• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:31:24 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Gear Ratios in bike.cfg

Started by VSMaster, January 03, 2021, 12:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMaster

For me it would be better to assign ratios for each gear, something like this

gear0
{
  ratio0 = 15, 30
  ratio1 = 15, 30
  ratio2 = 15, 30
)
ratiosetting = 1

instead of the current system. What do you think? would it be possible?
Always on the edge

doubledragoncc

January 03, 2021, 10:08:01 AM #1 Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 10:10:13 AM by doubledragoncc
The problem is you would get bike mismatch in online. The cfg file must be the same for ALL the bikes on the server. I like changing the cfg BUT this problem is there.

Maybe that could be changed but it would mean people could cheat on the power and more for the bike and racing online would be unfair

Maybe a tuners series could be made where we were able to do this and not get bike mismatch just for fun and experimenting?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

VSMaster

Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 03, 2021, 10:08:01 AMThe problem is you would get bike mismatch in online. The cfg file must be the same for ALL the bikes on the server. I like changing the cfg BUT this problem is there.

How? Of course everyone will have the same configuration. Mine is just a suggestion instead of having all the gear ratios without specifying for which gear they're for. It would be more realistic for me

Quote from: doubledragoncc on January 03, 2021, 10:08:01 AMMaybe that could be changed but it would mean people could cheat on the power and more for the bike and racing online would be unfair
?

Again, if everyone has the same settings how would someone cheat? :D
Always on the edge

Myst1cPrun3

You can calculate all these values already.

And I think (although it's been a while) you can do adjustable ones too.

That's what the adjustable parts do in the transmission garage tab.

Although not sure on the 'code' in the cfgs

VSMaster

Sorry I don't get it. My problem is that when you you put many ratios, in the garage I you can set a ratio for 2nd gear but it shouldn't. I just want to fix that
Always on the edge

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: VSMaster on January 05, 2021, 11:33:56 AMSorry I don't get it. My problem is that when you you put many ratios, in the garage I you can set a ratio for 2nd gear but it shouldn't. I just want to fix that

What?

Myst1cPrun3

If it's done correctly it is all possible as was stated in the first post, maybe just a different layout.

If it's not working then it's likely there was a mistake in the cfg with } or something.

It's also not something that can be 'made up' so to speak, these ratios (for individual gears) have to be calculated to ensure a gearbox works properly.

90% of bikes' values are available online on a per gear basis.