• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 09:11:45 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[GPBikes][WIP]Cadwell Park

Started by janaucarre, January 13, 2014, 01:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Hi SA_22.
It's good to know there is another perfectionist when it comes to modelling. It's the details that when done correctly people don't notice, but when done badly they stick out like a sore thumb. ;D

I really haven't had the time to crack on with this project, but I have got as far as creating the track surface + edging(using the old track file as height and camber guides), also applied some beta textures to the track surface and edging to get an idea of what it will look like when textured, and also sculpted the inner track terrain pretty much correctly(Still a little work to be done on the inner terrain sculpting around the hairpin and barn corner to get it absolutely correct). Then of course it would require the outer track terrain to be sculpted too to finish off the terrain modelling.

I am not happy with the way the original Cadwell track file portrays the track surface height and cambers at "Coppice" up the hill and around "Charlies", also not happy with the camber around "Chris Curve" and going into the "Gooseneck", this also needs some work to sort it out, but I think the rest of the track surface is pretty much as accurate as your going to get it without genuine height/track data. So I'd have to do some work to correct those three corners mentioned above.

Then of course the positioning of the trees and peripheral things on the circuit are not accurate in a lot of cases around the current track, namely the trees that have been positioned on the hill at "Charlies Bend"(Inner track terrain)  is totally wrong as in reality there are no trees there at all.

Overall, my idea is to create the two versions of the Cadwell Park Circuit: The old version, and then the new modern version with the new chicane between "Mansfield Corner" and the "Mountain" complex, and the inclusion of the new pedestrian bridge that has been built across the track.

If you want to go ahead and create a new version of Cadwell Park then please feel free to do so(Just let me know to save working on a project that is already being worked on), because as I said I have very little time to work on this project, and also the fact that I'm creating a Yamaha YZR 500cc OW60 MOD bike which is my priority to finish first(both projects are scratch builds), so I'd guess it would probably be later this year going into Christmas before I'd finish the Cadwell Park Track myself. :)

Janaucarre, as far as I understand, is also very busy with other projects at this time, but he is experienced with integrating track models into GP Bikes, so I'm sure you can pick his brains to sort that side of things out when the time comes. ;)

So yeah, if you really want to crack on with this yourself, then just let me know what you decide you want to do because, as I said, it will save me working on a project that is already being worked on.
If you want, I have some reference material that I could upload to MEGA for you to access if this would help?

SA_22

nice yzr 500 sounds sweet!

if you want we could work on it together. i could take what you have and put it together with what i have so far... then continue working on the new version. once you have free time, some help with the assets around the track would be nice, and then we can convert it to the old version once its done...

yea looking at the track importing stuff more,  and it is pretty loose on the details!.. definitely going to need someone with abit of experience with it to help me get to grips with it.

yeah any reference or old files you have would be appreciated!!

SA

Hawk

Quote from: SA_22 on March 31, 2014, 11:19:09 PM
nice yzr 500 sounds sweet!

if you want we could work on it together. i could take what you have and put it together with what i have so far... then continue working on the new version. once you have free time, some help with the assets around the track would be nice, and then we can convert it to the old version once its done...

yea looking at the track importing stuff more,  and it is pretty loose on the details!.. definitely going to need someone with abit of experience with it to help me get to grips with it.

yeah any reference or old files you have would be appreciated!!

SA

Hi SA.
Sorry for the delay in reply..... I'll upload what I have to Mega and send you a PM with the download link. ;)

Hawk

Hi SA....

Any news on Cadwell Park? How's things progressing?  ;)

SA_22

waiting on getting more info about the tracks tools and how to best make / setup assets and textures

busy working on freelance stuff right now... gotta make that money!

Hawk

Quote from: SA_22 on April 25, 2014, 11:17:14 AM
waiting on getting more info about the tracks tools and how to best make / setup assets and textures

busy working on freelance stuff right now... gotta make that money!

No probs.... I understand.... time and the need to make money is our enemy. Lol ;) ;D