• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 07:36:28 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[BIKE] KTM RC8R *PHYSICS UPDATE*

Started by camillozockt, July 25, 2014, 04:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

Yes 1.3 rear wheel feels the same as 1.1.

Hmm, if the sudden grip loss on the rear wheel wouldn`t have been an issue, i would say 1.2 was close to perfect. 1.3 is a step back from 1.2 imo...

girlracerTracey

August 06, 2014, 11:23:58 PM #136 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:26:02 PM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: vin97 on August 06, 2014, 11:18:28 PM
Quote from: girlracerTracey on August 06, 2014, 11:15:00 PM

Under versions 1.2 and 1.3 rear wheel is sliding too much on turn-in..much too much for me at least.

I don't really understand what you mean by that.
And besides, I think all versions except 1.2 have (almost) the same rear wheel (only the tyre wear was changed between them).

Well I mean that from the point of turn-in for certain bends I am getting slides from the rear tyre in response to the physical forces acting on the rear wheel from the process of turning in..I am not quite sure how else to explain it. But it is the same effect as you sometimes get in real life on the race track..I perhaps need Max here to stipulate the correct physical forces..but again you get a more pronounced effect of this type in real life on a wearing rear tyre.

Maybe I am noticing this more now that I am beginning to push the bike a bit harder..

grT

Vini

August 06, 2014, 11:26:44 PM #137 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:31:48 PM by vin97
@ JamoZ: Yes, the sliding itself was good in 1.2 but the transition from grip to no grip was too abrubt and the engine instantly reving up the limiter was strange.
Wheelie, braking (now that I've got used to it) and tyre wear was also good in 1.2.

@ Tracey: I think it's just the engine braking that's causing this behaviour. Before you turn in (under heavy braking) the rear wheel has already lost traction but you don't notice it because the bike is still straight. Once turned in the rear wheel will slide away. IMO your problem does not have anything to do with the rodney's new (rear wheel/powerslide) physics.

Klax75

In DST with 1.3 after about 8 laps at Silverstone the front wheel will randomly just fold on me. Doesn't matter what speed I am at, or if I am braking or not. It will just randomly fold and I'll slide out. Didn't do this in 1.2.

I also agree about like the slightly more powerful version.

Vini

I think it's just the front tyre wearing a lot faster when you do a lot of trailbraking.

JamoZ

Ye but 1.2 was too powerfull, i did 325 on barcelona...a STK bike should not be able to reach those speeds :P

Vini

Then it's the weight distribution that needs to be changed.

camillozockt

Thank you very much for the feedback guys , you really test the bike and tell us !! The problem is, now it gets even more difficult , because we want to make everyone happy   ;D !!

About the wheelie : in reallife this bike doesnt wheelie in 3rd gear only with throttle !
And it also doesnt go way over 320 (at least the stk , except you modify it ) !!
This bike is very powerfull , but not that powerfull ! You can still wheelie it with the clutch and we still wanna keep it realistic !!

Rear tire : i think in v1.2 the tire feeld like ( someone said that too ) it has some oil on it , so we rolld that one back ! 

The bike has a complete different gameplay , the challenge is not how far you can powerslide it ( maybe we can  do some drift racing ^^ ) , its about: how do i race it 10-15 laps with one set of tires !! But i think the powersliding is still better than motogp 2014 !! Its just very exciting and new , because this wasnt really possible before !! There is just a new challenge !! In my personal opinion , the bike feels very realistic !

Some aspects cant be really simulated , because its still a game !!!

We hope to get it to a point , where everyone is happy !!

girlracerTracey

August 06, 2014, 11:43:40 PM #143 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:46:46 PM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: vin97 on August 06, 2014, 11:26:44 PM

@ Tracey: I think it's just the engine braking that's causing this behaviour. Before you turn in (under heavy braking) the rear wheel has already lost traction but you don't notice it because the bike is still straight. Once turned in the rear wheel will slide away. IMO your problem does not have anything to do with the rodney's new (rear wheel/powerslide) physics.

Yes I think that could explain it Vin. As you know I am not running any tcs of any type at all..and I am not used to v-twins..!

I have experienced the effect I described though in real life. Particularly on turn-in into high speed bends..the rear tyre struggling to follow the front tyre. On the limit. I thought it was that..

I'll try it with some tcs on engine braking. Hopefully that will cure it!

grT

Vini

Quote from: girlracerTracey on August 06, 2014, 11:43:40 PM
As you know I am not running any tcs of any type at all..
Well, who does that, lol

I am currently very happy with 1.3, the braking is good, the sliding/rear feel is good and if you say the wheelies are realistic then there is nothin I can argue about.

girlracerTracey

Quote from: camillozockt on August 06, 2014, 11:39:59 PM
Thank you very much for the feedback guys , you really test the bike and tell us !! The problem is, now it gets even more difficult , because we want to make everyone happy   ;D !!

About the wheelie : in reallife this bike doesnt wheelie in 3rd gear only with throttle !
And it also doesnt go way over 320 (at least the stk , except you modify it ) !!
This bike is very powerfull , but not that powerfull ! You can still wheelie it with the clutch and we still wanna keep it realistic !!

Rear tire : i think in v1.2 the tire feeld like ( someone said that too ) it has some oil on it , so we rolld that one back ! 

The bike has a complete different gameplay , the challenge is not how far you can powerslide it ( maybe we can  do some drift racing ^^ ) , its about: how do i race it 10-15 laps with one set of tires !! But i think the powersliding is still better than motogp 2014 !! Its just very exciting and new , because this wasnt really possible before !! There is just a new challenge !! In my personal opinion , the bike feels very realistic !

Some aspects cant be really simulated , because its still a game !!!

We hope to get it to a point , where everyone is happy !!

That all sounds very encouraging to me Camillo. Thank you. Only thing I would say is this feels really fresh and interesting to me but please try to make it as difficult as possible, whilst leaving power slides at least accessible, to rear wheel steer the bike. I'm just  a bit nervous of this becoming a tiny bit too arcade that's all..I am just so keen for it to reflect real life and not go any further..

But sincere thanks for all your hard work!

grT

girlracerTracey

August 07, 2014, 12:16:55 AM #146 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:28:24 AM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: vin97 on August 07, 2014, 12:13:14 AM

Well, who does that, lol

Yeah bring back the days when there wasn't any tcs at all I say! lol..proper racing!  ;D

Normally I do..just haven't been doing so deliberately whilst testing these physics.

grT

Klax75

Quote from: vin97 on August 07, 2014, 12:13:14 AM
Quote from: girlracerTracey on August 06, 2014, 11:43:40 PM
As you know I am not running any tcs of any type at all..
Well, who does that, lol

I am currently very happy with 1.3, the braking is good, the sliding/rear feel is good and if you say the wheelies are realistic then there is nothin I can argue about.

Thats how I learned to play GP Bikes, with TCS and Anti-Wheelie off. After my first time meeting JamoZ on track and his colorful (cough) lol way of speaking after he shared his setup with me. I turned those to things off to learn throttle control on the 1000cc. I didn't turn it back on til later. Since in beta 3 Anti-Wheelie didn't have steps it was either on or off.

Vini

August 07, 2014, 01:21:51 AM #148 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 01:23:38 AM by vin97
Quote from: girlracerTracey on August 07, 2014, 12:14:06 AMmake it as difficult as possible, whilst leaving power slides at least accessible, to rear wheel steer the bike.
Well, it was possible before. It was just really really hard, too hard in my opinion, especially when you think about the fact that in MotoGP/SBK they are sliding the rear out of every corner and if they had no tyres or fuel to worry about, it would smoke just as much as it does in the GPB KTM videos.
I actually think that holding a long but 'non-smokey' slide (from the apex on, just as they do in MotoGP) is still extremely hard with the KTM. The best one I have managed to do was the first one (correction: second one) in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/v/DzRWqdGMDf8

EDIT:
I think I turned all the electronics off (and always used Qualify mapping) after one or two weeks of playing the game. Where is the fun when the computer is doing the work for you?

rodney007

August 07, 2014, 01:31:21 AM #149 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 01:33:14 AM by rodney007
*I keep forgetting to Logout of Camillo account (He give me to release any changes)* in-case I make a mistake we are two different people  :)

My testing was done with NO anti wheelie or TCS so I cant comment about these but should definitely be turned off and
the reason is GP-bikes controls these differently to systems in real life. So at this stage IMO TCS or anti wheelie don't work correctly.

Currently we have mixed results, some like 1.2, some 1.3 blah blah.

I think it will be hard to please everyone as you all have an idea of how it should be. Personally I like 1.3 and I think with minor tweaks to the torque,wheelie and a slight decrease
in the likely hood of wheel lockup it will be great and we can call it a day. Camillo and I have some projects lined up that should have you guys very happy
that we can experiment with further.

Without going overboard- what do you guys think about this idea?

@Vin
Nice riding and sliding, although this is not the objective of my changes soley - it is about using progressive throttle and before the point of slide, however very impressive!
also Vin which version is in this video? It looks great