• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 01:40:47 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MotoGP14

Started by HornetMaX, May 24, 2014, 01:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 26, 2014, 11:57:14 AM
Quote from: girlracerTracey on May 26, 2014, 11:48:28 AM
So this is why I am personally so happy to now be with you guys in the gpbikes community. You have a very skilled development team who communicate with the gpbikes community. Rather than ignore them..which is cool!  :)
Very skilled, yes.

Communicate with the community ... hmm ... let's say you'll see by yourself how it works here.

MaX.

Communication was so amazing, that magically a whole forum disappeared overnight. I think the Internet just couldn't handle that advanced form of communication. Oops, did i say that out loud?  :-X

girlracerTracey

May 26, 2014, 01:05:26 PM #46 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:22:48 PM by girlracerTracey
I am not really qualified to comment as a "newbie" but at least you guys can enjoy a two-way conversation..which is more than we ever achieved with Milestone on motogp13.  ;)

My novice's reading of the situation is that the gpbike's development team are aware of the problems with the core.exe and lack of stability online and are working to rectify them..it may be a while though.

This in itself inspires me with some confidence for the future. On motogp13 Milestone didn't acknowledge really that there were any problems with the game..and I assure you there were so many problems I would not bore you all by listing them all here!

Easy for me to say but I think the patience of the gpbike's community will eventually be fully rewarded. If the development team could fix the core.exe in the meantime together whilst improving online stability then as far as I can see the community can then get on with racing online properly and organising leagues. Which may take a while but will be fantastic when this comes.. ;)

To be fair to do things properly it does take time..

Right..as a "newbie" I had better shut-up now!  ;D

grT

HornetMaX

Quote from: girlracerTracey on May 26, 2014, 01:05:26 PM
I am not really qualified to comment as a "newbie" but at least you guys can enjoy a two-way conversation..
Hmm ... have to repeat myself: let's say you'll see by yourself how it works here. :)

MaX.

rc211v

Well the graphics in that Moto3 video aren't as impressive as the other trailers seem to suggest. Disappointing.

girlracerTracey

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 26, 2014, 01:55:35 PM
Hmm ... have to repeat myself: let's say you'll see by yourself how it works here. :)
MaX.

I hear what you're saying Max. I guess as a newcomer I am naturally optimistic about things..

I have come from a very frustrating situation on motogp13 to a new and more promising "home".  You'll have to excuse me as I am still very much an excited young puppy with a waggly tail and I keep rushing to the front door when I hear the bell in the hope I can chase the postman down the street once again..

grT  ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: girlracerTracey on May 26, 2014, 04:07:24 PM
I hear what you're saying Max. I guess as a newcomer I am naturally optimistic about things..
No big deal, time will sort this out.

But even if the comm lacks, the product is still lightyears better, so can't complaint too much.

MaX.

LOOPATELI

I've also been playing Motogp games on Xbox360 since motogp08. Every release was a disappointment, cause all gammers we want a more realistic sim and not only about graphics. This winter I found this game and it was like a new world for me! this was what I was looking for!
Anyway I think I'll also buy and continue playing to mgp14, cause i got lot of friends there. and because I love motogp no matter the game!
So if someone is going to play mgp 14 on xbox i'll be there too :)

BOBR6 84

May 26, 2014, 05:10:45 PM #52 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 05:25:06 PM by BOBR6 84
Quote from: LOOPATELI on May 26, 2014, 04:42:41 PM
I've also been playing Motogp games on Xbox360 since motogp08. Every release was a disappointment, cause all gammers we want a more realistic sim and not only about graphics. This winter I found this game and it was like a new world for me! this was what I was looking for!
Anyway I think I'll also buy and continue playing to mgp14, cause i got lot of friends there. and because I love motogp no matter the game!
So if someone is going to play mgp 14 on xbox i'll be there too :)

yes!
physics aside.. iv had some amazing battles on the xbox over the years.. even with loopatelli! iv also had some lap records on xbox with the sbk series  ;)
if gp14 is the same as 13.. i wont buy. but if the online is improved i will buy and race now and again!

i gotta say though.. gpbikes has me hooked!!! looking to spend more time on my pc and on gpbikes from now on ;)

i bought a gaming pc at the beginnig of the year mainly so i could play gpbikes lol.. crazy right? lol luckily i wasnt dissapointed  8) blown away in fact  :o

Vini

May 26, 2014, 09:58:02 PM #53 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:08:34 PM by RiccoChicco
I have to defend Milestone, in september I sent them a long email suggesting a few things (including a 500cc mode DLC) and they replied within a week:
QuoteDear Vincent,

Thanks for your message and nice words - we appreciate!
We will take into account your considerations for the future and see what can be done to improve our products.

Best regards,
Milestone Customer Support

BTW, I also played MotoGP 13 for a couple of months and after playing GP Bikes, I think the same way about it now as you do.
I mean, just look at this sh*t:
https://www.youtube.com/v/809ZJUkXXgc

Anyway, apart from the stability problems, there are a few small things that could make GP Bikes perfect like a better sound engine or a fix for the random lowsides on bumpy tracks.

RiccoChicco

@vin97 : I edited your message to get the video showing directly on the forum. Please be careful next time  :P

Vini

girlracerTracey

May 26, 2014, 10:32:45 PM #56 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:35:43 PM by girlracerTracey
Hi Vincent,

Don't get me started on Milestone!  ;)

Yes that's the standard worded pro-forma response that sometimes Milestone's P.R. department send out to people. It's nothing more than a pro-forma response that if they can be bothered to respond they will send out time and time and time again..

In all the time we have been trying to deal with Milestone they have never properly addressed one specific point or request we have made to them. And I mean never. I would say that 90% of the time Milestone just don't bother responding at all..

We have a website on xbox which is pretty much dedicated to motogp by Milestone. We went to huge, huge lengths to open a sensible and decent dialogue with Milestone on everything from a questions and answers exercise to bug reports & suggested fixes in their game (and boy was there a list of faults with motogp13!), to suggestions for improvements and a genuine offer of help to assist them in beta testing their next release motogp14.

We made a huge, huge effort. Believe me. Milestone initially acknowledged our existence with pro-forma style letters of response and then proceeded to conspicuously ignore us..

I have absolutely had it with Milestone if I am honest. If motogp14 is any good I will play it for fun but in terms of engaging with Milestone they can go and fly a kite as far as I'm concerned. In terms of P.R. and interaction with the gaming community Milestone do not have the slightest clue. Not a clue. The level of arrogance and neglect that Milestone shows for the gaming community is in my honest opinion breathtaking.

Go and have a look at their facebook page for verification as to what I'm talking about "motogp14 the videogame" on facebook. The conversation is so one sided it redefines the meaning of the term "one-sided"!

In many ways I would like to see Milestone lose their licence with DORNA and for someone else to be given the opportunity of making a video game worthy of the sport of motogp. Someone like PiBoSo.  ;)

grT

Klax75

QuoteIn many ways I would like to see Milestone lose their licence with DORNA and for someone else to be given the opportunity of making a video game worthy of the sport of motogp. Someone like PiBoSo.

I don't mind Milestone it serves a purpose do I find it realistic no. Do I like GP Bikes better yes of course!

At the same time I love GP Bikes and play daily. I wouldn't want Dorna to be part of GP Bikes. Because then it would just be a MotoGP game, which I do love the series. At the same time we wouldn't have the modding community we have. Since everything would have to go through Dorna to Ok first. I would rather have Piboso work on our favorite racing sim, and the community work on the tracks, bikes and series we want to race and compete in. :D

A simulation you should have to learn to use to get good at it. Even if it takes months or even years. A game is about setting a world record 2 days after you got it.

Kind of reminds me of the old Chris Rock joke, when people have a piece of sh*t car, but they got expensive rim's and there spin'in!

BOBR6 84

May 27, 2014, 12:53:40 AM #58 Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:00:50 AM by BOBR6 84
Lol yeah.. First bike ''game'' I ever played online against others was SBK X then SBK11, SBK Generations, then motogp13..

Played the sh!t out of the sbks and did alright on them, but it gets boring.. Obviously im a bike fan
So I decided to try gpbikes.. Propper sim! Its tough yes but its an enjoyable learning curve on and offline! Just doing some laps on my own in testing gives me what I wanted from a bike sim.

If I go back to playing motogp now it just feels too easy and a bit lame to be honest.. Xbox good for ''pick up and play'' but I want more of a challenge.. The ''only'' thing challenging on xbox bike racers is trying to beat other players..

I agree I hope dorna gets nowhere near gpbikes.. Sure would be great if piboso had input on other games/sims though..

rc211v

Quote from: Klax75 on May 26, 2014, 11:50:27 PM
QuoteIn many ways I would like to see Milestone lose their licence with DORNA and for someone else to be given the opportunity of making a video game worthy of the sport of motogp. Someone like PiBoSo.

I don't mind Milestone it serves a purpose do I find it realistic no. Do I like GP Bikes better yes of course!

At the same time I love GP Bikes and play daily. I wouldn't want Dorna to be part of GP Bikes. Because then it would just be a MotoGP game, which I do love the series. At the same time we wouldn't have the modding community we have. Since everything would have to go through Dorna to Ok first. I would rather have Piboso work on our favorite racing sim, and the community work on the tracks, bikes and series we want to race and compete in. :D

A simulation you should have to learn to use to get good at it. Even if it takes months or even years. A game is about setting a world record 2 days after you got it.

Kind of reminds me of the old Chris Rock joke, when people have a piece of sh*t car, but they got expensive rim's and there spin'in!

You'd really rather have the community do the tracks and bikes instead of professionals? I'm all for modding but it should be supplementary. Obviously this is an indie game so I don't ask for or expect the one/two developers to do all the work but in an ideal situation, a team of professional artists and programmers would make the game x10 better, assuming they have the right ideas.