• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 04:13:26 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Reduction in Graphics quality in Online play

Started by Napalm Nick, May 24, 2016, 08:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on May 25, 2016, 11:28:31 AM
Its the main reason i avoid their stuff and stick with the green team and the more 'classic' driver solution.
I moved to the green side recently for the very same reason, but I have to point out that even the greens have their fair share of driver-related issues.

When you install a new version it keeps quite a lot of the old drivers and/or geforce experience stuff in a folder, in case you want to roll back.
The problem is that after a year and a bunch of updates, you have multiple GB of useless crap on your disk.
As a workaround, they allow you to do a "clean install": this solves the issue, but at the price of losing all your configuration (game specific profiles, geforce experience settings etc).

Yawn ...

Napalm Nick

I was a die hard nVidia man until faced with reams of products failing with 2-3 years (even if that is an lifetime in GPU land). Made the switch and never looked back really. Very happy with the hardware (touch wood).
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

I had a failing 4850. Not too sad, as it was a nice excuse to upgrade to a 6850 :)
Reliability-wise, I doubt there's a big gap between greens and reds. It's mostly a price/performance battle.

Napalm Nick

Talking from experience during the golden age of chip delamination, failures (all not just chip delam) started to run at 24 per hundred over 3 years (which is HUGE!) and was beginning to impact my business confidence. Switching to AMD stamped that out quite quickly especially as their comparable buy-in costs (bang per buck) plummeted a few years back and NVidia were slow to respond.
Of course, I expect them to be on an even par again now but us humans do like to hold on to what we know and like. :)

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

On the subject of GPB and graphics but not quite this. If I am streaming and need to use my other screen it turns closes down the GPB screen and effects the stream. Is there a way to stop this from happening besides having it windowed(reduces stream quality)???

Sorry to be OT but this might be a graphics setting answer?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

Was just on Silverstone, 180 in pits before now with 11 bikes only 100, in the pits!!!! NOT with the bikes even near me. Then cored!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.