• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 05:24:29 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[BIKE] KTM RC8R *PHYSICS UPDATE*

Started by camillozockt, July 25, 2014, 04:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: rodney007 on August 07, 2014, 09:34:16 AM
How do you know that GP-bikes correctly simulates a real life engine curve?  its ok I am sure its just like real life ;D
Do you mean you have anything indicating that GPB does not simulate correctly the engine power curve ?  :o

MaX.

rodney007

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 07, 2014, 10:17:32 AM
How do you know that GP-bikes correctly simulates a real life engine curve?  its ok I am sure its just like real life ;D
Do you mean you have anything indicating that GPB does not simulate correctly the engine power curve ?  :o

MaX.

No I don't though to be perfectly honest I havn't a clue to import into this game. 

HornetMaX

Quote from: rodney007 on August 07, 2014, 10:23:37 AM

No I don't though to be perfectly honest I havn't a clue to import into this game.
Not sure I understand you correctly: you mean you don't know how to put a real life power/torque diagram into GPB ?

MaX.

rodney007

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 07, 2014, 10:25:48 AM
Quote from: rodney007 on August 07, 2014, 10:23:37 AM

Not sure I understand you correctly: you mean you don't know how to put a real life power/torque diagram into GPB ?

MaX.

Yes that is correct

BOBR6 84

August 07, 2014, 10:49:54 AM #169 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:06:28 AM by BOBR6 84
Noobs eh? Bloody clueless...  ::)

Chuckle chuckle  :D  ;D

EDIT:  joke by the way.. Im the most useless pc user on this forum!  ;)

girlracerTracey

August 07, 2014, 11:02:00 AM #170 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:03:33 AM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: girlracerTracey on August 07, 2014, 07:53:14 AM

Overall, with limited track time and less experience than you guys on gpbikes generally, I prefer version 1.3 if I am honest. With a few tweaks..

grT

Make that only very small tweaks and adjustments for me Rodney! It's pretty much spot-on for me tbh..

This bike is amazing! Seriously amazing. Sorry to "gush"..but for me it just feels so right! I am getting punished with high sides at low and high speed on corner exits for being "ham-fisted" with the throttle.

The experience of taking this bike round Snetterton in particular is amazing. I am getting punished for being too clumsy with the throttle exiting both the flip-flop chicance onto the start and finish straight, the tight right hander onto the back straight and at higher speeds exiting Riches, Corams and the "Bomb-hole"..  If you get is right you can rear wheel steer without "smoke" and it helps you adjust and tighten your line. Or if you choose you do not have to "spin" it up at all! Just like real life. 

For me this represents quite a major "breakthrough".

I think PiBoSo's base physics are absolutely stunning. In my opinion however this "mod" in terms of rear wheel steering compliments and enhances PiBoSo's brilliant "original" physics engine very, very nicely.

Just my opinion. But so happy with this I thought I would just voice it.

grT  :)

rodney007

Quote from: girlracerTracey on August 07, 2014, 11:02:00 AM
Quote from: girlracerTracey on August 07, 2014, 07:53:14 AM

Overall, with limited track time and less experience than you guys on gpbikes generally, I prefer version 1.3 if I am honest. With a few tweaks..

grT

Make that only very small tweaks and adjustments for me Rodney! It's pretty much spot-on for me tbh..

This bike is amazing! Seriously amazing. Sorry to "gush"..but for me it just feels so right! I am getting punished with high sides at low and high speed on corner exits for being "ham-fisted" with the throttle.

The experience of taking this bike round Snetterton in particular is amazing. I am getting punished for being too clumsy with the throttle exiting both the flip-flop chicance onto the start and finish straight, the tight right hander onto the back straight and at higher speeds exiting Riches, Corams and the "Bomb-hole"..  If you get is right you can rear wheel steer without "smoke" and it helps you adjust and tighten your line. Or if you choose you do not have to "spin" it up at all! Just like real life. 

For me this represents quite a major "breakthrough".

I think PiBoSo's base physics are absolutely stunning. In my opinion however this "mod" in terms of rear wheel steering compliments and enhances PiBoSo's brilliant "original" physics engine very, very nicely.

Just my opinion. But so happy with this I thought I would just voice it.

grT  :)

This is all I need  ;D thanks for your support  :)

camillozockt

we personally , in our own opinion , think that the bike feels very very realistic , more realistic than the other bikes !! its not possible to make everyone happy , piboso even managed to make everyone mad with beta5b  ;D !! you now feel the power of the front brake , because it was arcade before on EVERY bike in gpbikes , i could brake with the gp1000 100% in the turn and didnt crash , now thats not realistic , the shifttime of the gp1000 isnt realistic , the wobble , the wheelie , it just doesnt feel RIGHT !!! now with the KTM , the wobble is gone , you can powerslide , the brakes are braking ^^ , throttle steer , you feel its weight , you FEEL THE BIKE !!! its very dynamic and there are some new challenges !!! we dont know what satisfies you , playing the bike and feel the bike or reading the data with correct values !!! more difficult doesnt mean better !! but define difficult , is difficult riding the bike or riding the bike 10-15 laps without crashing and messing up the tires and get fast laps !! we hope you enjoy the bike and appreciate the feedback

:)

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on August 07, 2014, 08:33:42 AM
QuoteAny reason for not putting the real values for engine (and transmission) ?! It's a 10min job to find them on the web and once done it's done
you mean 10 seconds... 8)
Was adding some safety overhead :)

Nice to see you still around C21 !

MaX.

BOBR6 84

I like the bike and physics alot.. I really do! Its a brilliant mod! Great work by all involved  ;)
My only concern for you guys is that all the problems in beta5b are being worked on.. They are known issues!
I doubt piboso intends to leave it how it is now..

I just hope there is a base setting for your ktm for when beta6 comes and you can adjust again to fit the stk class..

rodney007

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 07, 2014, 11:33:50 AM
I like the bike and physics alot.. I really do! Its a brilliant mod! Great work by all involved  ;)
My only concern for you guys is that all the problems in beta5b are being worked on.. They are known issues!
I doubt piboso intends to leave it how it is now..

I just hope there is a base setting for your ktm for when beta6 comes and you can adjust again to fit the stk class..

The objective was throttle steer and fixing the wobble just happened. Who knows... maybe this motivates him to hurry up :-)

BOBR6 84

girlracerTracey

camillozockt

GREAT !! thank you very much  :D

i always have this feeling that things like this are staged but anyway , the bike would still win i think :)

i am not sure but i think he did a powerslide out of the last corner , because you can the see rubber line on the asphalt

what a great looking bike , the car personally is not my style but still......love my country ^^

Klax75

KTM Focused Event KTM RC8 1/2
https://www.youtube.com/v/WaD259Iv1M4

There is a few more from this series. Cadwell Park, Silverstone, Brands Hatch.