• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:51:42 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[RELEASED] Tsukuba Circuit v1.2

Started by BerScott, April 18, 2014, 01:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BerScott

April 18, 2014, 01:07:22 AM Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 04:41:13 AM by BerScott
My first addition to this fantastic sim (WRS too). Credits goes to Polar Blue 21 for create my favourite track from scratch and zwiss for the huge rework done on the track. Special thanks to zwiss for give me permission to convert and share it here.

I've chosen this track because it's a short layout to make a first conversion testing and is my favourite track to test mods so far, so expect more coming soon.

Pics (click to expand)

BerScott

April 18, 2014, 01:08:00 AM #1 Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 02:01:10 PM by BerScott
Few questions before releasing:

1. Lap timing and max speed are not working, but completed laps are counted.

SOLVED: Race data had positive values where negatives were mandatory.

2. Envmaps make TrackEd and MapView to crash (Nvoglv32.dll involved).

SOLVED: Seems that envmaps don't work with bump maps.

3. I've tried a set of cameras, but I'm not sure how to set max distance to switch cameras according to where the bike is placed, and this makes some cameras to overlap one to each other causing an annoying cam switch.

SOLVED: Limit option should be filled with latitudes.

4. Some alpha channels from some textures are not working well. As you can see in the pics, some of them are showing the entire canvas silhouette, like the Dunlop bridge. The alpha channel grey scale are configured as expected: entire black and white.

SOLVED: Adding "CK_" prefix to some textures solved the problem.

5. Is it possible to use double sided materials? How?
SOLVED: Not supported ATM.

I've performed a search related to all these stuff and I've not managed to find nothing.

I would appreciate a hand.

SA_22

April 18, 2014, 01:28:30 AM #2 Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:31:07 AM by SA_22
love this track from playing forza so much... should be a great addition!

the alpha channel on the dunlop bridge needs to be fixed... not 100% transparent

shadows are flipped on the rider and track

sorry not sure about your questions but do have a few of my own..

couple you explain how you got the normal map and spec to show up ingame?... have followed every instruction i can find and they dont show

for the sun what settings did you export it with, and what settings are in the amd file?

how did you get shadows to show.

BerScott

April 18, 2014, 02:02:26 AM #3 Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 02:17:22 AM by BerScott
Quote from: SA_22 on April 18, 2014, 01:28:30 AMthe alpha channel on the dunlop bridge needs to be fixed... not 100% transparent
I've added this issue in my previous post, I forgot to ask about it. Thanks.

Quote from: SA_22 on April 18, 2014, 01:28:30 AMcouple you explain how you got the normal map and spec to show up ingame?... have followed every instruction i can find and they dont show
I've followed PiBoSo Track creation rules, you can find shaders section here: link

I've used a special road texture from google images as reference to make a specular and a normal map, then I've tiled them to get the desired effect as GP Bikes seems to not support UV channel resizing. I use photoshop and NVIDIA plugins to make normal maps. Specular map has been obtained just making the texture black & white and playing with brightness and contrast.
The diffuse map is the original from zwiss, specular and normal maps are 1024px.

Quote from: SA_22 on April 18, 2014, 01:28:30 AMfor the sun what settings did you export it with, and what settings are in the amd file?
I've merged settings from different tracks until obtain a good looking ambient. And about the sun position settings:

sun_position
{
x = -80
y = 100
z = -80
}

Quote from: SA_22 on April 18, 2014, 01:28:30 AMhow did you get shadows to show.
As I've said above, I've just followed the PiBoSo Track creation rules. Here is the naming section: link. TRK objects are shadow receiver and WLL objects are shadow caster and receiver.

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

RBp

1)check all the split and timing lines are on coliable objects.

2)never tried evnmap

3) still figuring out camera myself...

4)that not a timing sector model on the bridge?  clone a working alpha texture to replace the brigde one not working

5) not sure about double sided materials but you can unifie both face's

Hawk

Looks like a fine piece of work.... I'll be following this with interest as I've been having problems with the track integration process.

Good job mate.... Can't wait to give this a try. ;D 8)

Hawk

Camera view syncing: You take the end distance from the previous camera and set that as the start distance of the next camera, and so on until you've done the same for each camera. That will make the next camera pick up the view from were the last camera left it instead of the views, as you said, overlapping each other.  :)

Zooming I'm not sure about as I've not tried that recently added feature as yet.

Klax75

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 18, 2014, 07:45:59 AM
Camera view syncing: You take the end distance from the previous camera and set that as the start distance of the next camera, and so on until you've done the same for each camera. That will make the next camera pick up the view from were the last camera left it instead of the views, as you said, overlapping each other.  :)

Zooming I'm not sure about as I've not tried that recently added feature as yet.

I've tried the zooming in but didn't seem to do anything and each bike camera.cfg file you have to add some code, but even after that I didn't notice the camera zooming in at all.

jorgemeca1

omg! tsukuba!! Thanks a lot!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

HornetMaX

Looks great !
Last pic, the asphalt looks a bit too shiny/reflective for my taste (but in the other pics it looks excellent).

Can't have a look at the timing issues, will do as soon as I'm back home (monday).

MaX.

SA_22

I've followed PiBoSo Track creation rules, you can find shaders section here: link

yea followered that step by step and they will not show... could you post up the shd and anything that might help me sort it out? :D

its not making the normal and spec thats the problem, its getting them to show up in game

sun_position
{
x = -80
y = 100
z = -80
}
[/b]

when you exported the track did you export with these numbers or something else?

no matter what i've used for both sets of number the z axis always seems to be flipped for the rider and track

As I've said above, I've just followed the PiBoSo Track creation rules. Here is the naming section: link. TRK objects are shadow receiver and WLL objects are shadow caster and receiver.

yeah all of that is done but there isn't a shadow to be seen..  are you using the plugin or the fbx? fbx exporter crashes for me with the shadow maps ticked... does it need a second uv channel or something?

sorry for hijacking alil, just trying to get my head around these tools! :D

BerScott

Quote from: SA_22 on April 18, 2014, 12:26:45 PMyea followered that step by step and they will not show... could you post up the shd and anything that might help me sort it out? :D

its not making the normal and spec thats the problem, its getting them to show up in game
I've done exactly the same as specified in the guide. Just make sure to name the *.shd file with the same name as the texture file. If the texture file is called "texture.tga", just name the *.shd like it "texture.shd". If it is not working check your graphic options.

Quote from: SA_22 on April 18, 2014, 12:26:45 PMwhen you exported the track did you export with these numbers or something else?
no matter what i've used for both sets of number the z axis always seems to be flipped for the rider and track
These values goes to the *.amb file, open it with a note pad.

Quote from: SA_22 on April 18, 2014, 12:26:45 PMyeah all of that is done but there isn't a shadow to be seen..  are you using the plugin or the fbx? fbx exporter crashes for me with the shadow maps ticked... does it need a second uv channel or something?
Just make sure in 3DS Max that all the objects have the specified prefix, no second uv channel needed. I've used 3DS Max only, track is from rFactor.

If shaders and shadows are not working seems that it could be a problem of your settings. Does it happens with other circuits? if yes you should make a post in the support section.

SA_22

if there's only one way to change the light... how is the rider and track lighting flipped on tsukuba as well?

yeah all the naming is correct shd. was copy and pasted with names changed.... still nothing

all prefix correct on the track

they show up on tracks that have them.....

BerScott

@SA_22 About the shadows. Do you check shadowmaps before importing with 3DS Max? Take a look here:

BTW, I've solved the envmap issues. Seems that bump+envmap isn't working, so I've needed to remove the bump references from the shd file.