• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, February 18, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Oh Matty don't forget to tell PiB about the 1P magic speed readout  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

I've a problem in Imola with Varese, if i touch the grass i take core almost systematically  :P it only happens to me?

Perhaps I should also delete the old save folder?  ???

h106frp

Wow!, huge improvement in bike handling, much more fun, impressed so far.

matty0l215

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 18, 2016, 10:36:04 PM
Oh Matty don't forget to tell PiB about the 1P magic speed readout  ;D
Oh yeh

Theres an odd glitch with the speed readout on the 990.

This is only in first person on the onboard dash with the units set to MPH i havent tested kph

It always reads 3 digits. So when stationary its 000 which isnt the problem. But when you start to move it displays the numbers in an odd order.

If you where doing 10mph it reads 100, or if you where doing 57mph it would be 570.

When you get into triple digits its fine

Nothing major just somthing to note :D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

h106frp

Need Nick to get the GPBOC server up now - thats the big test ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Blackheart on February 18, 2016, 10:44:19 PM
I've a problem in Imola with Varese, if i touch the grass i take core almost systematically  :P it only happens to me?

Perhaps I should also delete the old save folder?  ???
Really you should've deleted everything except the "tracks" and "Rider" folder(which you could have dragged out to keep them safe while deleting everything else. That also includes deleting the Piboso folder from your "My documents" folder.  ;)

Having said that, is it anywhere you go onto the grass that you get a core.exe crash? Or could it be a gap at the seam between the grass and the track?

Hawk.

Blackheart

February 18, 2016, 10:58:18 PM #66 Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 11:20:51 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: Hawk on February 18, 2016, 10:51:18 PM
Really you should've deleted everything except the "tracks" and "Rider" folder(which you could have dragged out to keep them safe while deleting everything else. That also includes deleting the Piboso folder from your "My documents" folder.  ;)

Having said that, is it anywhere you go onto the grass that you get a core.exe crash? Or could it be a gap at the seam between the grass and the track?

Hawk.

Sorry Hawk Shot with phone   ;D

Click on for bigger

Now i try to delete all Piboso folder, surely it is my mistake!  :)

EDIT: Now is perfect  ;D thx Hawk  ;)

JamoZ

Quote from: matty0l215 on February 18, 2016, 10:16:44 PM
Quote from: JamoZ on February 18, 2016, 10:00:17 PM
Beta 8 released -> Get slightly excited -> Install Beta 8 -> Get friends to play with -> Hear others get excited on teamspeak -> Fire up the game and click connect -> Core.exe -> Hear friends laugh -> friend gets Core.exe -> Want to laugh but cry instead -> uninstall Gp bikes -> Wait for another year.....

Why haven't you gone yet... (you seriously got nothing better to do with your time)

or even better banned...

Because i still have hope, somewhere...locked away, in a chest, on the bottom of the ocean, guarded by shark with laserbeams attached to their heads. Also, why so serious? Banned, are you for real? If this core.exe stuff is fixed, hell i`ll be here supporting PiBoSo and rooting for this game again. I have done alot for GP bikes, from skins, promotion, races, sounds  and even started your beloved bikemod . But even if this is a beta and it`s in development ( which is fine, so are all my EA steam games) , i am free to keep hammering on this one problem that has not been fixed since the time of the dinosaurs. It`s great that there is a new version out which might be amazing (don`t know, core.exe) but silencing people who are still concerned if this will ever be fixed, is not going to magically take the problem away. If you can`t handle that, you`re free to not read any of my posts.

* edit, tried beta 8 on my gf`s laptop and yes, it is great fun. Feels alot like beta 3/4 to be honest. I have alot more trust in the bike during braking, and can really ride it more agressively now.
Overall the 500 & the 990 feel alot more agile and willing to respond to small inputs. This Beta definitely feels like a step forward to being alot less frustrating, as the behaviour of the bike makes alot more sense.  Congratulations PiBoSo, for the first time in literally years i`m actually having fun again....

-aGy-

i come back when online issues have been fixed. i just have bad feeling that it never get fixed but i hope i am wrong. wrong wrong wrong.
by the way why italian game makers cant make game with good ai or netcode..? instead of just hotlapping alone like assetto corsa..ac was good at first but then i realize that they never get ai to drive like they should..and collision with another players its f....d up.

Docfumi

February 19, 2016, 11:04:13 AM #69 Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:06:43 AM by Docfumi
Good work Piboso and crew  ;D, makes me look forward to the MotoGP Mod.
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

dareaper46

Game feels good. Bikes feel good. Its just a shame that I get core.exe. I waited for quite some time for this beta with hopes of things like the core.exe being fixed but :(.

On the plus side it seems I have a 100% chance of getting into servers so far without being stuck on "connected".

Can I just ask... How are we going to host events and participate in them when core.exe's are still such a big problem? Not flaming, just asking.

I also understand a lot of the frustration in this forum with things as simple as just the game running without crashes(As I think that can be almost the most frustrating problem of an EA game for most people), as I am also very frustrated but I guess I have paid the money and moaning about it won't help anything. I just hope that Piboso reads and hears what we have to say about things that can make this game even better.

Other than the game not working majority of the time. It feels good :D

dareaper46

Are core.exe crashes directly linked to DS Tracks? Or is core.exe origin still unknown to all living things?

doubledragoncc

I get core.exe crashes even on NDS tracks offline bro so it is not just online or DS tracks

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: dareaper46 on February 19, 2016, 11:21:39 AM
Are core.exe crashes directly linked to DS Tracks? Or is core.exe origin still unknown to all living things?

90% of the Core errors seem to be caused by the Dynamic Data being shared out hence our events are restricted mainly to NDS (Non Dynamic Surface) events. Generally they are OK.

!!! In my lowly opinion PiBoSo really should go back to the Beta 6c NDS Victoria.  It is HURTING the game as far as new players and old whingers go  :D !!!!!!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

dareaper46

Sheeeeeet :/. I honestly don't understand it. Why won't Piboso listen to us? I applaud him for his hard work considering this game and what it is/has become, but really? How long has it been? How long has the community gone on and on and on about this issue. I am sure 99% of us would prefer that Piboso put everything aside(with GPBikes), and work on the core.exe?

Yet again, not flaming.

This is the best bike game :D .... When it works ;)