• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 10:35:08 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, February 18, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 01, 2016, 04:55:18 PM
No hawk its fine no performance change issues so online is OK with it  :)

Thnx Nick, that's great to know.  8)

Hawk

Stout Johnson

So in conclusion: exhaust smoke is visible in replay (and to the same extent) as in real-time play, correct?
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

doubledragoncc

Just making a video with real time and replay in it with modded smoke files. Being as quick as I can lol.

Slow on and off the track hehe

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Stout Johnson on March 01, 2016, 06:30:37 PM
So in conclusion: exhaust smoke is visible in replay (and to the same extent) as in real-time play, correct?

Yes Stout I believe it is now - which is different to what I thought before.

However, there may be some difference in amount between online and offline play.  It is possible online reduces its visibility (and possibly more and more with more players).

To that end it will be interesting to see the next Club race (Varese) replay - viewed on a machine with the smoke-mod! Roll on tomorrow!  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I ride 1st person and always do live recording so hope to get a good one tomorrow. I usually make them in the same format as the smoke mod video here. I thought it was better to have a bit more smoke but no overly done. I was thinking as if there were 20 plus bikes too much smoke would be silly so kept it semi real.

Best watched full screen 1080p on YouTube for all cam views to be seen properly:

https://www.youtube.com/v/qhrGBlNC_wc

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

I think that level is about right, I mean a warm stroker rarely puts out much smoke anyhow but those revving-on-the-grid and slow-acceleration times are made really great with the atmosphere (geddit?) the effect brings. In the end it will be the little things that will really make this game stand out once the physics is sorted.

You could also play with the individual bike gfx cfg to change the rev range the effect is active on, say to give a slightly longer puff coming out of that 2nd hairpin.

I love that face-facing view with the sun behind the helmet. I could watch that all day!  8)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I did play with the bike gfx and raised the rpm from 2500 to 9500 will play about a bit more. I actually reduced the amount to 1.5!!! to get more of each individual pipe and not just one big cloud.

Thanks for starting me on this. I am hooked.Gonna play with more files too hehe

Looking forward to the race and will record it so hope no core crashes and Raptor BEHAVE lol

DD

doNico

wow... thats looking sweet.
Weird glitch on my side ... i know, someone pointed that out allready but ive had the fall off glitch in the last corner at Victoria today quite often. One time, my bike was going up again  and went down the whole s/f straight without falling and of course without rider on it and i wasnt able to respawn ... that actually happened to me alot. Got it on video i think ...

~doN

Warlock

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 01, 2016, 03:33:34 PM
Create the direcotory structure "\GP Bikes\gpbikes\effects\effects\particles\"

You have a duplicated 'effects' directory here, should be :

\GP Bikes\gpbikes\effects\particles\

Right?  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Warlock on March 02, 2016, 02:39:17 AM
Quote from: HornetMaX on March 01, 2016, 03:33:34 PM
Create the direcotory structure "\GP Bikes\gpbikes\effects\effects\particles\"

You have a duplicated 'effects' directory here, should be :

\GP Bikes\gpbikes\effects\particles\

Right?  :)
Ach, don't know, I took it from h106frp post. But you can unpack effects.pkz somewhere (e.g. Desktop) and see what's inside to check this (if it's effects/ or effects/effects/).

Napalm Nick

only the one \GP Bikes\gpbikes\effects\particles\

HornetMaX

Quote from: woodbury on March 02, 2016, 08:51:55 AM
Does the "Controller profile" thingy work for you ? For me it only says "--------".
Same. Even in MXB beta4.

doubledragoncc

IN GPB all original files function if in effects\effects\particles\ .......................BUT if you want a MOD to work it should be in effects\particles\............

All files should be in this way structured but some extractors like Winrar etc automatically double up on the original folder giving you effects\effects

If you have double structured GPB manually move all files to the first folder in the structure and delete the double that should now be empty as you moved the files from it into the first folder.

Bugger I am bad at this sort of stuff. Sorry

DD

Hawk

Quote from: woodbury on March 02, 2016, 08:51:55 AM
Does the "Controller profile" thingy work for you ? For me it only says "--------".

I'm having to calibrate my controllers each time too because it's not remembering the settings from the previous calibration.

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Ive been having only a few of the control buttons change on me but analogs have stayed as programmed?

DD