• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 10:48:56 PM

MotoGP14

Started by HornetMaX, May 24, 2014, 01:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girlracerTracey

Oh dear. And the graphics on motogp13 on xbox 360 were pretty average really weren't they?

Oh well I am happy getting my "arcade" fix if that's the right word on motogp14 on PS4 and my "sim" fix on gpbikes. You know which I prefer. That's why we're all here..

grT

WALKEN

Consolized!

Remember the song- video killed the radio star     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8h5OEivJdA     well, consoles killed the pc game!

If I kick this dead horse any longer my foot will fall off in the horse... Its like anything else that gains popularity, it soon becomes watered down for the general masses...

Like Jello Biafra said "give me convenience or give me death"  Insight is all but lost-     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqXjcjo0N4M

years ago it was ported to console from pc, now its ported from console to pc, ass backwards!
Help me, help you!

HornetMaX

Quote from: WALKEN on June 22, 2014, 04:18:06 PM
years ago it was ported to console from pc, now its ported from console to pc, ass backwards!
Consider you lucky, in the future it may not even be ported to PCs ...

MaX.

WALKEN

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 22, 2014, 04:24:11 PM
Quote from: WALKEN on June 22, 2014, 04:18:06 PM
Consider you lucky, in the future it may not even be ported to PCs ...

MaX.

Lucky, lol.... I am lucky to have GPBikes as an option, :)   Now if I can get it working native in Linux I'll be even happier. If I've said it once I've said it a million times, traditional gaming as we use to know it will head to Linux and openGL. Gabe Newell has the right idea to some degree.

If Piboso was offered a publisher then the beginning of the end would soon arise for the evolution of GPBikes from an environment of insight, on to what appeals to the idiot console crowd....

There are 3 ways to approach this as a developer-

Milk the current console market with tiny upgrades over years time.

Better yet, go indie and develop mobile games and gain profits 100%

Or stay traditional as GPBikes is right now and count on a small fan base to keep development moving forward to make a master piece to be proud of!     
Help me, help you!

HornetMaX

I meant lucky for other games, surely not for the MotoGP ones :)

MaX.

girlracerTracey

June 22, 2014, 06:02:34 PM #95 Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 06:20:54 PM by girlracerTracey
I agree with most if not all of what you are saying WALK3N and Max.

Unfortunately it's a mad, mad, mad, mad world and the prime motivator for everything out there is profit. Profit is king. That's sadly just the way it is and the games industry is a huge multi-billion dollar industry now. There's no turning the clock back.

The heyday for gaming development my father always told me was the turn of the century. There were some great game developers and some great games. Then the consoles took over..

It's just the way it is now.

Games are rushed out and not properly beta tested or finished. It's not just Milestone. There's a whole crowd of developers large and small doing the same type of thing. Game developers like Milestone are not interested in a dialogue or a conversation with us the punters. We're second class citizens us lot. Why should they bother with us? We only buy their games..they haven't time or the interest for a conversation. We get what we are given. As long as their accountants are happy that's all that counts. Me bitter? No. Just pragmatic. It's the way of the gaming world now. It's the way of the world full stop arguably. We the buying public are nothing more than veritable pions. We are nothing. We only exist as willing and brainwashed drones to buy the next overpriced and over-hyped game release. Which we know is probably going to be utter pants anyway.. Yet addicted they camp out on the freezing pavements overnight to be first in the queue to pay £50 at your local game store for "Die fighting with your machine gun! (5)" Special launch Edition with a free sticker pack and an add-on "Death Paratrooper" dlc that should have been in the flippin' game anyway..

I agree in many, many ways the only way to keep gpbikes pure and honourable in its aim as a motorcycle racing sim is arguably to keep it as an indie game. And huge, huge credit to PiBoSo for his integrity and purity of purpose in what he has achieved and what he continues to achieve with the only "living" motorcycle racing simulation on the planet.

Without him and his team frankly where would we all be? Playing gp500 or SBK2001?

Having said that as a console mainstream game to my pleasant surprise motogp14 on the PS4 is a huge amount of fun to race online. But obviously it is not a "simulation". It's a game. Compared to the rubbish that went before, including motogp13, it's actually rather good. For what it is.. ;)

I blame the world not Milestone..the world has gone to hell in a hand cart really hasn't it?

Three cheers for PiBoSo I say!  ;)

grT

JamoZ

This.game.must.be.a.joke.

Uninstalled after 5 minutes...

BOBR6 84

Quote from: JamoZ on June 22, 2014, 09:01:00 PM
This.game.must.be.a.joke.

Uninstalled after 5 minutes...

Thats begging for a giff reply.. Dont know where to find them tho..  :(

It reminds me of a jetski once again..

Moto2 class is playable for me tho. More Wheels in line planted feel but still not gravey at all.

BOBR6 84

I look at it like this...

If I was 12yrs old again motogp14 would be absolutely amazing!! But.. Im not, im 29.

Thats the trouble with gaming, I get older and move on.. The games dont move on with me.. They're still aimed at the younger generation. ££$$

Thats why im loving gpbikes!

No kids here..

guigui404

I've a V-SYNC problem on this F*CKING game , i don't know if it's just for me , i've put v-sync at full but always problem ...
say me if you've the same problem

Hawk

June 23, 2014, 08:21:30 AM #100 Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 08:28:31 AM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 22, 2014, 06:02:34 PM

Unfortunately it's a mad, mad, mad, mad world and the prime motivator for everything out there is profit. Profit is king. That's sadly just the way it is and the games industry is a huge multi-billion dollar industry now. There's no turning the clock back.

The heyday for gaming development my father always told me was the turn of the century. There were some great game developers and some great games. Then the consoles took over..

It's just the way it is now.
grT

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement Tracey.

In my opinion, people have been duped into thinking that PS's/Xbox's are a must have accessory if your a real gamer, same as iphones have become a must have accessory and status symbol(again people being pulled in by the media machine solely designed to make big bucks.).
The PC is by far the better platform for games/graphics(depending on your specs/graphics card). Even the major developers admit this is so, but they have to go with the current market masses which unfortunately(because of media spin) is either the PS or Xbox.  :(
This trend will eventually and inevitably end with PC's and PC parts and peripherals costing so much money(because of lesser sales) that only businesses or the wealthy will be able to justify the cost of purchasing one.
Seems the media know very well how to brainwash the public in buying whatever they want us to buy in the name of making big money, unfortunately in this case PC gamers will suffer badly in the end for this. We are already seeing PC game prices rising to equal or near equal to the extortionate prices of console games. We also see exclusivity deals with game development houses purely designed to boost sales of consoles. This is very bad for the whole games industry.

Mark my words... PC's for gamers will be dead in the next 10-20 years. Then the big two(Sony/Microsoft) will have us exactly were they want us, and we'll all have to make do with crappy media hyped games.  :( :'(

Hawk.

PS: Having now experienced GPB, I seriously wouldn't insult my PC by installing MotoGP14 on it.  :P

BOBR6 84

June 23, 2014, 08:49:11 AM #101 Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:44:34 AM by BOBR6 84
Amen..  :)

Iv always played on consoles.. Sega master system, mega drive, ps1,2. Xbox 360.. Finally bought myself a gaming pc end of last year!

Pc gaming really is much better! Clear to see now.

Il be honest I dont find using a pc easy.. Im enjoying the learning curve though.. Its worth it for all the extra things a pc can do compared to a console.

Big thing for me is being able to record gameplay with a press of a button..

Also modding! I cant do it but there is some brilliant mods to appriciate! Some if not most are better than what a whole company of game developers can do lol

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 23, 2014, 08:49:11 AM
Amen..  :)

Iv always played on consoles.. Sega master system, mega drive, ps1,2. Xbox 360.. Finally bought myself a gaming pc end of last year!

Pc gaming really is much better! Clear to see now.

Il be honest I dont find using a pc easy.. Im enjoying the learning curve though.. Its worth it for all the extra things a pc can do compared to a console.

Big thing for me is being able to record gameplay with a press of a button..

Also modding! I cant do it but there is some brilliant mods to appriciate! Some if not most are better than what a whole company of game developers can do lol

+1 mate!  ;)

Hawk.

guigui404

Ok pc is better for graphism ( i've a pc gamer too ) but i really prefer to launch my ps3 and just launch the game withtout setup to make or error
thats the good point of console ;)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: guigui404 on June 23, 2014, 12:58:49 PM
Ok pc is better for graphism ( i've a pc gamer too ) but i really prefer to launch my ps3 and just launch the game withtout setup to make or error
thats the good point of console ;)

Yes me too! But xbox for me..

Im a big Trials game fan. Trials hd. Trials evolution. Great on xbox!

For simulation games its pc all the way!