• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 02:58:13 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta5

Started by PiBoSo, June 20, 2014, 05:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikekimi

Quote from: JamoZ on June 21, 2014, 02:16:19 PM
Quote from: _oDi_ on June 21, 2014, 02:10:22 PM
Quote from: vin97 on June 21, 2014, 02:05:25 PM

I tested with the 990 on Aragon.

Aragon is certainly not the circuit more suitable for testing the physics

I test every new beta on Victoria, that`s the smoothest track we have and i have driven it so much i instantly feel any changes to the bike ;)
I think so. When I ran the Nurburgring Nordschleife, I found this track is very bumpy. Feel it is similar to the model with Rfactor track.
welcome to SRFC!

HornetMaX

Testing (at lest initial one, to asses the new beta) = Victoria (and default bikes of course).

End of story.

Max.

Abigor

Quote from: JamoZ on June 21, 2014, 02:08:10 PM
Ok, i can live with all the new quirks & changes. Probably just a matter of getting used to it. BUT, there is definatly something fishy going on with the front wheel. on the 990 & 500 it now acts like it did on some of the bad tracks in tight corners. The front wheels starts to jump around at low speeds and will fall away when you accelerate out of the corners. This seems like a major step back from Beta 4 and i doubt it`s just a setup thing. I`m sure i`m not the only one noticing this...
+1000.......front Wheel jump at low speed in corner.......too much wobbles and bike wheelie TOO MUCH.

Hawk

Quote from: JamoZ on June 21, 2014, 02:08:10 PM
Ok, i can live with all the new quirks & changes. Probably just a matter of getting used to it. BUT, there is definatly something fishy going on with the front wheel. on the 990 & 500 it now acts like it did on some of the bad tracks in tight corners. The front wheels starts to jump around at low speeds and will fall away when you accelerate out of the corners. This seems like a major step back from Beta 4 and i doubt it`s just a setup thing. I`m sure i`m not the only one noticing this...

I absolutely agree JamoZ, there is something not right with the front end in slow corners. It feels very nervous compared to beta 4, and it wasn't good in beta 4 either, but the front end is even worse now in beta 5.
Having said that I feel the front end is tracking better during faster turns and the rest of the handling changes are a great improvement on beta 4b.

Hawk.

dibu

June 21, 2014, 03:05:36 PM #94 Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 03:07:41 PM by dibu
Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 21, 2014, 02:51:20 PM
Is there some problems with updating the servers to beta 5 or are the server admins waiting for something before going back online?
All my servers are beta5 since yesterday evening but you have to wait until PiBoSo switches the master server to beta5.

Until the bike MOD is not beta5 ready I'll run only servers with default bikes.

Hawk

Quote from: dibu on June 21, 2014, 03:05:36 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 21, 2014, 02:51:20 PM
Is there some problems with updating the servers to beta 5 or are the server admins waiting for something before going back online?
All my servers are beta5 since yesterday evening but you have to wait until PiBoSo switches the master server to beta5.

Until the bike MOD is not beta5 ready I'll run only servers with default bikes.

Hi Dibu.

Thanks for that. At least we now know it's not a problem at our end.

Thanks for the update on the situation... Much appreciated mate.  ;) ;D

Hawk.

Vini

But the problem is, most tracks are not nearly as smooth as Victoria, which means that you have a bike that is good on one track and crap on all others.

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on June 21, 2014, 03:17:51 PM
But the problem is, most tracks are not nearly as smooth as Victoria, which means that you have a bike that is good on one track and crap on all others.
Victoria is GPB default track, the only track provided by Piboso. It is only fair to judge the physics on that track.
If it's good on Victoria and bad elsewhere, it's the other tracks that need to be adapted.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

some things i noticed so far..

brakes feel nice, good feel!
throttle response, more responsive/delicate.. better!
lean angle RPM.. Awesome!
engine braking feels more effective..
engine has more mid range torque or feels like it does..
bike feels lighter overall, turns better!

for me thats why it wheelies easier and feels unstable.. in a good way in my opinion!

feels like the built in ''steering damper'' has been backed off a little bit? id like to see it replaced with an adjustable one  :)

i think its shaking around and washing out more on slow corners because of the higher RPM with the tyre radius fix.. so the front goes lighter than it did before!

so yeah im happy with it so far! just really want that steering damper lol :P

dibu

The dedicated servers have a nice new feature, they autodetect all installed bike categories. Thanks PiBoSo, very useful. :)
Could you please update the 'Dedicated server' thread in the Documentation section?

Daniel_F

i had similar feeling when i was playing around with tyres and switched the grip from 1 to 10 in the file.. bike behaviour was like is now

C21

QuoteOdi I tried before in TS with Ale in various circuits, the wobbles are exaggerated, the problem is that these continue in the straight and become too much, you' fall. for us this have to be fixed quickly, it corrupts the game experience too much.
and i agree that front rear in slow corners is not stable and vibrate too much.
But, i repeat, other than these big problem, general idea of physics is improved
Only did a Short Test (was more looking into the change of Files between 4b and 5) and i can copy this Statement.
Tested 125cc only for a few laps.
Besides the mentioned Things Above i'm really satisfied.
V/max seems more realistic now although Engine power and aero was Not changed looking into cfg.
How is this improvement achieved?
125cc is a Bit difficult to Drive now... Front end Loss midcorner happen more often than  in beta4b.
More Tests will follow (with Mod Bikes to See how they behave) - i use only Victoria as Test Track because it's Piboso's Default track.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

GhostdogNL

i deleted the beta4 and installed beta5 ..but now it tells me that my cd key is not right ?

GhostdogNL

Ow wait it works ...DONT COPY AND PASTE THE KEY IN YOURE GAME  ;D :P 8)

Klax75

I may delay Bike MOD 1.85, since right now MOD Bikes are working. I don't want to change any authors works. But there is still a lot of time until the 1st when 1.85 would be released. :) So hopefully things can get sorted out.