• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:13:01 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Steam VR issues Major WTF

Started by doubledragoncc, February 08, 2022, 08:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Steam VR suck massive donkey balls!!! It SUCKS!!!

Since I built a new PC and had to install all new has not been an issue and OpenXR for VR works great but Since I installed GPBikes via Steam I have real agro............Stand alone works fine

1. Simple point, old version would stay fullscreen in VR on my 4K main monitor, now it reduces to a piddly 1080p? So cant record the actual VR view in 4K!!!

2. Steam will just not always load controller, where the stand alone always does

3. SteamVR demands a lower resolution than OpenXR and is still shite

4. SteamVR is so fussy to set up and often while steam decides it needs to update it screws your settings..........start again with the crap setting

5.SteamVR causes WMR users to run 2 programs where openXR you only need the WMR Portal

6. Steam takes control of how you setup your games and anything concerned with them!!! .....Hence VR sucks

7. OpenXR is Heaven

8. Any help to sort it out would make me your best mate...........pretty please

Sorry but Steam is like Milestone, monopilizing the industry and only for themselves not us and they just think about console users and gamepads not real simmers like us..........shame

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

onearmedbandit

Interesting to read. I must say with nearly 3yrs of SteamVR use it hasn't let me down in any way. Maybe because of my HMD.

doubledragoncc

I had no problems until GPB was released on steam and now I have issues that really should not happen. I am real busy so I will try to sort it in the next few weeks.

I love GPB and stand by it all the way it is just frustrating right now.

I know it is settings somewhere it is just which ones and where  lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

poumpouny

using also steam vr since Beta 10, never got problem !

Chispifumy

Quote from: poumpouny on February 14, 2022, 07:08:11 AMusing also steam vr since Beta 10, never got problem !
is the world scale correct in your case using steam vr? Everything seems a little small to me.

Nihil

Quote from: Chispifumy on February 15, 2022, 08:36:50 PMis the world scale correct in your case using steam vr? Everything seems a little small to me.

Looks fine to me, but you can change it in SteamVR settings (either global or per-game, make sure you have advanced options showing)

onearmedbandit

World scale is fine for me with SteamVR and Vive Pro HMD.

doubledragoncc

February 17, 2022, 12:11:43 PM #7 Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 12:29:51 PM by doubledragoncc
My main problem now is when I start GPBikes in VR from steam the actual PC screen on the monitor is at 1080p on my 4k screen. It never did it before and recording or ding any demo for observers is shite as it is not fullscreen and have trien everything I know but cant get it fullscreen if in VR:

Tried posting a pic but wont show?

Hope someone understands and can help

DD

onearmedbandit

When you say the PC screen are you referring to SteamVR view image (on the monitor) or what the game produces itself? If it's what the game produces itself then my understanding is SteamVR has no influence on this.

doubledragoncc

It is the actual game screen on the monitor. Normally in non VR it fills my 4K 50 inch screen but in VR it is only at the top left at a quarter of the screen size ie: 1080p not 4k

DD