• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Suggestion Setup Screen.

Started by Klax75, April 15, 2014, 07:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

I know a lot of guys on here this isn't that important. Hehehe. But for me, setup is my hardest thing for me.

My suggestion is, on the setup screen to have a option to turn on. Once on it will display a basic side view and top view drawling of a motorcycle. Now when I adjust something on the bike the motorcycle chart will change giving me a visual on what this is doing to the bike. So the bike would start blue, then I change something it shows me the new values visually in red compared to the whole in blue. If I change the brake size it shows me the change from what I had to what I changed it to. If I change the preload on the suspension it gives me a visual from what I had to what I changed too, and so on.

Just a idea. :)

Hawk

It's a good idea Klax..... There should be some sort of visual representation of the bike for any changes made to the setup to give people a better visual and better understanding to what the changes are doing. Some people get a better feeling for learning setups from a visual point of view rather than just numbers and then hoping they can feel the difference on track, but not really understanding what they did correct to make that difference in handling they may get on track.

Arvoss

That would be a very nice feature indeed! I need to play 1 day with the setup to see if the bike really reacts differently... Maybe tomorrow, on Victoria, do some hotlaps with completely different setups and see the differences in time ;)

HornetMaX

Most likely you don't need this in-game: you just need all the parameters explained once, with the necessary drawings.

Some parameters wont' be visible on a drawing including the whole bike: when you change the swing arm length +1mm, it's hard to see it visually on a bike with a 1400+ mm wheelbase.

That said, what matters is not really what is the visual effect of what you change, but what is the impact on how the bike rides after that change.

MaX.