• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 07:39:28 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta5

Started by PiBoSo, June 20, 2014, 05:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

FFS! How is this possible? Everything is there but it wont launch.. Core.exe is missing? What?

WALKEN

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 21, 2014, 01:52:36 AM
FFS! How is this possible? Everything is there but it wont launch.. Core.exe is missing? What?

Bob,

Go to where you installed beta 4b (guessing C drive) copy and paste the GPBikes folder to a flash drive and save your "GPBikes beta4b install file" on the same flash drive. Then install Beta5 and go to the beta 5 directory and replace the needed files...

This way all you have to do to return to what once was before you messed with it, is to copy and paste files from the flash drive after reinstalling beta4b if you want. see what I mean?

Like Hornet said- "Transfer your license.ini, global.ini anf profiles folder from the beta4 data dir to the beta5 one"   So basically you would be transfering your profile folder from the flash drive to your fresh beta5 GPBikes directory/folder in C drive, get it?   

Hope that isn't confusing? 
Help me, help you!

BOBR6 84

Quote from: WALKEN on June 21, 2014, 04:58:12 AM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 21, 2014, 01:52:36 AM

Bob,

Go to where you installed beta 4b (guessing C drive) copy and paste the GPBikes folder to a flash drive and save your "GPBikes beta4b install file" on the same flash drive. Then install Beta5 and go to the beta 5 directory and replace the needed files...

This way all you have to do to return to what once was before you messed with it, is to copy and paste files from the flash drive after reinstalling beta4b if you want. see what I mean?

Like Hornet said- "Transfer your license.ini, global.ini anf profiles folder from the beta4 data dir to the beta5 one"   So basically you would be transfering your profile folder from the flash drive to your fresh beta5 GPBikes directory/folder in C drive, get it?   

Hope that isn't confusing?

makes perfect sense!

but its too late.. i screwed everything up!

basicly i thought enough of this il delete everything and make a fresh start..

but now.. when i download beta5, it wont run at all..? its searching for core.exe

also documents/piboso is empty.. only WRS remains

janaucarre

Bob:
i has the same problem and it happened because the antivirus blocked the core.exe without saying anything. So, stop your antivirus when you install beta5 and all will be good.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on June 21, 2014, 06:15:44 AM
Cons: I can't get any MOD bike to work.
Mod bikes need a few minor changes to work with beta5. I tried one and it worked OK (after the changes).

But I can't get default bikes to work if I have the full bike copied. All the files, from the bikes.pkz. Even the default bikes if I have them in the bikes folder if I go to track, I hear a windows alert, GP Bike then crashes when I hit enter a few times. If I have just the Paints folder, and the camera.cfg (Camera file so I can have track auto-zoom) file from them defaults bikes folder they will work.
Definitely working for me, with bikes.pkz expanded or not, with all the paints. Strange ... try  to cleanup everything and reinstall ?

MaX.

janaucarre

Why copying the older basics bikes?
They are in the new bikes.pkz.
Or i don't have understand anything.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: janaucarre on June 21, 2014, 08:00:53 AM
Bob:
i has the same problem and it happened because the antivirus blocked the core.exe without saying anything. So, stop your antivirus when you install beta5 and all will be good.

thankyou  :)

Alibaskins

Même si sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien, sans puissance, la maîtrise ne fait pas tout !

PiBoSo

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Klax75

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 21, 2014, 08:02:38 AM
Cons: I can't get any MOD bike to work.
Mod bikes need a few minor changes to work with beta5. I tried one and it worked OK (after the changes).

But I can't get default bikes to work if I have the full bike copied. All the files, from the bikes.pkz. Even the default bikes if I have them in the bikes folder if I go to track, I hear a windows alert, GP Bike then crashes when I hit enter a few times. If I have just the Paints folder, and the camera.cfg (Camera file so I can have track auto-zoom) file from them defaults bikes folder they will work.
Definitely working for me, with bikes.pkz expanded or not, with all the paints. Strange ... try  to cleanup everything and reinstall ?

MaX.

Ok, I got it working redid my profiles and now the default bikes load when unzipped. :)

Still need to figure out, or hope it fixed soon. In helmet view the rider is sitting noticeably higher. :/

Hawk

Quote from: Abigor on June 20, 2014, 11:59:45 PM
Well..... sorry but no........Beta 4 was very close to perfect......this beta is not......the is no way in hell that the bike is nervous like that and wheelies midcorner like that...... it's not real physics........ i'm your biggest fan PiBoSo but right now i don't know what to say  :'(

Sorry Abigor, I totally disagree. I used to see watch Barry Sheene pull wheelies regular while banked over in a corner while practicing for events, it's not something he would normally do in a serious race, but he was clowning around for the crowd at the time.

I managed to find a video of a corner wheelie for you(Watch from 4:00):
http://www.youtube.com/v/aXR8Df_Bml0

Hope this helps mate.  ;)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 21, 2014, 08:56:03 AM
Quote from: Abigor on June 20, 2014, 11:59:45 PM
Well..... sorry but no........Beta 4 was very close to perfect......this beta is not......the is no way in hell that the bike is nervous like that and wheelies midcorner like that...... it's not real physics........ i'm your biggest fan PiBoSo but right now i don't know what to say  :'(

Sorry Abigor, I totally disagree. I used to see watch Barry Sheene pull wheelies regular while banked over in a corner while practicing for events, it's not something he would normally do in a serious race, but he was clowning around for the crowd at the time.

I managed to find a video of a corner wheelie for you(Watch from 4:00):
http://www.youtube.com/v/aXR8Df_Bml0

Hope this helps mate.  ;)

Hawk.

+1  ;)

played it for 10mins and i think its great! deffinately different.. love the rpm change when you crank it over.. sexy!! handlebar input has changed, better or worse im not sure yet? all in all some nice subtle changes i think!

i reckon its opened a few more doors anyway..  ;)

i have an issue with avast!! cant run gpbikes at all with avast on! only with it off.. soon as i turn it on gpbikes wont start again!

Hawk

June 21, 2014, 09:31:46 AM #57 Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 09:41:18 AM by Hawk_UK
I'm seeing a few guys saying they are having problems with getting beta5 to work or get core.exe's........

I totally wiped GPB beta4b off my system(Bikes, tracks(probably didn't need to delete these), everything except the paints folders of the bikes I wanted to keep), including deleting the documents/Piboso folder(setups profile everything) and did a totally fresh reinstall. I have no problems whatsoever when starting or running GPB so far.

Still got to get used to and form a final judgement on the physics as there is a big change in the 500cc bike characteristics, but my initial impression after many laps is that for some reason the front end is very nervous and likely to break away in slow corners for no good reasons, but on fast bends the front does seem stable. Testing bike was the Varese 500cc using auto rider.

So my first impressions are that overall handling characteristics for me personally seem to have been improved immensely, with just one exception that the front end is very nervous(even more nervous than beta4b) in slow bends while leaning over. I will continue to test for a few days to properly get used to the changes before making a final overall judgement.

Hawk.

PS: Just a note for the guys who are having probs with their anti virus software: I'm using Free AVG antivirus software and I'm having NO problems running GPB at all.

BOBR6 84

June 21, 2014, 09:38:16 AM #58 Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 09:40:26 AM by BOBR6 84
Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 21, 2014, 09:31:46 AM
I'm seeing a few guys saying they are having problems with getting beta5 to work or get core.exe's........

I totally wiped GPB beta4b off my system(Bikes, tracks(probably didn't need to delete these), everything except the paints folders of the bikes I wanted to keep), including deleting the documents/Piboso folder(setups profile everything) and did a totally fresh reinstall. I have no problems whatsoever when starting or running GPB so far.

Still got to get used to and form a final judgement on the physics as there is a big change in the 500cc bike characteristics, but my initial impression after many laps is that for some reason the front end is very nervous and likely to break away in slow corners for no good reasons, but on fast bends the front does seem stable. Testing bike was the Varese 500cc using auto rider.

So my first impressions are that overall handling characteristics for me personally seem to have been improved immensely, with just one exception that the front end is very nervous(even more nervous than beta4b) in slow bends while leaning over.

Hawk.

100% agree! slow corners... maybe he left the door open for an adjustable steering damper??  ;D

ps. i did exactly the same, fresh install! its just that Avast blocks the core.exe!

im not sure how to get around it?

EDIT: il try AVG.. do you have a link?

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 21, 2014, 09:38:16 AM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 21, 2014, 09:31:46 AM

So my first impressions are that overall handling characteristics for me personally seem to have been improved immensely, with just one exception that the front end is very nervous(even more nervous than beta4b) in slow bends while leaning over.

Hawk.

100% agree! slow corners... maybe he left the door open for an adjustable steering damper??  ;D

ps. i did exactly the same, fresh install! its just that Avast blocks the core.exe!

im not sure how to get around it?

EDIT: il try AVG.. do you have a link?

Usually antivirus software enables you make an exception for a program you want the anti virus software to ignore.

AVG free antivirus link: http://free.avg.com/gb-en/homepage

Hawk.