• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 12:16:02 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MotoGP14

Started by HornetMaX, May 24, 2014, 01:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WALKEN

Quote from: girlracerTracey on July 17, 2014, 08:12:25 AM
I'm glad you guys are having some fun on motogp14 on PS4. If you want to add me my gamer tage is " girlracerTraceyx "

By way of endorsement that motogp14 is fun to play I am organising a few online leagues on the game and we have an ex real life moto2 world championship rider racing with us..so there you go I guess. He thinks it's good fun too!

To be honest though what I really want to do is to organise online leagues on gpbikes. That really would be epic. I will do this as soon as it is reliably possible to do this on gpbikes. You just try stopping me!  ;)

grT

Not sure if I would call him a "champion" lol       http://www.motogp.com/en/riders/Mashel+Al+Naimi
Help me, help you!

girlracerTracey

Quote from: WALKEN on July 17, 2014, 02:15:30 PM
Quote from: girlracerTracey on July 17, 2014, 08:12:25 AM
I'm glad you guys are having some fun on motogp14 on PS4. If you want to add me my gamer tage is " girlracerTraceyx "

By way of endorsement that motogp14 is fun to play I am organising a few online leagues on the game and we have an ex real life moto2 world championship rider racing with us..so there you go I guess. He thinks it's good fun too!

To be honest though what I really want to do is to organise online leagues on gpbikes. That really would be epic. I will do this as soon as it is reliably possible to do this on gpbikes. You just try stopping me!  ;)

grT

Not sure if I would call him a "champion" lol       http://www.motogp.com/en/riders/Mashel+Al+Naimi

I didn't. I said he was a real life moto2 world championship racer. Which he was. He has finished 24th out of 40 at world championship level. That's good enough for me.  ;)

WALKEN

Well if he is going to join the world of online racing he needs to step his game up, lol :)
Help me, help you!

girlracerTracey

Quote from: WALKEN on July 17, 2014, 02:45:28 PM
Well if he is going to join the world of online racing he needs to step his game up, lol :)

He's pretty quick straight off to be honest..on the leaderboards on PS4 on moto2 at Austin he is second on the list.  If you discount the glitched times. I can't get anywhere near to his time..  ;D

He just turns the console on and does it for fun. With his mates. He even slows down and let's me catch up again.. ;)

He's a good guy. I hope I can interest him in gpbikes. He'd make a good tester for the moto2 bikes and for the superbikes I think..

grT  :)

girlracerTracey

P.S. by coincidence I just heard from Mashel and he says he will soon try out gpbikes..

I'll tell him about beta 5b and maybe advise him to try out both beta 5b and what was the most up to date beta 4 version. To get an overall feel for the game.

One more recruit to the cause hopefully. I'm sure he'll like it.  ;)

grT   

Klax75

July 17, 2014, 04:26:03 PM #140 Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:39:01 PM by Klax75
I have MotoGP 14 for PC. Since in the U.S. they don't sell either 13 or 14 here. So have them both on the computer. I'm having a hard time playing it because I like DST to much. And this feels so much like a game now. :/

Little confused girlracerTracey when you first got her you went a length how crappy Milestone was to there people, that they don't talk to them and so on. Yet now your back on board with them again so it cancels out what you said before.

Piboso here people went to lynch him or something. lol. Yet he isn't putting out the same game with minor changes every year. Not charging you full price for each beta. lol

Just my thoughts. ;)

girlracerTracey

July 17, 2014, 05:20:33 PM #141 Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:22:37 PM by girlracerTracey
Hi Klax. Despite appearances my view of Milestone hasn't changed at all.

I am as distrusting of Milestone as I am distrustful of the whole modern mainstream games industry. For all the reasons that I previously outlined. I'm not back on board with Milestone at all. Far from it. I don't think Milestone have any interest in the views of the gaming community other than whether or not said gaming community are going to buy their next game. It's purely about profit and punters..

However, what other choice does anyone have who wishes to race online regularly and reliably on a motorcycle racing game? 

The truth is that the only alternatives are gpbikes and the gp500 pc game.

I race on gp500 already. I am very keen indeed to race regularly and competitively online on gpbikes.. I think we all are.

If PiBoSo and his team can make the online environment for gpbikes reliable and secure then that's where I will race. No question at all in my mind.

I don't think anyone wants to lynch PiboSo. I think they just want him if possible and as soon as possible to try to fix the online problems with the game. Which to be fair I think is understandable under the circumstances. As much as I appreciate that PiBoSo and his team cannot simply wave a magic wand to solve this..it may take some time.

In my only little way I always try to recruit online racers that I know to the ranks of those who race gpbikes. I am still trying to do that now.

In the meantime I will carry on running and organising online leagues on motogp14 until such time as gpbikes is moved forward to the point where I can redirect all my efforts in this respect to organising leagues on gpbikes.

I'm not schizophrenic. I'm just biding my time.  ;)

grT

WALKEN

Quote from: Klax75 on July 17, 2014, 04:26:03 PM
I have MotoGP 14 for PC. Since in the U.S. they don't sell either 13 or 14 here. So have them both on the computer. I'm having a hard time playing it because I like DST to much. And this feels so much like a game now. :/

Little confused girlracerTracey when you first got her you went a length how crappy Milestone was to there people, that they don't talk to them and so on. Yet now your back on board with them again so it cancels out what you said before.

Piboso here people went to lynch him or something. lol. Yet he isn't putting out the same game with minor changes every year. Not charging you full price for each beta. lol

Just my thoughts. ;)

Tracey still plays on consoles hence the back and forth from GPBikes to GP14... If she sold all her consoles and broke ties with her Xbl/Psn friends she would have to be devoted to PC... :)

All I have to point out is, shes very passionate about Motorcycle racing games regardless and that is the important part.

Klax, I too have GP14 on PC, its meh, nothing compared to GPBikes!   
Help me, help you!

girlracerTracey

July 18, 2014, 08:07:19 AM #143 Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:09:41 AM by girlracerTracey
To be fair to all those people who are to-ing and fro-ing between gpbikes and other motorcycle racing games, motogp14 included, the reason they and I are doing this is very straightforward and simple. At the moment it is impossible to arrange and run league or championship races on gpbikes.

I am far from being the only one who is to-ing and fro-ing I assure you. To be fair WALKEN you are to-ing and fro-ing to a certain extent yourself. However in your case you are trying out other pc games. Including motogp14.

No one is suggesting that motogp14 is a rival to gpbikes. How can it be? gpbikes is a motorcycle racing simulator. The best ever in my opinion. Games like motogp14 are simply just that. They are games.

I think gpbikes is absolutely brilliant. The potential in gpbikes is absolutely enormous. Particularly the potential for competitive online league and championship racing. Not to mention straight forward online lobby racing. gpbikes could and should be huge.

However, as we all know, at the moment as things stand none of this is going to happen. The online is simply not stable enough to allow this. Regrettably. Much to everyone's frustration.

I of course fully understand that gpbikes is a beta but in my honest and firm opinion is needs to be a beta where development can proceed hand in hand with competitive online racing. One will assist and compliment the other. As I think it should do.

At the moment we have a fantastic and unrivaled beta physics engine in gpbikes, notwithstanding the problems we are experiencing with beta 5b. It knocks games like motogp14 into a cocked hat. There is no comparison to be made in these terms at all. None whatsoever. However at the moment gpbikes in terms of reliable online racing is just not happening. In terms of online racing gpbikes is trailing way behind mainstream games such as motogp14. It hurts me to say it but it is..

This needs to be sorted out. It is as simple and as straightforward as that. Otherwise gpbikes as a project is going to struggle to realise anything like its full potential. And the magnitude of its full possible potential is at the same time daunting and very, very exciting indeed.

In the meantime, as I say, do not be surprised if a number of us get our online racing fix via other sources. And as I say I know for a fact I am not the only one presently who is doing this..

I am an online racer through and through. I am not really a tester although I will obviously do this. The truth is I would rather be able to "test" within the medium of competitive online racing.

You know me WALKEN. I'm a bit mad like that..  ;)

Love and peace to all on gpbikes! We are blessed in truth that PiBoSo and gpbikes exist. Where on earth would we be without them? But please can we get the online aspect of gpbikes working properly? For all our benefits..

Sincerely, grT  :)   

JJS209

MotoGP14 is one of the worst games i have every installed on my pc. i deinstalled it after i played 5min this i-dont-know-how-to-call-this-garbage handygame...

every arcadegame on an old 10 year old slotmachine is doing better physics and behavior like that coint-making-shitgame!

OT: thanks piboso for being more communicative in the last two days. (wondering why i thank for that now...).
gpbikes is the best riding simulation, but do not forget that is important to be nice and not harshly to YOUR customers.

"Säge nicht den Ast ab, auf dem du sitzt!" means: do not cut the limb you are sitting on...

just my 2 cents...

WALKEN

"I am far from being the only one who is to-ing and fro-ing I assure you. To be fair WALKEN you are to-ing and fro-ing to a certain extent yourself. However in your case you are trying out other pc games. Including motogp14."

Thats right sister! I'm not toing & froing to console games...

In all seriousness, I get why people play console games. There is a dramatic vocal community that exist on common console games. The only way to play in the same manner as console offerings is to get Teamspeak (etc) and take advantage of IP connections that exist in such games as GP1/2 (Climax/Thq)

The PC community is very much different as it should be with the fact that more effort is needed to get where you want. In the end you can set things up however you like...

At Network-Challenge we had everything that Xbl/Psn had to offer, voice chat/a Recorder and a great community.

In reality I can go buy a PS4 tomorrow and a copy of GP14 and join the console community for some laughs and a rip around, but I can do that on my PC as well. I don't like being forced to enjoy a game a certain way because of a console... But lets realize, I'm a 44 year old man with other things that take up my time at this point in my life.

The thing that draws me to GPBikes is the fact that it is not complete (beta) and I know it will be ever evolving/changing.. The challenge of finding different ways to play the game keeps my interest...

:)     
Help me, help you!

girlracerTracey

July 18, 2014, 02:28:45 PM #146 Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:43:20 PM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: WALKEN on July 18, 2014, 01:49:39 PM

Thats right sister! I'm not toing & froing to console games...

Not entirely true. Motogp14 is a console game ported directly to pc.  ;) Without much or any meaningful adaptation whatsoever..

The truth is I'm with you WALK3N. As I think you already know.  :)

I'm a pc gamer first & foremost. Always have been. Since I was old enough to hold a steering wheel and a controller. When I was young my Dad mapped the throttle and brakes to buttons on a steering wheel for me because I could not reach the floor. I played gp500, SBK2000, SBK2001, gp3, gp4, F1 2001/2 and gtr 1 an 2 that way. Until my legs grew long enough to reach the pedals..

The truth is I'm not really into consoles much at all. I've only owned a console for little over a year and a half. I view them as a necessary evil. It sort of went against my principles to even buy one in truth. The only reason I have one is to access competitive online racing. I would much prefer to be able to do this using my pc. But as I say what options are there for accessible and competitive online racing when it comes to motorcycle racing games?

Really you have three choices. Motogp14 by Milestone on PS4. gpbikes by PiBoso on pc and niche options such as the gp500 pc game and I suppose games like THQ's motogp2 on the pc also which I know you still enjoy playing.

(the Motogp14 pc community is tiny and from what I understand half the time the online lobbies are not working. Otherwise I would race it on pc).

That's about it isn't it? In terms of two wheel racing anyway.

As I have already said I would drop the consoles in a flash if I could access online league championship racing on gpbikes.

So I'm with you WALK3N all the way. I'm already a convert. I have been all along in fact. I'm a pc girl at heart.

That's why I find the prospect of gpbikes growing and developing so exiting. Fix the online and I'll be there I assure you!

I am prepared to wait if necessary a year or maybe even longer for this to happen. Although I really do hope that PiBoSo and his team with our support and help might be able to do this earlier. In the meantime, however, I will enjoy my online racing on gp500 and Motogp14. As best I can..

Big hug!

grT  :)

capeta

Moto gp2 & 3 don't support controllers above xp :(
But moto gp2007 is playable online and he's the best bike game for me.

girlracerTracey

July 18, 2014, 04:16:34 PM #148 Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:14:05 PM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: capeta on July 18, 2014, 04:03:33 PM
Moto gp2 & 3 don't support controllers above xp :(
But moto gp2007 is playable online and he's the best bike game for me.

I run a windows xp partition on my windows 7 gaming pc to get round this..

So I can play motogp1,2 and 3 and also motogp07. I use Aernout's physics mod.s on motogp2 and motogp7. I like them. They're pretty cool games.

Have you ever played gp500? You can play online on that one too. Including the TT course!

I really enjoy pc retro gaming. I also play SBK2000, SBK2001 and even SBK World Championship from 1998..

Who care's as long as you enjoy it?

It amazes me that people think motogp14 is so bad. It's not that bad..it's great fun. And the physics model whilst arcade is actually pretty good. I guess for some people it's gpbikes or nothing.. But you cannot really judge a game after only 5 minutes. 

I know someone who tried gpbikes and said exactly the same thing after 10 minutes of gameplay..he binned it without giving it a chance.  He missed out on something very special imo.

grT  ;)

capeta

July 18, 2014, 06:36:04 PM #149 Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:38:39 PM by capeta
Well i am fine with my single boot :)
And motogp 500 run great for controller on seven and yes i know you can still play it online ;)
I had it on my HDD i think maybe i 'll replay it when i 'll be so annoying about the new wheelies /whobble falling from front etc...
Have stopped to play moto gp 07 because they are barely anyone on the servers :(
But i had great times from motogp2 & 3 with aernout physics and also mines ;)
Draft & powerslides for the win ^^

For motogp14 i have tested motogp13 about 4 hours that was  long enough like any millestones games for me ...And from the review/videos that i have seen i don't think i 'll try it 3 hours was enought.

By the way forgot my poor English.