have on means to check this properly but it should be trivial for Piboso to check.

MaX.

Desteban

May 07, 2014, 03:35:27 PM #22 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:56:45 PM by Desteban
Yeah sad we can't check this properly.

@C21
Race was really hard, had a bad crash on tuesday and was too weak to ride the bike fast. But prior to that I was pretty much in the middle of the pack
so I am satisfied for now. Weather was good till thursday and started getting better Saturday, even had dry qualy and sunny race so not much room for complains here  ;D
Aiming for Points next race in Zolder  8)

Warlock

hope you are ok Desteban, and good luck for the next one m8.  ;)

BOBR6 84

What do you race desteban?

I feel silly replying to your first post hahaha

Desteban

@Warlock
Yeah I think I'll be fine till next race in 3 weeks. Thx mate, I need any luck I can get. Those guys are serously fast  ;D

@BOBR6
I race with an R6, something like stock 600 in germany.
Don't feel silly, I am still having problems to express what I mean properly with all those technical terms as English isn't my native
language. So in that regard you did answere my question just fine ;)