• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 06:17:48 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[BIKE] KTM RC8R *PHYSICS UPDATE*

Started by camillozockt, July 25, 2014, 04:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

August 03, 2014, 12:14:56 AM #45 Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:23:27 AM by vin97
I love this bike even though I have to vomit when I see the front fairing (the cockpit looks very good though) :D

It feels really really great, the corner speed is nice and the power is perfect. Somehow you have even managed to get rid of the wobble issues.

You can close your lines very nicely if you let the rear step out a bit:
http://www.youtube.com/v/AO_LReTFjnc

In my opinion this should become the new standard physics for all 1000cc bikes (maybe just a little bit more power and less engine brake for the four cylinder bikes).

girlracerTracey

Have you noticed Vin it's not snapping back and over-correcting itself at the end of the slide? That for me is more realistic of real life. Provided you come off the throttle carefully..

I think this is very interesting indeed if I am honest. I personally think Rodney needs to delve into this more deeply and experiment with it. It just feels "right" to me. So far at least.

grT

Vini

Yes, this kind of controlled powerslide was very hard to achieve with other bikes and almost impossible before beta5.

Vini

I think this bike just stopped me from quitting GP Bikes.
It's so amazing.

Rodney please take this physics file and adapt it to the four cylinder bikes, this is just amazing. We don't even need a beta6 now (unless the core.exe crashes will be fixed  ::)).

rodney007

August 03, 2014, 12:43:33 AM #49 Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:53:12 AM by rodney007
Quote from: vin97 on August 03, 2014, 12:35:48 AM
Yes, this kind of controlled powerslide was very hard to achieve with other bikes and almost impossible before beta5.

Thats because the other bikes have little changed between them, 4B was actually where we found out how to do this and still feels better than 5B.

Guys... We actually made a full set of differing physics for the RC8 that I am sure 90% of you will REALLY like, we limited only a few changes to the release as we thought it will be too different for alot of players.

Now seeing that you are enjoying these physics changes to the bike Camillo and I are preparing the patch to fully implement the bikes physics into the game. The changes are subtle but effect almost every variable of the bike and offers a 100% new riding feel. Stay tuned as this should be ready within 24 hours.

Quote from: vin97 on August 03, 2014, 12:41:33 AM
I think this bike just stopped me from quitting GP Bikes.
It's so amazing.

Rodney please take this physics file and adapt it to the four cylinder bikes, this is just amazing. We don't even need a beta6 now (unless the core.exe crashes will be fixed  ::)).

There are few changes that I can implement which will fix the issues with 5B however the big issue is as you mention "cores".

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 02, 2014, 11:10:51 PM
Quote from: rodney007 on August 02, 2014, 09:32:44 PM
Or feel free to suggest changes to the physics in order for it to be more real from your experience riding motorbikes in real life.
I would have one or two (even if unrelated to the experience in riding in real life): the change you introduced on the tire model (the thing you call "the rear suspension/throttle steering change which we had found") sounds technically very very suspect.

Also, just diffing some files I stumbled on this: your rc8 has a 17deg-20deg rake angle. That sounds utterly tiny for a street bike. Actually, 17deg is tiny for any bike if I recall correctly. Google seems to think the rc8 real rake angle is 23.3deg. That's a hell of a difference.

MaX.

P.S.
Can't try it yet, but the 3d seems pretty good to me from the pics.

Going off the paper work doesn't help. This game is only real to a certain point. "breaking the rules" is needed in order to have the right feel. Visually and handling wise the Rake is correct,
we spent alot of time changing this despite what the geom file tells you
. Anything I change to you is "suspect". because you look at numbers and I go by feel.

Vini

Who cares if the values are realistic, if the game engine is not realistic we need to use fake data.

I am really looking forward to the new RC8 physics file.

Currently I am struggling with the engine braking a little bit but that is probably just due to the big V2 engine. That's why I suggested you create a physics file for the four cylinders bikes: You could turn the engine braking down and increase the power on these files and keep the rest the same.

Vini

rodney007

girlracerTracey

Rodney, as an experiment can you please, if you have time, do something similar on the 500cc 2 strokes? Pretty please?

grT  ;)

Vini

Of course I want to test the new RC8 physics file you were talking about but I actually think that the rear wheel steering is perfect how it is now. If you increase it even more it will be too arcardy.
http://www.youtube.com/v/o8fWXpZIClk

...Can comebody please start a server with the RC8 installed? I really want to do some races with this bike.

rodney007

Quote from: vin97 on August 03, 2014, 02:22:50 AM
Of course I want to test the new RC8 physics file you were talking about but I actually think that the rear wheel steering is perfect how it is now. If you increase it even more it will be too arcardy.

...Can comebody please start a server with the RC8 installed? I really want to do some races with this bike.

The changes are in relation to the bikes feeling and response overall, the feedback in which the front-end and rear give. The rear tire effect is basically the same with only wear patterns
changed.

Vini

Klax75

Quote from: vin97 on August 03, 2014, 02:22:50 AM

Any server running Bike MOD 1.95 would have the RC8R on it.

Klax75

August 03, 2014, 04:43:49 AM #58 Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 08:17:14 AM by Klax75
I like the RC8R, I wanted this bike for a while. it's actually a bookmark of the real one on my web browser tool bar. lol http://www.ktm.com/supersport/1190-rc8-r-eu/highlights.html#.U3QTjyi9bzA

DST it feels slightly different, the tires slide a little more. But the tires slide without the virtual rider with default physics too. Since if you hit the gas to hard the back end will come around. This has less of a snap to it the the 990 based bikes. The violent wobble I can't really comment on. I am 90% sure it has to do with the virtual rider calculations. Since with DST it has never really been there in Beta 5b for me.

(Also posted on DST Thread) DST Practice, first time riding the KTM RC8R at Mallory Park 1978.

DST Mallory Park 1978 KTM RC8R:

http://www.youtube.com/v/ZwEceb8dU7w

On a side not I notice in some angles the front of the bike seems like it's in shadow when the light source shouldn't be making a shadow then.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Klax75 on August 03, 2014, 04:43:49 AM
I like the RC8R, I wanted this bike for a while. it's actually a bookmark of the real one on my web browser tool bar. lol http://www.ktm.com/supersport/1190-rc8-r-eu/highlights.html#.U3QTjyi9bzA

DST it feels slightly different, the tires slide a little more. But the tires slide without the virtual rider with default physics too. Since if you hit the gas to hard the back end will come around. This has less of a snap to it the the 990 based bikes. The violent wobble I can't really comment on. I am 90% sure it has to do with the virtual rider calculations. Since with DST it has never really been there in Beta 5b for me.

(Also posted on DST Thread) DST Practice, first time riding the KTM RC8R at Mallory Park 1978.

DST Mallory Park 1978 KTM RC8R:

http://www.youtube.com/v/ZwEceb8dU7w

On a side not I notice in some angles the front of the bike seems like it's in shadow when the light source should be making a shadow then.

nice klax! looks like your enjoying that mate  ;)

so does it feel good with dst?