• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 05:24:57 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Beta 8 Event 1 | Murasama Cup race | 3 Day event | WINNER - DAVIDE74 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, February 19, 2016, 11:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

February 21, 2016, 08:52:02 PM #165 Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:56:27 PM by Hawk
Sorry for all the guys who jump started or cored out, but  I had a great race..... Pretty consistent and actually got 3rd place in the end.... I'm well pleased with that!  ;D 8)

There seems to be a problem with the gear selector too on the muarasama; many times I changed down gears only to find I'm still in a higher gear than I should be.

But all in all for me it was a good day at the office. Lol.

Congrats to David for the win, well done mate!  ;) 8)

Hawk
PS: Is there a replay..... I Looked at Piboso's doc about it and it showed 10 for 10MB, I though he must've changed the figure for the replay buffer so I put 300 in for 300MB and it only recorded like 5 mins.  ::)  >:(
What figure do you put in for the replay buffer Nick?

Napalm Nick

Thanks MMA.
So you can also see not many jumpstarts but only another 3 who leave near start.  From 20 that aint bad.  Never stop because their MIGHT be a restart.  I have done it too but don't lol.

If anyone is interested in my story I fell from 2nd position, as usual , same old story I could of written that result before we started haha!

OK I will make another post for tomorrow Race Re-run. Pls sign up so I know you are coming.

For those who Cored out please give it another chance for the simple fact that server was on solid for 3 days holding session data and to be honest it did pretty well I think?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PeterV

well it went oke apart from 2 or 3 falls and an automatic Alt-Tab which brought me to the desktop which send me into the barriers :(

other then that a very consistent (slow) pace :P
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For people having trouble standing still at the start:

Profile.ini Documentation

To disable the automatic brake ( proportional to track slope ) that is applied during the sighting lap and race starting procedure.

[aids]
autobrake = 0

* i set this too 1 and the bike did not move an inch in gear or neutral.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk on February 21, 2016, 08:52:02 PM
Sorry for all the guys who jump started or cored out, but  I had a great race..... Pretty consistent and actually got 3rd place in the end.... I'm well pleased with that!  ;D 8)
There seems to be a problem with the gear selector too on the muarasama; many times I changed down gears only to find I'm still in a higher gear than I should be.
Hawk
PS: Is there a replay..... I Looked at Piboso's doc about it and it showed 10 for 10MB, I though he must've changed the figure for the replay buffer so I put 300 in for 300MB and it only recorded like 15 mins.  ::)  >:(

Yes well done Hawkster!!

The gears thing has been also reported in the B8 thread.

For some reason I can now only get 500Mb on the server where B7 I could get 999Mb. I was going to save it on my PC but I cored at the finish (after pressing ESC). I will see what we have.

Peter - bloody good point about the brake mate.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Apart from an abysmal first 6 laps i quite enjoyed that ;D

Dunno what happened at the start but i manged to get up to 4th! Then only to crash and have to wait for the whole grid to go past :'( ::)

Well done to everyone who finished and congratulations to Davide on the win :D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Blackheart

Quote from: Blackheart on February 21, 2016, 08:02:59 PM
i see a strange lag  ???

Davide was in front me but I saw him moving in a strange way, as in the last video of vin ... I think there are problems.  :-\

@Nick Really I was warned that there were problems on the server ... in fact then I took the core at the first corner (I was in front of you so you saw me ...)  :-\

PeterV

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 21, 2016, 08:55:34 PM

For some reason I can now only get 500Mb on the server where B7 I could get 999Mb. I was going to save it on my PC but I cored at the finish (after pressing ESC). I will see what we have.

i had set replay too 500mb as well and i think i saved it let me check

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 21, 2016, 08:55:34 PM
Quote from: Hawk on February 21, 2016, 08:52:02 PM
Hawk
PS: Is there a replay..... I Looked at Piboso's doc about it and it showed 10 for 10MB, I though he must've changed the figure for the replay buffer so I put 300 in for 300MB and it only recorded like 15 mins.  ::)  >:(

Yes well done Hawkster!!

The gears thing has been also reported in the B8 thread.

Peter - bloody good point about the brake mate.

Okay.... I wait in hope mate. Thanks for that, Nick.   ;) 8)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

OK maybe that change Piboso made to the replay file was correct because the server has a whopping 1.3Gb replay file on it haha!

I will have to check it and chop it up if it is more than the race then compress it and post a link  8)

Blackheart

No offense but all the best riders have had the core.exe in the start... it was not a great first race, let's be honest.

Before the race I jokingly said 12 cores ... I have almost guessed it.  ::)

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 21, 2016, 09:05:57 PM
OK maybe that change Piboso made to the replay file was correct because the server has a whopping 1.3Gb replay file on it haha!

I will have to check it and chop it up if it is more than the race then compress it and post a link  8)

Wow! Hehe.

Now I'm confused at the current replay buffer setting parameters...... I put in 300 which should be 300MB which should surely be good for more than 5 mins?  :-\

Anyway... Brilliant news about the replay file.... Thanks mate!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

PeterV

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 21, 2016, 09:05:57 PM

i got the replay Nick, the whole race is saved its about 33 min long, ill post a link shortly

doubledragoncc

Thanks for the fun guys, it was great to spend the first time in 6 years online racing to be with you all.
BUT!!!.....................First race in 6 years and...................................WTF is with all the problems?

First I DID get online all the time so that was not to bad and no cores..............until 20secs before the start of the  race sitting in the pitlane I got a core.exe???

Okay got back in just intime to get to the grid.

Sitting there with my clutch lever all the way to the grip and knowing in the pitlane when I put it in gear the bike dont move right, well not on the starting grid!!! Clutch fully engaged and waiting for the countdown to stop, pop it into gear and the fuckin bike starts creeping forward!!! No problem green light is there and we are off...............

Lap 5 coming up the start finish straight I suddenly end up in the pits????WTF

Sit there wondering WTF and check in chat...............says Im disqualified as I had a drive through for a jump start WTF I did NOT jump start, GPBikes makes the bloody bike creep if using the clutch it seems, therefore I got a jump start and did not know it, this needs fixing for clutch users or is it one of those one off things??? I aint happy as it ruined my race. I will admit I do not know how you are informed if this happens but I saw no warning???

2 times my front just folded for no bloody reason as it has never happened where it did and on one time I could not reset my bike for 27 seconds!!!

So I am not a happy bunny for those reasons and the clutch point needs to be fixed asap.

My other gripe is the timing in qualification. I dropped the bike and then carried on my lap giving me a 1.48.281................EVERY lap after that was the same figure and I did not crash, I also was on hard tires and R2 mapping, went in the garage put on Qually tires and used qually mapping and still had exactly 1.48.281 laps every time. FOR 8 LAPS!!!
Checked the reply and timed my laps, I had a 1.38 and a 1.36 that did not get read, this needs fixing too. I run regular 1.39 to 1.37 as I still dont really know the track and the settings were new to me but I was not running bloody 1.48's!!!

OTHERWISE it was great fun, congrats David and thanks to you all for a great few hours of real fun.

I am finally over my shyness of racing and hope to see you all more often.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Blackheart on February 21, 2016, 09:09:09 PM
No offense but all the best riders have had the core.exe in the start... it was not a great first race, let's be honest.

Before the race I jokingly said 12 cores ... I have almost guessed it.  ::)

No mate not brilliant but I think 4 out of 20 fail to start because of core is only a small tragedy. Of course easier for me to say as I dint get one   :)

DD - yes its good innit!  ;D Come more you get used to it hehe! Oh seriously though the ridethrough thing is a known bug. Don't worry it will all be sorted for V1. ;)

PeterV