• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:21:30 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes VR doesn't work (Oculus Rift S, Win 10)

Started by Racer51, December 29, 2020, 06:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racer51

December 29, 2020, 06:43:45 PM Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 06:46:39 PM by Racer51
Hi,

I just downloaded the GP Bikes Demo (beta19). When I klick on GP Bikes - VR it just opens the Oculus App but nothing happens. The game doesn't appear in the Oculus Library. I am not getting any error. It just doesn't work. I run the most recent Win 10 Version. I searched the forum but couldn't find any troubleshooting.

The non-VR version works.

Can someone please help me? I am really excited to try it in VR.

Thanks!

Vini

Quote from: Racer51 on December 29, 2020, 06:43:45 PMI searched the forum but couldn't find any troubleshooting.
lol yeah don't even bother with that, or contacting their support for that matter...
It's just as bad as their software itself.

I had the same happen but I think all I did was redo the whole Oculus "calibration" routine after reconnecting all the devices and restarting my PC.
Also, try manually adding core.exe to your Oculus library.

Racer51

December 30, 2020, 07:59:03 PM #2 Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 08:54:17 PM by Racer51
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Unfortunately it didn't work. I also manually added core.exe. But when starting it, on the Oculus "core" is just loading and nothing happens. On the monitor the app starts normally, but there is no VR.

I also deleted everything and reinstalled it a couple of times but still same problem.

Can anyone help here? I would really love to try the demo in VR!

Thanks!

Vini

Racer51

No it doesn't work via Steam. I also added it to the Steam VR library but it opens the app only in non-VR :(

Racer51

Is it possible that VR Mode doesn't work for the demo version?

Racer51

December 31, 2020, 10:21:49 AM #6 Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 10:23:44 AM by Racer51
I solved it! My NVIDIA Settings were set to Automatic. I just changed it to my RTX and it worked. So the problem was obviously that the game was using the onboard graphics instead of the RTX.

It's awesome! But massive motion sickness. Especially the stuttering when braking. Need to play a bit more hopefully it goes away.

PiBoSo

December 31, 2020, 10:36:40 AM #7 Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 02:44:26 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Racer51 on December 31, 2020, 10:21:49 AMI solved it! My NVIDIA Settings were set to Automatic. I just changed it to my RTX and it worked. So the problem was obviously that the game was using the onboard graphics instead of the RTX.

It's awesome! But massive motion sickness. Especially the stuttering when braking. Need to play a bit more hopefully it goes away.

Thank you for the report.

Which onboard view are you using? Do you get motion sickness with both?
Please try to disable "Lock to Bike" in GP Bikes -> Settings -> Simulation -> Cockpit View
Also, please try changing the "Tilt" setting. The default should be 0%, that means that the view is always level with the horizon.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Vini

Racer51

Lock to Bike did it thanks a lot! When I am riding fluently I have no motion sickness! I am riding only onboard.

The bike is way too agile compared to the real world. It takes much longer to bring a superbike to maximum lean on track in the real world. Is it possible to adjust this? I palyed around with the settings but couldn't find the right setting. I didn't change direct lean (15%) as this is the most realistic feeling in my opinion when I compare it with riding on track.

Thanks a lot for your help!