• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:50:01 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Vallelunga problem

Started by HornetMaX, June 03, 2014, 09:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Hi all,

not sure who's the author of Vallelunga but there's a problem with the pitlane: tonight 2 of us got a ride through penalty (usual GPB glitch at race start  ::) ) and despite the fact we went through the pitlane multiple times (at low speed), the ride through was never cleared and we finally got disqualified.

In trackEd, the pit in/out lines and the finish line seems correct. The only thing I can think of is the following:

To identify surfaces an additional prefix must be added to asphalt/concrete objects name ( eg: PIT_TRKASPH ):
pit entrance -> PITIN_
pit exit -> PITOUT_
pit lane -> PIT_
non-racing -> OFF_

Anybody can have a look ?

MaX.

noss69

You found the answer Max, I never took the time to finish this track parts of asphalt pits does not sound right name

HornetMaX

Thanks for the reply Noss !

I think we should have a topic in which we state for each track if it is "race ready" or not (or unknown).

Race ready means essentially:

• Timing working (in particular, finish line extending in the pit lane)
  • Ride-through working
  • No holes between track and grass or kerbs
  • Not possible to fly to an area where the bike falls below the ground level

MaX.

P.S.
I kinda like the track: it has 2/3 points that need some care (in terms of track surface) but overall it'a fun track !

HornetMaX

Noss, by chance does Suzuka have the same problem as Vallelunga ?

I'm asking because I've noticed something strange on both tracks: when you fall in the pits, you respawn on the track (while for example on Victoria you respawn in the pit lane).

Just wondering if ...

MaX.

BOBR6 84

If you fall in the pits at silverstone you respawn on the track too!

HornetMaX

Monzabike v1.1 has the same problem too.

MaX.