• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 06:27:30 PM

MotoGP14

Started by HornetMaX, May 24, 2014, 01:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

Quote from: rc211v on May 27, 2014, 07:30:36 AM
Quote from: Klax75 on May 26, 2014, 11:50:27 PM
QuoteIn many ways I would like to see Milestone lose their licence with DORNA and for someone else to be given the opportunity of making a video game worthy of the sport of motogp. Someone like PiBoSo.

I don't mind Milestone it serves a purpose do I find it realistic no. Do I like GP Bikes better yes of course!

At the same time I love GP Bikes and play daily. I wouldn't want Dorna to be part of GP Bikes. Because then it would just be a MotoGP game, which I do love the series. At the same time we wouldn't have the modding community we have. Since everything would have to go through Dorna to Ok first. I would rather have Piboso work on our favorite racing sim, and the community work on the tracks, bikes and series we want to race and compete in. :D

A simulation you should have to learn to use to get good at it. Even if it takes months or even years. A game is about setting a world record 2 days after you got it.

Kind of reminds me of the old Chris Rock joke, when people have a piece of sh*t car, but they got expensive rim's and there spin'in!

You'd really rather have the community do the tracks and bikes instead of professionals? I'm all for modding but it should be supplementary. Obviously this is an indie game so I don't ask for or expect the one/two developers to do all the work but in an ideal situation, a team of professional artists and programmers would make the game x10 better, assuming they have the right ideas.

GP Bikes has 4 official Bikes, 1 official track. Just saying. I'd rather have hundreds of each, then only being able to have a limited number of licensed tracks and bikes that parent company gets to choose from.

HornetMaX

Quote from: rc211v on May 27, 2014, 07:30:36 AM
You'd really rather have the community do the tracks and bikes instead of professionals? I'm all for modding but it should be supplementary. Obviously this is an indie game so I don't ask for or expect the one/two developers to do all the work but in an ideal situation, a team of professional artists and programmers would make the game x10 better, assuming they have the right ideas.
I understand your point of view and partially share it, but from what I've seen, our amateur modders here are not that far from pro level (and some are clearly on par).

MaX.

girlracerTracey

Hi Klaz & Bob, I guess I agree with you both if I am honest.

I for one would think it absolutely tragic if gpbikes slowed or ceased in development because PiBoSo's talents were diverted to a large commercial venture outside of gpbikes. I know exactly what you are saying and I agree with you.. I think everyone wants to see gpbikes evolve fully as an "underground" project without interference from the crazy quick fix world of the modern gaming industry. I think that's a given.  :)

However,  I think that it is possible that PiBoSo's talents may, from time to time, be called upon elsewhere. I am surmising obviously. PiBoSo himself is the only one who can truly answer this but because of his skills and foresight I can see him being in demand in a consultancy role on something like motogp. Whether he might want to fulfill that role is of course his business and no one else's. But there is no denying PiBoSo has a talent that seems to be missing conspicuously from the mainstream world of motorcycle racing game development.

So really what I was thinking of was a consultancy role in motogp not a DORNA takeover of gpbikes, which I agree would defeat the whole raison d'ĂȘtre of gpbikes. Which would be a tragedy for the gpbikes community of that I am certain. 

But hey, I'm just thinking aloud..

One thing I would say is that I admire the work of PiBoSo and his development team immensely.  :)

Milestone in my opinion though need a rocket up their posterior! I fully accept the modern world of game development is a crazy world based upon "quick fixes" and deadlines and a new project every 6 months but..

Milestone desperately need to employ a multilingual P.R. team and start listening and talking to people. "People" as in the members of the gaming community that play their game regularly, in many cases on a daily basis. There were myriad faults with motogp13 particularly with regard to the online aspect. We told Milestone about all these faults and they brushed us aside and ignored us. So for me I am an ex-fan of Milestone. I will never again be a fan. I think more and more people amongst the gaming community have come to the same conclusion.. Moreover it's not as though their motogp game is that good in terms of its physics engine. So I am personally at a bit of a loss as to where Milestone's assumption comes from that the community fan-base for the game will stick with Milestone's games come what may. It is a mentality born of assumption. If motogp14 is no better than motogp13, and is riddled with the same faults as motogp13, DORNA licence or no DORNA licence I think people will walk. Just like I have..

At the end of the day if communication becomes a one-way street with the public to the degree that it has on motogp what should any game developer expect?  ;)

grT

HornetMaX

grT, you've a romatic view of the game industry.

Despite the fact gamers are the one the companies make money on, companies just don't care too much about what you want and, most important, they just don't care at all at what you want after you've purchased the game. Getting the MotoGp license automagically grants Milestone some revenue. Because gamers are somehow dumb. Why in hell would one want to pay 30-40-50Euro for game XYZ 2103 and then pay the same amount for a mostly identical game next year ?

Improving a game that next year is gonna be replaced by a new version does not make any commercial sense.

With piboso the situation is much better from this point of view, because what drives his work is passion as much as (if not even more) economical return.

MaX.

rc211v

May 27, 2014, 10:41:17 AM #64 Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 10:44:01 AM by rc211v
Quote from: Klax75 on May 27, 2014, 08:12:53 AM

GP Bikes has 4 official Bikes, 1 official track. Just saying. I'd rather have hundreds of each, then only being able to have a limited number of licensed tracks and bikes that parent company gets to choose from.

I'm not sure I completely understand your point but it seems like you're assuming modding and proper development are mutually exclusive, which they absolutely don't have to be. Imagine having a bunch of full-time artists and developers creating the MotoGP tracks and bikes and then letting modders do what they like afterwards. Something akin to Skyrim and its modding community. The issue is that this sort of sim is not as popular as it needs to be to warrant such funding and attention, though perhaps a kickstarter/crowdfunding could help in proving that there is such a market.

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 27, 2014, 09:45:12 AM
I understand your point of view and partially share it, but from what I've seen, our amateur modders here are not that far from pro level (and some are clearly on par).

MaX.

I agree and I'm not downplaying the talents of the modding community but there is certainly a limit to what can be done without the finances, proper dev tools and man power.

girlracerTracey

May 27, 2014, 11:13:24 AM #65 Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:15:04 AM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: HornetMaX on May 27, 2014, 10:20:22 AM
grT, you've a romatic view of the game industry.

I agree that I have a romantic view of what the games industry should be like.. ;D

No I suffer no illusion about what is going on..which is why I am now over here with the gpbikes' community.

I have had quite long discussions with WALK3N on our xbox forum about all this and where the games industry has/is heading.

However, even in the context of the modern day games industry there is no excuse for treating paying customers with absolute disdain. Which is what Milestone are doing.. I didn't expect miracles but I did expect some communication from Milestone even at the most basic level. I/we didn't get that.

Anyway, enough about Milestone already.. ;D

I think the indie game concept of gpbikes is where the future lies. I think the whole concept of gpbikes is a very welcome breath of fresh air for all of the right reasons.

grT  :)

Vini

I fully agree with you, rc211v.
A complete, highly detailed MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 track and bike set would be amazing.
But apart from converting everything from the MotoGP games (which Milestone probably wouldn't approve :D), there is no way of doing it with our current resources.

JamoZ

HornetMaX

But I'm sure you can powerslide at will :)

MaX.

JamoZ

I`m sure it wil slide as soon as you look at the bike funny. Of course it will be easier when you`re doing 200 mp/h while braking into the grass and bumping into 3 other riders. This is the way you should play this game and requires such cunning racing skills it`s actually beyond believe and we can only respect the people who play MotoGP 14.

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on June 19, 2014, 08:03:42 PM
I`m sure it wil slide as soon as you look at the bike funny. Of course it will be easier when you`re doing 200 mp/h while braking into the grass and bumping into 3 other riders. This is the way you should play this game and requires such cunning racing skills it`s actually beyond believe and we can only respect the people who play MotoGP 14.

Say that on the motogp 14 forum, if you're a real man  :)

MaX.

P.S.
Is that Amsterdam ?

BOBR6 84

I have bought this for the xbox... Doh!!  ::)

Just a giggle online nothing more lol

They cant and should'nt be compared..

Gpbikes is where its at!! Boom!!!

Main reason I bought it.. This year there is a penalty system! Which is much needed in xbox land!

JamoZ

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 19, 2014, 08:20:53 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on June 19, 2014, 08:03:42 PM

Say that on the motogp 14 forum, if you're a real man  :)

MaX.

P.S.
Is that Amsterdam ?

No, definatly not. Amsterdam is already dangerous enough on 2 wheels without this...

HornetMaX

The page said Netherlands, so it must be amsterdam, there's nothing else there :)

MaX.

P.S.
I'm teasing, I've already been to exciting places like Ijmuiden and Noordwiijk :)

JamoZ

Wow, can you tell me more about those places? It sounds amazing! I bet Amsterdam is pretty dull compared to Noordwijk, maybe i should book my next holiday there...