• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 10:14:15 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[BIKE] KTM RC8R *PHYSICS UPDATE*

Started by camillozockt, July 25, 2014, 04:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlock

Ok , in my opinion the bike is too easy to ride, you can abuse it all you want, what is not the real thing in a big Vtwin. Also wheeling is needed, a powerfull bike like this should wheelie with no hesitation in first , second gear at least.
Bike is fun to slide, but you ride with the feeling of an arcade game, Fun to make videos though  ;D

I must say i'm not in favor of fake data to build the physics. Build them by feel is a quite subjetive matter. But maybe at some point this things can help Piboso in some way to get the real data to work better, so keep on the work  :)

Some slides and a 360º  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/v/NvUSfcjq11s

Tom HWK

Quote from: Warlock on August 06, 2014, 02:30:52 AM
Some slides and a 360º  ;D

That was a 360º Travis Pastrana would be proud of :P

rodney007

Lol nice 360 haha!

Check out my recent post to see what I have changed. I think you will be happy  ;D

Thanks for the feedback guys appreciate it.

Hawk

Wow! Amazing 360 deg spin there Warlock! I've never seen that done before..... JamoZ will have to ani-gif that one as your party piece! Lol  ;D 8)

Hawk.

PeterV

LOL, i knew he was a former ballet hero....nice one m8.

camillozockt

Okay, v1.2 is updated here are the changes...

Lowered overall grip (front and rear)
-Bike is easier to loose traction during lean when on throttle, significantly more throttle control is
needed in order to find the "sweet spot" and not over use/heat or slide the tire.

Tire wear
-Corrected grip of the front tire and wear factors, harder braking into corners will cause heat and excessive wear
of the front tire. Balance this to save grip for the last laps of a race.

Braking
-Braking more than 20% in lean will cause the front wheel to lock (lowside), this requires strong initial braking
and then a smooth ease off the brake into the corner.

Weight
-Bike weight has been reconfigured which implicates the suspension and how the bike wheelies

Front end
-Further reduced wobble (95% gone) and a more stable front end overall.

Wheelie
-Bike is significantly easier to wheelie and allows for some nice ones coming out of corners

Engine
-Engine torque significantly increased and shifted more to low and mid areas. Horsepower peaks earlier
drops off at higher rpms as that of a V-Twin engine.

JJS209

August 06, 2014, 12:22:04 PM #111 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 01:52:29 PM by JJS209
nice, ill try it now. a performance diagramm would be very nice ;)

€:
ok i tryed it and biggest thing for me is that the bike is now nearly all the time lowsiding when its in slow corners.

i used different suspensionsettings. the default, then all values middle also preload, then low bump and high rebound, high and low frontspring...
i am all over lowsiding when the bike is in slow corners e.g. 1st double left after start/finish in laguna.

breaking is more or less only possible when rider full up on straight.
very sensitive and difficult for me to break into corners in comparison to GP1000 or GP500 bikes.

rodney007

Quote from: JJS209 on August 06, 2014, 12:22:04 PM
nice, ill try it now. a performance diagramm would be very nice ;)

€:
ok i tryed it and biggest thing for me is that the bike is now nearly all the time lowsiding when its in slow corners.

i used different suspensionsettings. the default, then all values middle also preload, then low bump and high rebound, high and low frontspring...
i am all over lowsiding when the bike is in slow corners e.g. 1st double left after start/finish in laguna.

breaking is more or less only possible when rider full up on straight.
very sensitive and difficult for me to break into corners in comparison to GP1000 or GP500 bikes.

It is hard but try to do most of your braking in straight line then "ease off" into the corner, it does allow for breaking when leaning
but not as much as default bikes of GP-Bikes. As I said less than 20%,

Try a bit more... if others agree its too aggressive it can be adjusted easily.

JJS209

ok rodney but what is it with the front end in the slow corners? that the bigger problem for me.

rodney007

Quote from: JJS209 on August 06, 2014, 02:29:23 PM
ok rodney but what is it with the front end in the slow corners? that the bigger problem for me.

Hmmn personally I am not getting low-side unless I brake too much, however I will test more tomorrow (almost 3 am here)

JamoZ

Quick first impressions ;

The bike feels alot more alive overall, it wobbles here and there but in a very realistic and predictable manner and also the engine has that little bit more bite it needed to make it more challenging.
The problem with the front wasn`t really a issue for me as i`ve always braked in the way Rodney explained, so i didn`t really need to adapt. However i think the angle/limit on which the front wheel blocks and goes away during braking might be increased just a tiny bit, maybe 5% but if this doesn`t happen it wouldn`t be a big issue.

The only problem i`ve ran into in the 10 laps i was doing on Laguna Seca, was that the rear wheel would slide away from under me during accelerating in 2/3rd gear in a strange way. Like i had grease or oil on my back wheel, or a very worn tire. Could this be due to not getting enough heat into the tires to start gripping? Because i wasn`t really giving it my 100% and more just paying attention to the bike behaviour overall.

Other than that, i would say this bike is damn close to being one of the best mods we have so far for GP bikes ;)

Klax75

In DST, I'm having a issue after like 2 laps at Silverstone the tires are shot. As if I had done 20-30 laps on them. :/

BOBR6 84

August 06, 2014, 08:22:41 PM #117 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:57:27 PM by BOBR6 84
Quote from: JamoZ on August 06, 2014, 07:43:59 PM
Quick first impressions ;

The bike feels alot more alive overall, it wobbles here and there but in a very realistic and predictable manner and also the engine has that little bit more bite it needed to make it more challenging.
The problem with the front wasn`t really a issue for me as i`ve always braked in the way Rodney explained, so i didn`t really need to adapt. However i think the angle/limit on which the front wheel blocks and goes away during braking might be increased just a tiny bit, maybe 5% but if this doesn`t happen it wouldn`t be a big issue.

The only problem i`ve ran into in the 10 laps i was doing on Laguna Seca, was that the rear wheel would slide away from under me during accelerating in 2/3rd gear in a strange way. Like i had grease or oil on my back wheel, or a very worn tire. Could this be due to not getting enough heat into the tires to start gripping? Because i wasn`t really giving it my 100% and more just paying attention to the bike behaviour overall.

Other than that, i would say this bike is damn close to being one of the best mods we have so far for GP bikes ;)

100% agree with all of that...

cheers hawk  ;D

BOBR6 84

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 06, 2014, 08:24:09 PM
f*#ked that up completely.. ^^  ::)

Lol..... It's easily done.  :)

You can edit your post to put it right by clicking on the "Modify" tab near the "Quote" tab of your post above.  ;)

Hawk.