• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2020, 09:52:55 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta19 WIP

Started by VSMaster, July 17, 2020, 02:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnoNinja

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 10, 2020, 11:26:55 AM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 10, 2020, 09:02:13 AMI dont understand why the 990 bike is not included as others seeing as others have modded it and it works in beta18c?

DD

The RC990 has been taken out because the 3D model had several issues.
Maybe they will be fixed and the bike will return in a future update.
Please note that other bikes are in development anyway.

Could and would you elaborate on the new bikes and track? I'm curious what's in the pipeline:) Also good news that a release on steam is getting closer:)

Vini

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 10, 2020, 11:24:42 AMAlso, again, the tankslappers issues are not so easy to fix. After extensive testing, there doesn't seem to be any difference between the Beta18b and ( what I suppose is ) the Beta18c code.
How are you doing the testing? By looking at the code or by playing? You said that something was changed to "improve low speed stability" so the code cannot be completely identical. Maybe something is interacting in a way you didn't expect and therefore remains relevant even at higher speeds.

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 10, 2020, 11:24:42 AMAt the moment the only possible explanation is that there has been an error when packaging Beta18c, but there is no proof yet.
This could be easily tested. Just recompile/repackage beta18c as a full installer and let us test it.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Vini on August 10, 2020, 11:50:31 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on August 10, 2020, 11:24:42 AMAlso, again, the tankslappers issues are not so easy to fix. After extensive testing, there doesn't seem to be any difference between the Beta18b and ( what I suppose is ) the Beta18c code.
How are you doing the testing? By looking at the code or by playing? You said that something was changed to "improve low speed stability" so the code cannot be completely identical. Maybe something is interacting in a way you didn't expect and therefore remains relevant even at higher speeds.

You don't think much of me, do you?
Of course, in addition to code comparison, it has been tested on track and checking the telemetry to make sure that the low-speed stability code doesn't kick in at higher speeds.

Maybe there is a difference somewhere else, for example in the track collisions code, that affects the physics.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Vini

I am just voicing different ideas to create a discussion and make sure nothing gets overlooked.

I have obviously no idea how the code looks so I'm guessing potential connections. All I know is that the virtual rider is extremely sensitive and has been the cause of similar issues in the past. From my limited programming experience, I also know that connections between different parts of the code can sometimes become very obscure and can be easily overlooked.

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 10, 2020, 02:24:58 PMchecking the telemetry to make sure that the low-speed stability code doesn't kick in at higher speeds.
Ok, so you are able to reproduce the stability issues we are talking about?
I would gladly provide some more data if it helps. What kind of telemetry are you looking at to determine the VR behaviour?

Vini

What's the status on the adjustable steering damper?

VSMaster

Can we know what track you're working on? ;D  :)
Always on the edge

PiBoSo

Quote from: Vini on August 11, 2020, 02:25:44 PMWhat's the status on the adjustable steering damper?

It will be added to Beta19.

PiBoSo

VSMaster

Is there a planned date for the release of the next beta?
Always on the edge

Vini

Quote from: PiBoSo* GPB / MXB: linked the heading control to the rider head animations
This sounds cool.
Is this feature VR/headtracking-only or does it also work for the regular lean heading mode?