• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:40:21 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Unpopular Opinion: The current Assen Layout is the best version

Started by Myst1cPrun3, July 24, 2020, 06:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

This is an unpopular opinion really, but I feel that the new version of Assen (post 2005) is the best layout.

Its shorter, safer, and still horrendously fast.

The old version didn't have seem to have many overtaking points, most of the braking zones in the first 'changed' sector being curved.

Any specific 'stand out points', still remain, as the first sector was nothing really special, but the fast back straight and last sectors still remain.

I personally don't see the appeal to the old pre-2006 version.

Now the original road version is a whole other beast and a different circuit in the grand scheme of things to me.

Opinions on old/new Assen?

Hawk

In my opinion, this is the best layout ever of the Assen TT Circuit.... Probably the best motorcycle road racing circuit in the world there has ever been.  ;D  8)

Yes, at the time there were safety issues especially the trees lining the track side, but surely they could've just took those trees away instead of totally bastardising the whole track itself. What they did to the Classic Assen TT Circuit layout was a massive crime in my book. Turned it into just a very average circuit.... Such a huge shame.  >:(  :'(  :'(

But whatever, what's happened has happened and it ain't going to change, but I would really like to see this layout and length rebuilt in a new venue somewhere.... It would be an absolute beauty!!  ;D

[url=https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:TT_Circuit_Assen_1984-2001.svg]
TT Circuit Assen 1984-2001
TT Assen.svg: Will Pittenger
derivative work: Gpmat / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)[/url]

Vini

agree. pre 2001 is the best. but the current one is better than the 2005 version. the fast section is completely ruined in that one.

connorhall70

GanjaGod

JohnnoNinja

Safety is for people who care about others ;) Anyway, I think the current layout of Assen is the best, but I'm also a bit biased. I started to follow/visit MotoGP and SBK once they already changed to the current layout. But I've also ridden a few times on the track in its current state. It has slow and very fast sections and the track feels very safe to ride. I must say that when the 2005 layout was released in GPB, I started to understand the love for the older version of Assen.

Vini

Quote from: connorhall70 on July 26, 2020, 01:59:23 AMSafety is for people with tiny tiny bollocks.
this

if you want safety, maybe don't push a bike 300km/h around a race track.