• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 10:20:44 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

(WIP)Mallory Park Track Surface Rebuild TEST...

Started by Hawk, April 13, 2014, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

April 23, 2014, 01:17:07 PM #105 Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:21:48 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: HornetMaX on April 23, 2014, 01:11:43 PM
Just to be sure, did you fix the finish line issue (1st link in my post above) ?

MaX.

The Start/Finish line problem was sorted thanks to your timely help there Max. I've made sure that the left is a negative number and the right a positive number so the line stretches as far as is needed on collision surfaces.  ;)

UPDATE: This is why I've been cleaning up all the gaps and rubbish in the terrain and objects because I was wondering if that was affecting it's operation somehow with a gap not registering as a collision surface or something in that line of thought.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 23, 2014, 01:17:07 PM
The Start/Finish line problem was sorted thanks to your timely help there Max. I've made sure that the left is a negative number and the right a positive number so the line stretches as far as is needed on collision surfaces.  ;)

Hmmm ... can you show here you .rdf file ?

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 23, 2014, 01:37:45 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 23, 2014, 01:17:07 PM

Hmmm ... can you show here you .rdf file ?

MaX.

I'll send you a PM with the download link for my latest work that I haven't released yet, you can take the .rdf file from there and have a look at it.  ;)

HornetMaX

Now Hawk_UK, I think I'm officially entitled to insult you in the worst way (at any rate, my reputation is already solid in that area).  ;D

These are the first 6 lines in the .rdf of your track (just downloaded from the link you PMed me):

finish_line
{
long = 167.686005
left = 0.000000
right = 0.000000
}

So, who can spot the problem ?  ;D

MaX.

janaucarre

If i understand the problem, the finish/start line is nothing with no value of right and left. You must input a negative value for the left and a positive for the right, until the sides of the road, and if the start/finish line is along the pits you can lengthen the right or left until the border of the pits(across to the next surface).

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 23, 2014, 02:06:18 PM
Now Hawk_UK, I think I'm officially entitled to insult you in the worst way (at any rate, my reputation is already solid in that area).  ;D

These are the first 6 lines in the .rdf of your track (just downloaded from the link you PMed me):

finish_line
{
long = 167.686005
left = 0.000000
right = 0.000000
}

So, who can spot the problem ?  ;D

MaX.

Hi Max.... Well I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it! :o :o
I swear I put those figures into the start line boxes... I've even got them written down here. Lol

Well no excuses for me max..... So go ahead and put your biggest boots on and give my a good kick up the ass!! Hehe  ;D ;D

As I say, I'm on information overload here trying to do several things at once... and you know(unlike the girls) us men aren't designed to do that sort of thing..... Well I have to come up with some kind of excuse. Hehe ;D ;D

Thanks for keeping me on my toes Max.... Appreciate your help as always. ;) ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 23, 2014, 02:52:20 PM
Hi Max.... Well I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it! :o :o
I swear I put those figures into the start line boxes... I've even got them written down here. Lol

Debugging, an art of its own :)

The reasoning went: how likely is that Hawk has somehow forgotten to fix the finish line (or lost the fix) ? Very unlikely. How long does it take to double check ? 5 seconds. Hence risk to be a jerk and ask Hawk to confirm.

You are more or less my age (IIRC), so I know that our memory ... well ...  ;D

Now kick that Mallory park out so that we can test: I have zero experience in 3d stuff (well, close to zero let's say) but I've always thought that it is easier and better to redo the track surface than to try to smooth out the existing one.

If your test is conclusive, then you have a long list of tracks top fix before you. Welcome to the club of the ones spending more time working for/on GPB than playing with it  :P

MaX.

janaucarre

im comverting fo0r posting a video on how to do rdf files:)

Ian

This is like a soap opera what will be the next twist in the plot.
Well done Hawk_Uk for sticking with it your almost there.
You have put me off ever attempting to do a track  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: Ian on April 23, 2014, 05:01:45 PM
This is like a soap opera what will be the next twist in the plot.
Well done Hawk_Uk for sticking with it your almost there.
You have put me off ever attempting to do a track  ;D

Hehehe!! ;D ;D

Oh it's not that bad really... It's like anything we know nothing about, at first it's frustrating because you just want to be able to do it and finish your track so you guys can give it a good test, but once you've learned what you need to do(and a few kicks up the arse for doing some silly things you should've known better for. Hehe), then it all starts falling into place and seems easy. Put it this way, with my learning curve I have plenty of fresh tips and advice to give anyone who's new to trying out track model integration; and Janu is doing a .rdf file tutorial now, so now is one of the best times to give it a go. We're all here to help. ;) ;D

Hawk

Okay guys.... Thanks to Max for helping me sort out the Lap Timing system. It is now working properly. Thanks mate! ;)

I've now exported my latest track update, this time I exported with super-sampling and shadows included; it went through no problem(Thank God!. Lol). I'm really getting the hang of this now.  ;D 8)
Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that the download link for the latest update will be posted here within 30mins. Just look out for my post here to say it ready. ;)

Feedback would be appreciated.... Again, it's the track surface in particular I want you guys to test out and tell me if it gives you the confidence to ride hard without feeling you have to walk on eggshells for fear of the bike falling over while cornering, etc.

Just to let you guys know that the download link for the latest track update will be posted within the next 30mins. Just look out for my next post here.  ;)

HornetMaX

Great Hawk ! If you have any corner in particular you want us to focus on (on top of the hairpin, I guess) ...

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 23, 2014, 05:41:51 PM
Great Hawk ! If you have any corner in particular you want us to focus on (on top of the hairpin, I guess) ...

MaX.

Your absolutely right, Max..... The hairpin in particular is the corner to concentrate your testing with, but the track surface as a whole has been rebuilt/remodelled, so also comments on how well the bikes rides the dips and undulations that are part of this circuits character too would be appreciated. ;)

RBp

check the pit boards, number 24 nearly in the middle of straight.

Hawk

April 23, 2014, 06:35:21 PM #119 Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:37:37 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: RBp on April 23, 2014, 06:09:28 PM
check the pit boards, number 24 nearly in the middle of straight.

Will do, RBp. I'll sort that out for the next release(shortly), but I'm already in process of uploading this version now, so you'll all have to put up with that for a short time. Thanks for pointing that out, RBp  ;)

Sorry for the delay guys.... I'd just been tweaking it some more before I uploaded the track.... Should be about 10 mins now. :)