• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 09:26:28 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Tired of lack of help!!!

Started by doubledragoncc, December 25, 2020, 12:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Hi, Im sorry but I am now sick and tired that having to run 2 databases and getting bugger all help from modders to keep up to date.

I do this for YOU!!!

All I ask is send me direct links NOT bloody Discord links as it is a problem on my PC and I should not have to search for updates to help you all

I AM BUSY and have a life but try to help keep a place for all mods but it is getting a real pain to do so.

If I cant get help I will just shut the servers down as now they are nearly full at over 100GB and it will cost me money to continue.

Sorry but it needs to be done.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Well said DD.....

There was a time when this community was a community that pulled together and helped each other as much as we could, but unfortunately it's slowly but insidiously gone the other way as more and more people have arrived in the community to selfishly do their own thing without consideration for already established ways of doing things....
Sad and unfortunate what happens when a community doesn't abide by some common sense etiquettes to keep things working smoothly.

I fully support your decision mate..... Go for it; if people here care at all they will start to see that it's not a lot to ask these modders to simply throw you a link to their work each time they create or update their MODS.......

C'mon guys..... WAKE-UP!!

doubledragoncc

Thanks Hawk

Its like paint file names.......do you know how many Valention pnt files there are but you dont know if they are for a bike. a suit or a helmet!!! How long does it take to type a full file name that says what its for and I have THOUSANDS of paints I have to keep track of

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

matty0l215

Tried, Failed and gave up. Let modders do what they want  ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

VSMaster

Sometimes I wait to send links because I may update it often, so it may be annoying getting send new link everytime
Always on the edge

Hawk

Quote from: VSMaster on December 26, 2020, 09:25:47 PMSometimes I wait to send links because I may update it often, so it may be annoying getting send new link every time

Do you need to update often? Why not just work on a mod and release an update once every two weeks or even just once every month on a set regular date that everyone involved(modders, database and race server admins) can organise for & agree to do updates on?

doubledragoncc

Im just trying to keep all upto date so as to stop online issues but it is so hard

DD

VSMaster

Quote from: Hawk on December 27, 2020, 05:08:53 AMDo you need to update often? Why not just work on a mod and release an update once every two weeks or even just once every month on a set regular date that everyone involved(modders, database and race server admins) can organise for & agree to do updates on?

I try to make less updates as possible, but atm I have just one project that I update often, and hopefully the next one will fix few issues and will be good for the new beta. (been like 11 days since last update now, lol)
Always on the edge

VSMaster

Thing is that I respect DD and I appreciate his work and efforts and if he needs help ill be glad to offer that
Always on the edge

doubledragoncc

Thanks VS appreciate the kind words

Sorry that I had to shoot off the other day but was testing and helping a new rider.

Will hopefully be online more in the future and over the holidays

DD