• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 02:08:47 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

IASystems Hs2 StreetFighter system

Started by doubledragoncc, March 15, 2016, 09:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

CDX had a go on it yesterday and okayed it but the more testers the better. ANYONE is welcome to come over anytime.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Meyer#12

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 16, 2016, 10:49:46 AM
CDX had a go on it yesterday and okayed it but the more testers the better. ANYONE is welcome to come over anytime.

DD

Little far from Denmark, but if i one day is in UK anyway, i will for sure consider swining by ;)
Meyer#12

Blackheart

doubledragoncc

Thanks guys.

I am tempted to see what it looks like on mine with Ducati Red framework???

One guys from USA wants blue so could be interesting.

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Love the foot-pedals DD... Superb job there mate!  ;D  8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

If it was not about cost I would use real rear sets and other parts.  :-[

I just want to make it work first then worry about looks. If some one wants rear sets, no problem, it just a matter of dosh

DD

HornetMaX

Silly question ddcc: do you sell the pedals only (with no handlebars) ?

doubledragoncc

Yes I will Max but they are more work than they look and not cheap 25 quid toys lol.

If you know what you are doing you can wire them into a gamepad to use. Naturally it depends too if you want a USB controller just for them, the Bodnar BU0836NC is 20 quid and a few quid for USB header and other headers or just solder direct to the board.

DD

HornetMaX

Money is not the real concern here (not at that scale at least) :)

I was just thinking maybe people will be more willing to invest in pedals first (to be used with a joypad) and then buy the bars too, after.

Don't even mention weird setups, just sell the pedals with their own controller, much easier and better.
If it was possible to connect the bars to the same controller as the pedals (which I think is the case) all the better, but it's not really necessary: the kind of people that will buy your system won't faint for 20-30 extra quid.

doubledragoncc

I would rather sell the bars first then a set of pedals, they are nothing without my bars really

The problem is that the controller is sold with the bars and to make it that you ADD the bars to the foot controls box will cause me to have to make a special wiring loom from the bars which will not happen as the controller is permanently soldered to the BU board as it is too many wires to just have a plug for. 

I am thinking of actually offering a modified wire gamepad WITH pedals that disconnect from the gamepad and can be used with my bars with no modification.

Basically I think I could also make my systems work on a console by using the boards from a pad too.

I will really do anything lol.

DD

Hawk

I have to agree with Max here DD...... You could easily sell the pedals separately so people can use them with their current controller.... You gotta think about all the business opportunities and outlets this brings. ;) 8)

This is what I was thinking of doing as an initial purchase as it's the pedals that would currently be of greater use to me without having to shell-out for the whole lot at once, then I'd definitely go for the bars later to complete the bike controller properly.  ;D

It's just a thought.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Don't forget to make the first 100/1000 Limited Edition  8)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Meyer#12

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 16, 2016, 09:28:08 PM
Don't forget to make the first 100/1000 Limited Edition  8)

Or a special GPB limited edition/GPBOC Limited edition for your mates here :P
Meyer#12

doubledragoncc

May 16, 2016, 09:42:04 PM #208 Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 09:46:08 PM by doubledragoncc
Guys I was trying to say, instead of buying a set of pedals with a BU box which is 20 quid, I could modify a gamepad with them so you had your gamepad with pedals connected to the gamepad I have done it to my old one and worked great. The pedals would just unplug from the game pad to plug into my bars if you got some. It is a bit of work to get right as you lose HALF n axis on the right or left thumbstick or whichever axis you use for rear brake.

I was playing on the idea of making a gamepad myself with a throttle and levers using my p260 pots as they are small, just an idea I had.

DD

I am here to help and whatever you guys want I am willing to try and do it.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 16, 2016, 09:42:04 PM
Guys I was trying to say, instead of buying a set of pedals with a BU box which is 20 quid, I could modify a gamepad with them so you had your gamepad with pedals connected to the gamepad I have done it to my old one and worked great. The pedals would just unplug from the game pad to plug into my bars if you got some. It is a bit of work to get right as you lose HALF n axis on the right or left thumbstick or whichever axis you use for rear brake.
20 quid is not biggie if it make the pedals more usable. I'd take pedals with their own controller (i.e. pluggable in any usb port) over pedals wired to a joypad any day.

But if you want to start selling, you'll have to put prices out somewhere, so people could make the calls, instead of yu trying to save a few quid on something many will not even bother to consider.

The pedals look very nice (only "weak" point I see is  I can't judge how sturdy the "plastic" of the pedals is): put a price on them (with/without the BU box eventually, even if I'd expect people to be willing to get them with) and post it here to get the thing started.

P.S.
You could make a "controller box" to which one could plug the pedals (alone) the bars (alone) or both.
The box could be put on the pedals frame (velcro or whatever) or on the bars frame/dash.
This way, people can buy-in progressively.