• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, February 18, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 19, 2016, 11:31:27 AM
!!! In my lowly opinion PiBoSo really should go back to the Beta 6c NDS Victoria.  It is HURTING the game as far as new players and old whingers go  :D !!!!!!

Exactly my thoughts. Physics-wise beta8 is obviously a great step. And I understand that Piboso wants to showcase his dynamic track feature. But with core-issues going through the roof in DS tracks, it is just a point where he should pull the emergency brake and use NDS version. Otherwise it is a big turn-off, especially to new players. Imo, this will scare off at least as many as the new physics might attract. And new players probably won't get to the point where they realize that they can use NDS versions. Most servers still use default Victoria and new players are most likely to spend their time on default Victoria circuit. With current netcode problems, especially on DS tracks, it will scare off a lot of new players. Bad strategy imo.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Hawk

February 19, 2016, 12:07:55 PM #76 Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 12:12:37 PM by Hawk
+1 for Nick and Stouts posts above.... I totally agree on what your saying there guys.  ;)

The core.exe crash seems to hit some riders badly, yet other riders(I include myself in this) luckily don't suffer core.exe crashes too often although I still do get core.exe crashes occasionally, usually when using a DS category circuit or there are riders who keep disconnecting and re-connecting on different bikes and the server isn't subsequently reset before the race due to this behaviour. But as I say, other than those circumstances I tend to get away without any core.exe for race events(touch wood! Hehe  ;D ).

But the obvious on-going core.exe crashing issue is obviously a major instability problem that does need sorting as a matter of the highest priority I feel.

Hawk.
PS: I'm yet to realise whether I'm still as fortunate with beta 8..... I hope so.  :-\

doubledragoncc

6 core crashes in different places, Spa NDS track offline with the 990. Is not an original track and no crashes on Victoria so far with any bike. 125 washes out badly still. Vast improvement on 500 and 990 stability and leaning. Front end on all bikes still wobbles FAR too much for a real life bike.

I am impressed and bummed at same time, but it has been an improvement. Core.exe is the big one though.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

February 19, 2016, 12:37:14 PM #78 Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 12:55:26 PM by Napalm Nick
Anyone (particularly server providers but it may affect everyone) put the replay length code back into gpbikes.ini?

When I do it on the server it will cause a crash whenever someone joins. I am using 999Mb as a safe option but it is crashing. This never happened in B7.

I remember PiB said something about changing the replay length for B8 but that thread is gone.
Any ideas ??? In the mean time I will experiment with other figures

Edit: for some reason the max replay I can now set is 500Mb which will have to do. But I wonder why it has halved with this release???
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 19, 2016, 12:37:14 PM
Anyone (particularly server providers but it may affect everyone) put the replay length code back into gpbikes.ini?

When I do it on the server it will cause a crash whenever someone joins. I am using 999Mb as a safe option but it is crashing. This never happened in B7.

I remember PiB said something about changing the replay length for B8 but that thread is gone.
Any ideas ??? In the mean time I will experiment with other figures

Edit: for some reason the max replay I can now set is 500Mb which will have to do. But I wonder why it has halved with this release???

Just wondering if Piboso has found it more stable at that level, as one of the suspected issues with the core.exe crashing is memory leakage.  ;)

I've noticed that the bike wheels are still lifting off the track surface into the air when watching replays live or not.  :(

Hopefully we'll get a hotfix update for these issues.  ;D

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

who knows but I am glad it is time to take the wife shopping lol  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

r1rossi

I cannot thank you enough Pib

I have tried about 40 laps and i love the feeling.

I have not had a single CORE issues as i removed everything from my computer and did fresh EVERYTHING.

Keep it up!

davidboda46

After trying beta 8 some more, and running on other track than just Victoria, this is my early conclusion.

(No TC and AW for 990. EB:2, Tyres configurations Soft/Soft, Soft/Hard, Hard/Hard, tracks: Victoria, Brno, Laguna Seca, Misano, Imola, Mugello, Brands - all in dry):

* 125 still suffers from strange front-end losses. Get off the throttle at full lean and it's gone. According to me it has not improved and is pretty much unrideble with default settings.     

* 990 also much better overall but has too much grip at the back. Can't spin the rear out at full lean (3rd, 4th 5th gear) even with no TC or AW. Tried to pin the throttle around turn 3, should not be able to do that without the rear getting away from you with no electronic aids, but the rear stayed put. 

The front is better but still has plenty issues. The wobble when the bike is slightly lent over is still a huge problem. Leads to wild headshakes. The same problem also occurs when you shift into higher gears. The gearshift seems to upset the bike. The unexplainable front end losses are now mostly occurring in slow corner that have elevation changes. Although, it also happens off throttle in faster corners when the tarmac is not absolutely flat and smooth.

It is now easier to save front end folds, managed to drag the front sideways for a good 2 seconds and still save the crash, but, it is still not as it should be. More warning is good but it still folds in strange and unexpected ways.

I would like to know who is testing the bike on track before release of a new beta and how hard they are pushing. Also if the bikes are tested on more tracks than just Victoria. The reason for me asking is that the trouble with the front and other issues are quite manageable when you're riding around at 70 – 85%. It's only when you really start pushing the bike for a hot lap that the problems become more apparent, especially when the track is not as smooth and flat as a babies butt. I'm not saying I would be ideal for testing, I probably just bring the bike up to around 95% but there are other GP-bike riders that are fast and maybe could give better feedback on the bikes behavior when you're on the limit.

I think Beta 8 is a step in the right direction, but the underlying problems are still there. It was a very long time ago, so I might just be nostalgic here, but if my memory serves me correctly I still think that one of the Beta 4:s (can't remember which one) had the best front end feeling to date (speaking about the 990).

And about the core.exe... I have spoken my mind before... and others are frequently doing the same so I'll leave that discussion for now. 

My 2 cents so far...

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

h106frp

I am just enjoying the fact that the MOD tracks are ride-able again  ;D  Nordscleife is next to test,  hoping all will be good....

Wondering if with the better suspension some of the previously used physics 'fixes' will need reviewing i.e. tyre grip levels

doubledragoncc

February 19, 2016, 04:07:15 PM #84 Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 04:10:11 PM by doubledragoncc
@davidboda, I think you might have hit the nail on the head..............When Piboso tests his work is it only on Victoria and if so why? It is known MOD tracks are used most and therefore should be tested by the boss. I am very impressed that many handling problems have been lowered in the way they are, but they are STILL there. I still dont understand why, in alpha7 there was not this terrible shake of the front end and then by reworking the physics it was allowed to appear. Surely when improving the physics, you do it bit by bit and test and then when a new edit makes a problem, you go a step back? I do fully understand that since alpha7, many more new physics have been made correct in their own aspect, but is it not possible that  in trying to make the sim by the book physics, something is getting missed about it is on a computer and not in real life. I apologise if you take this wrong P, it is just that I have found that as there are so many factors involved with getting the physics right as if in real life, you have over simulated certain physics. What I mean is, there must actually be a limit to a input being real. Without actually really riding a bike in the real world, a realistic simulation needs to have certain inputs and behaviors dulled down.  As a simply example, when the front end lifts and becomes light, the tire has less contact with the surface and therefore has a tendency to start to make a tank-slapper, is it not a simple fact as to decrease the values of the variables that control the amount of wobble? For me personally, its the biggest problem as it is to do with the precise directional control of the bike. The slightest of wobble in the front end means you have to fight to keep the correct line, on a real bike this does not happen so easily as in GPB.

With computer simulation, be it hardware or software, you have to look outside of the text book. What is right on paper is not always true for the correct action in a computer. Look outside of the box!

Well I am off to ride in beta8.................love it................most certainly can not hate.........................................not perfect, but far better.

Thank you Piboso

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

alelosbrigia

and the core.exe continue like a hell ...

matty0l215

Quote from: JamoZ on February 18, 2016, 11:35:11 PM
Because i still have hope, somewhere...locked away, in a chest, on the bottom of the ocean, guarded by shark with laserbeams attached to their heads. Also, why so serious? Banned, are you for real? If this core.exe stuff is fixed, hell i`ll be here supporting PiBoSo and rooting for this game again. I have done alot for GP bikes, from skins, promotion, races, sounds  and even started your beloved bikemod . But even if this is a beta and it`s in development ( which is fine, so are all my EA steam games) , i am free to keep hammering on this one problem that has not been fixed since the time of the dinosaurs. It`s great that there is a new version out which might be amazing (don`t know, core.exe) but silencing people who are still concerned if this will ever be fixed, is not going to magically take the problem away. If you can`t handle that, you`re free to not read any of my posts.

So you can talk in full sentences without sarcasm, Was that so hard  ;) :P

Yes you have done a lot for the community and so have others and a lot more than you ever did. But that doesn't mean you can be a knob. Yes it's frustrating but ffs we're not children and unless you want this to turn into the KRP forum, be sensible.

Get back on the track like the rest of us and enjoy what we've got :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

JamoZ

Quote from: matty0l215 on February 19, 2016, 06:43:08 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on February 18, 2016, 11:35:11 PM
Because i still have hope, somewhere...locked away, in a chest, on the bottom of the ocean, guarded by shark with laserbeams attached to their heads. Also, why so serious? Banned, are you for real? If this core.exe stuff is fixed, hell i`ll be here supporting PiBoSo and rooting for this game again. I have done alot for GP bikes, from skins, promotion, races, sounds  and even started your beloved bikemod . But even if this is a beta and it`s in development ( which is fine, so are all my EA steam games) , i am free to keep hammering on this one problem that has not been fixed since the time of the dinosaurs. It`s great that there is a new version out which might be amazing (don`t know, core.exe) but silencing people who are still concerned if this will ever be fixed, is not going to magically take the problem away. If you can`t handle that, you`re free to not read any of my posts.

So you can talk in full sentences without sarcasm, Was that so hard  ;) :P

Yes you have done a lot for the community and so have others and a lot more than you ever did. But that doesn't mean you can be a knob. Yes it's frustrating but ffs we're not children and unless you want this to turn into the KRP forum, be sensible.

Get back on the track like the rest of us and enjoy what we've got :P

In the end i am a paying investor/customer. I am inclined to get a working product. I fully understand the beta/development idea, but having to go for literally years without any improvement or news about the subject, will turn people into unhappy customers. See the posts above, if you call my sarcastic way of outing my frustration being a knob, then i wonder what you call those outbursts.

I`d love to get back on the track, if only the game would let me :')

matty0l215

Quote from: JamoZ on February 19, 2016, 07:16:51 PM
In the end i am a paying investor/customer. I am inclined to get a working product. I fully understand the beta/development idea, but having to go for literally years without any improvement or news about the subject, will turn people into unhappy customers

Yes and no, beta is beta. I'm not saying that as an excuses for a problem, but it does mean not a finished product, Even if that means a terminal issue isn't fixed (thats just bad development and seeming nothing we (the community) have been able to change)

QuoteSee the posts above, if you call my sarcastic way of outing my frustration being a knob, then i wonder what you call those outbursts.

Quote from: JamoZ on February 18, 2016, 10:00:17 PM
Beta 8 released -> Get slightly excited -> Install Beta 8 -> Get friends to play with -> Hear others get excited on teamspeak -> Fire up the game and click connect -> Core.exe -> Hear friends laugh -> friend gets Core.exe -> Want to laugh but cry instead -> uninstall Gp bikes -> Wait for another year.....

Is being a knob and doesn't really help.  :P

Whining isn't making a difference (for any/everyone) this is very clear :(

We cool? 8) ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Vini

February 19, 2016, 08:19:15 PM #89 Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 08:58:38 PM by vin97
yes, the new seamless shifter is brilliant.
just as the rear suspension and the rider movement.
it finally does something when the bike wheelies, at least thats how the difference feels to me.
picking the bike up from full lean angle with the front wheel in the air is possible now without wobbles.

sadly, i got a bit too excited.
on tracks with a lot of strongly(?) banked corners, you get more lowsides than in beta7. especially cadwell park is very problematic now.
at most other track, it is much better than in previous betas, though
the decreased front stability at low speeds is not that bad but the blind trust in the front in those corners is gone again (after beta7b fixed it perfectly), I am always scared to completely let off the throttle in those corners.

biggest problem though:
the rider-fall-off bug is not fixed and I am sure we will get a lot of trouble when Manu updates his MotoGP mod.
https://www.youtube.com/v/j5Knkkqu0sY

also, PiBoSo, would you mind answering my question regarding the RotationAxis parameter (value for 500cc V4s like Varese)?