• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 19, 2020, 02:48:33 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta19 WIP

Started by VSMaster, July 17, 2020, 02:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMaster

No new stock content planned for the next major update of GPB?
Always on the edge

PiBoSo

Quote from: VSMaster on July 17, 2020, 02:02:37 PMNo new stock content planned for the next major update of GPB?

Work on a new track is in progress.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 19, 2020, 08:51:37 AM
Quote from: VSMaster on July 17, 2020, 02:02:37 PMNo new stock content planned for the next major update of GPB?

Thought we were getting more bikes?

VSMaster

Quote from: Vini on July 19, 2020, 12:56:24 PMPlease just release a quick VR hotfix before looking into new features like that.

Nice. As Myst1c said I thought a new bike would have been added too, or maybe a rework of the M2
Always on the edge

PiBoSo

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on July 19, 2020, 10:38:05 AM

Thought we were getting more bikes?

The original plan was to publish the next major release on Steam, with new bikes and a new track.
However, apparently an intermediate build is needed.
Integrating bikes is extremely time-consuming, so unfortunately Beta19 will "only" feature a new track.

Alex Nogueira

Does that mean a light at the end of the tunnel? ie in beta20 is it more than right to be released on steam?

Vini

The Steam release is great news but why wait for releasing the intermediate build (beta19) until the new track is ready?
The physics and simulation issues are far more important to most players. We got plenty of mod tracks already.

The tankslappers could easily be fixed by reverting to the almost perfect 18b virtual rider code but the slipper clutch simulation probably needs some deeper analysis. There is something fundamentally wrong when the bike is leaned over.

doubledragoncc

I dont understand why the 990 bike is not included as others seeing as others have modded it and it works in beta18c?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 7700 4.8GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX2070 OC 8GB DDR6 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler ROG Thor 850w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.
https://paypal.me/IASystems

PiBoSo

Quote from: Alex Nogueira on August 09, 2020, 11:58:38 PMDoes that mean a light at the end of the tunnel? ie in beta20 is it more than right to be released on steam?

That's the plan at the moment. To release Beta20 on Steam.

matty0l215

Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 10, 2020, 09:02:13 AMI dont understand why the 990 bike is not included as others seeing as others have modded it and it works in beta18c?

DD

Working and race worth are two very different things.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Vini on August 10, 2020, 08:35:51 AMThe tankslappers could easily be fixed by reverting to the almost perfect 18b virtual rider code but the slipper clutch simulation probably needs some deeper analysis. There is something fundamentally wrong when the bike is leaned over.

I did make a little progress on my HP4 Race with the tankslappers, but the virtual rider values in the cfg were stumping me.

The tankslapper may be something modders can remove ok their end because of this, but In order to get bikes setup properly with the virtual rider we really need to know these values. (SPG, sdg etc)

I did ask on the discord but I didn't get an answer to the question. Well I got an answer but it wasn't helpful, and quite insulting honestly. But water under the bridge now.

Hopefully we can get these values explained somewhere.

I mean, I personally just need to know the effect they have, not even the maths. "This value strengthens forearms" or "this value is a ratio of the speed of movement back to center" etc

Vini

I mean, yes VSMaster also managed to get rid of the tankslappers on his SBK mod but the result is that it basically becomes impossible to change direction on the throttle.

So it is about finding the perfect balance. 18b had by far the best compromise between stability and agility so far.

Where is the crime in reverting to previous code when it simply worked better for everybody and doesn't require a complete rework of all mods?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Vini on August 10, 2020, 08:35:51 AMThe Steam release is great news but why wait for releasing the intermediate build (beta19) until the new track is ready?
The physics and simulation issues are far more important to most players. We got plenty of mod tracks already.

The tankslappers could easily be fixed by reverting to the almost perfect 18b virtual rider code but the slipper clutch simulation probably needs some deeper analysis. There is something fundamentally wrong when the bike is leaned over.

Beta19 release is not being delayed because of the new track, that will probably be completed very soon.

What's preventing quicker updates is the fact that, unfortunately, there are other projects in development.

Also, again, the tankslappers issues are not so easy to fix. After extensive testing, there doesn't seem to be any difference between the Beta18b and ( what I suppose is ) the Beta18c code. At the moment the only possible explanation is that there has been an error when packaging Beta18c, but there is no proof yet.

PiBoSo

Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 10, 2020, 09:02:13 AMI dont understand why the 990 bike is not included as others seeing as others have modded it and it works in beta18c?

DD

The RC990 has been taken out because the 3D model had several issues.
Maybe they will be fixed and the bike will return in a future update.
Please note that other bikes are in development anyway.

h106frp

Some of the root causes of the physics issues (particularly tyres) need to be resolved as at the moment we end up 'cooking' the VR/bike/tyre parameters to solve issues with the game and create new problems with bits that probably should work OK with realistic parameters along the way.

It really struck home for me when I was trying to update Nordy and watching videos of riders making quick laps of the circuit, they were not having to use huge lean angles and weird lines to get around the circuit with very respectable times.