• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 11:28:55 PM

SCREENSHOTS GP BIKES

Started by Docfumi, August 27, 2013, 10:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stout Johnson

Quote from: iVolution on January 18, 2014, 07:39:58 PM
Yes agree 100%. It will be hard though keeping the bikes competitive and not having everybody choose the same bike because it is faster/handles better.

It's a valid point, but I tend to disagree here.... if we would be able to produce realistic physics every bike would have its pros and cons. An M1 for example would have its advantages on a handling course and a rcv213 would have its advantages on a course where you can take advantage of the power... so in a championship it would be very interesting, which bikes people would choose - it would be quite heterogeneous I think depending on the preferences of each and every rider. I would even go as far as assuming that some might even pick a bike that is a bit less competitive like a GP12 because they simply like the looks of that bike or because they are a Ducati enthusiast.

So the field will look heterogeneous enough I think and having different bike physics would make it so much more interesting to drive all those different bikes, at least that's my humble oppinion ;)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Toomes1

I think stout has hit the nail on the head, this is really the only direction the modders need to go in, using the m1 for its corner attributes and feeling confident but then having to really throttle up quick cause you know that bloody Honda is now ready to chew your butt down that straight...GOD BLESS ALL MODDERS (for this direction).

C21

January 18, 2014, 09:44:25 PM #152 Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 09:52:33 PM by C21
It is Not that difficult to do that. But it should be as close to Real as possible and that's the difficult Point. No One i know of has ever ridden a MotoGP in Real Life. Some can Tell how a Superbike Feel.
I can only speak for myself: Right now it is Easy to make the Engines of each bike, so you can Feel the difference in terms of Maximum power and powerband. We can give each Bike a different brake style. BUT they will all handle the Same due to the same Geometry we right now still have to use. We making Progress in understanding the geom.file but the Progress is Slow....to Slow for my Taste and w/o the really Big work done by Neoraptor we were two to three steps behind.

QuoteSo the field will look heterogeneous enough I think and having different bike physics would make it so much more interesting to drive all those different bikes, at least that's my humble oppinion
This Time will come, i promise but please be Patient.

QuoteI think stout has hit the nail on the head, this is really the only direction the modders need to go in, using the m1 for its corner attributes and feeling confident but then having to really throttle up quick cause you know that bloody Honda is now ready to chew your butt down that straight...GOD BLESS ALL MODDERS (for this direction).
That's my Intention, and i think that some Others think the Same.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Warlock

Stout Johnson

January 18, 2014, 10:18:34 PM #154 Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 10:20:23 PM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: Toomes1 on January 18, 2014, 09:26:22 PM
[...] using the m1 for its corner attributes and feeling confident but then having to really throttle up quick cause you know that bloody Honda is now ready to chew your butt down that straight...GOD BLESS ALL MODDERS (for this direction).
nicely put in you lively words ;)

Quote from: C21 on January 18, 2014, 09:44:25 PM
It is Not that difficult to do that. But it should be as close to Real as possible and that's the difficult Point. No One i know of has ever ridden a MotoGP in Real Life. Some can Tell how a Superbike Feel.
yeah, it will definitely not be 100% on the money in terms of realism of driving a motogp bike - if only for the fact that we do not have 100% of the data of those racing prototypes. but it won't matter as (like you stated already) we will not be able to tell - we never rode a MotoGP bike and most likely never will. the thing that matters is that it feels like we all (or at least the majority) assume it would feel and that the known characteristics of those bikes are resembled (e.g. the cornering of the M1)

Quote from: C21 on January 18, 2014, 09:44:25 PM
This Time will come, i promise but please be Patient.
yeah no need to hurry. we all understand that this is a complex undertaking... it's just nice to know that this will come eventually down the road :) if I dream of a whole MotoGP field pretty much realistically resembled in GPB, with all the tracks in a quality like Paul Ricard for example - I know I won't be spending my free-time other than racing in GPB ;)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Toomes1

iVolution

Quote from: Toomes1 on January 18, 2014, 10:57:56 PM
Nice shoes
Can't really judge them properly with her sitting in front of them  :P

Warlock

Lol , too much info for your eyes  ;D

Gzehoo

My skin for Suzuki GSV-R (WIP).

Thanks to Juju for this great bike.

Docfumi

I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

_oDi_

Arvoss

Abigor

Suzuka ?.......Arvoss you are a lucky guy  :D

Arvoss

Quote from: Abigor on January 19, 2014, 10:16:14 PM
Suzuka ?.......Arvoss you are a lucky guy  :D

Yes, verrrry lucky! :D