• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 11:19:44 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta8

Started by PiBoSo, February 18, 2016, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Its kinda easy to increase the smoke but the stock bikes aren't showing any so that's an issue for @PiBoSo I would think.

I made my 'Smoke Mod' for the very reason of seeing a lot on the grid at the start of the 125 ITA champ races but the replays don't show more than a guff at most. Very disappointing lol.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Cant find that one from Nick? Nick can we get the mod still though matey? Wheres your video?

DOH DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Warlock on February 29, 2016, 09:35:14 PM
Can you imagine a full grid with all that smoke going on?  lol ;D
Insta-cancer for all :)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 29, 2016, 09:45:32 PM
Cant find that one from Nick? Nick can we get the mod still though matey? Wheres your video?

DOH DD

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1075.msg46813#msg46813

There mate. It can be modded again for sure but it may not work if PiBoSo has not enabled the smoke again for Beta 8???
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Okay thanks mate.

BTW I found the 990 BAD paint VTR Gui Cramer rc990.pnt I posted it in MODS section

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 29, 2016, 10:24:13 PM
Okay thanks mate.

BTW I found the 990 BAD paint VTR Gui Cramer rc990.pnt I posted it in MODS section

DD

Sorry but ...no, this paint works well  ;D

doubledragoncc

OKAY then it proves that certain paints on certain systems cause a problem as it is BAD on mine everytime, 10 tests run with and without it.
It could however be that 2 paints conflict with each other which is another matter

I can only give test results for my PC then and everyone must do it for themselves lol

DD

Warlock

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 29, 2016, 09:45:51 PM
Insta-cancer for all :)

Hahaha ;D

Quote from: Hawk on February 29, 2016, 09:41:56 PM
Haha! That would be SO funny, especially when the lights turned green and you get that big pile-up with bits of bikes and riders flying in all directions out of the smoke!  ;D
Hawk.

lol so true, thats a 'must see', i would pay for a screenshot  ;D

Stout Johnson

March 01, 2016, 06:25:03 AM #188 Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 06:31:40 AM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: HornetMaX on February 29, 2016, 06:10:40 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 29, 2016, 06:05:35 PM
Whats happened to the zorst smoke whaaaaaa  :'(
I'm sure Hawk is convinced that Honda has something to do with the smoke being gone in GPB  ;D
LOL  ;D

Concerning the difference in smoke visible between 3rd person and replay: Could it maybe be due to the graphics engine blending out more or less irrelevant graphical entities in replay mode in order to keep performance high? Sort of like depth of view ... just guessing ... is the smoke possibly more visible if one would be zooming in on one bike in replay?
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Napalm Nick

I'm sure you are right about the replay getting rid of as much unnecessary data as possible to keep it smooth but again, I don't like it.

If I remember from the time I eagerly went to watch the race replay I did just about everything to find the smoke but only an almost invisible puff was the best I could find. Funny though cos actually on the grid in real time I was making a good old fog  (but no-one else seemed to be). ? Odd.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on March 01, 2016, 06:25:03 AM
Concerning the difference in smoke visible between 3rd person and replay: Could it maybe be due to the graphics engine blending out more or less irrelevant graphical entities in replay mode in order to keep performance high? Sort of like depth of view ... just guessing ... is the smoke possibly more visible if one would be zooming in on one bike in replay?
Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 01, 2016, 08:18:35 AM
If I remember from the time I eagerly went to watch the race replay I did just about everything to find the smoke but only an almost invisible puff was the best I could find. Funny though cos actually on the grid in real time I was making a good old fog  (but no-one else seemed to be). ? Odd.
If in the replay we see absolutely no smoke then yes, it may be that the smoke info is not saved in replays.

But Nick seems to say that he sees a tiny bit of smoke in the replay: this indicates the info is saved in the replay file. If that's true, it should show exactly the same amount of smoke as when watching live.

Would be nice to have a video with two parts (one captured live, the one captured from the replay of the *same* live part). It could be an easy bug.

Napalm Nick

I will try to sort this out soon. I'm reasonably sure I saw a puff in the race replay but I do remember having to check it two or 3 times before resigning to disappointment lol.

Will do a B7 and a B8  Realtime/replay comparisons if there is a difference (if there is ANY smoke in B8?).

I know, its not an important issue, but I suppose if we are discussing this stuff now the game is going in the right direction generally  :)

HornetMaX

No need for complex stuff: go on the bike (3rd person view), start video capture, whip the throttle a few times, stop recording, save replay, go to replay, orbit camera (more or less same pos a 3rd person view), start video capture, watch it, done.
Not sure there's a need to do it with B7.

Napalm Nick

I wont, unless there is No smoke in B8 lol

doubledragoncc

I HAD smoke in beta8 as I did a test lap when the new version of A1 was released for the race and I turned around at turn 1 to have another go at getting it right and in the replay there was smoke, not much but deffinately there. That was the first and last I saw of it lol.

DD