• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 11:24:03 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Red Bull Rookies

Started by Arvoss, January 27, 2014, 09:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Anyway.... I enjoyed the race with you guys... fell off a few times. I need to work on that consistency. Hehe

Thanks Arvoss. Enjoyed it! Hope there is another race soon! ;D 8)

Klax75

I kept getting jumping positions too. I got a lot of blue flags only half the time did I actually see anyone behind me. I would be at 10th, then jump to 7th, then back to 9th, then to 8th, then back to 10th yet I wasn't near anyone.

We also need to start a ground rule doing Qualifying I noticed a few riders, would not take the pit out, they would ride straight through the orange cones on to the track...

LoriX

February 02, 2014, 09:50:31 PM #167 Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 10:46:27 PM by LoriX
i lost connection on the last lap at P2, how nice is that..
In general, this was really f...d up, I was more concentrated about server stuff then on my riding hahah..
Although I am happy with my fastest lap in the race and pole position in the quali.. Looking forward to a championship (but with 10-14 players max on 1
server)

PeterV

This is a good event to do with the 125. Myself fell almost every corner. Noticed that i had a huge delay when i quit the race and watched the replay, my message of quiting the race came after 3 laps or so. So this does not go away even when we use quick race option.

Good tbing Arvoss , keep them coming.

Arvoss

February 02, 2014, 09:54:04 PM #169 Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:56:19 PM by Arvoss
My thoughts about this event.
Ok, first of all I tried to reach the limits of GP Bikes with my own server. I have a fast internet connection and I could see that at the pings (average of 50-60) and the amount of jumping bikes on track. There was almost no lag.

First try

Practice
20 guys in lobby
Pings: Average of 50-60
Lag: No
Cores: +-4
Small delay in times

Qualify
18 guys in lobby
Connection: For 2-3 guys it took a long time to connect
Cores: +-2
Some guys started complaining about a delay. The had a delay of 10 minutes! This is probally a game bug, an anoying game bug.

Ended first try here

Second try

Short Quali
14 guys in lobby
Cores: +-0
No delay

Race
Start: Impossible to start a race with only 6 bikes visible.  >:(
Lag: No jumping bikes or lag | LoriX got disconnected and PeterV got a delay
Cores: +-0
Some guys got 2 chequered flags. I got 2 too and I was not 1 lap behind the first guy.
Some guys got blue flags but no one was behind them.

EVENT
So, after trying to reach GP Bikes limits it's only possible to host a race with +- 14 guys but only 6 of them are visible. (Hawk_UK can see everyone  :o )

Thank you to everyone that made this event possible! :D Thank you for joining and taking the time to make the skins! :D
Thanks to dibu and PeterV for the test servers! :D

See you next time, maybe in a championship! :D

Klax75

On the starting grid I saw at least 8 or more people in front of me.

Hawk

Quote from: Klax75 on February 02, 2014, 09:58:44 PM

Yes! It was great to see a full or near full grid so much that I accidently pushed my controller forward at the start and ended up with a ride through penalty in the pits. Hehe
Wish I'd taken screen shot to show you all the grid... it was a sight to see! ;D

PS: The Ride Through Penalty Worked, I think. :)

d0mm3y

With which program can i watch the replay?

Klax75

Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 02, 2014, 10:13:02 PM

Yes! It was great to see a full or near full grid so much that I accidently pushed my controller forward at the start and ended up with a ride through penalty in the pits. Hehe
Wish I'd taken screen shot to show you all the grid... it was a sight to see! ;D

Server ended so fast for me never got to save a replay. :/

Hawk

Quote from: d0mm3y on February 02, 2014, 10:14:33 PM

GP Bikes Replay. Or it may be put onto YouTube.

Arvoss

Quote from: Klax75 on February 02, 2014, 10:15:29 PM

I uploaded link to replay. It's smooth and seeing a grid like that is just beautiful :D Made some screenshots. I'll edit them and upload them tomorrow ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on February 02, 2014, 10:16:33 PM
Quote from: Klax75 on February 02, 2014, 10:15:29 PM

I uploaded link to replay. It's smooth and seeing a grid like that is just beautiful :D Made some screenshots. I'll edit them and upload them tomorrow ;)

WoW Arvoss! Your as quick on track as you are posting the replay! Hehe

Thanks Arvoss! ;D

Arvoss

Quote from: d0mm3y on February 02, 2014, 10:14:33 PM

Copy and paste the replay files into your documents/PiBoSo/GP Bikes/replays directory. Open GP Bikes, click on replays and choose the correct file ;)

d0mm3y

Would be nice to watch it on youtube so i can share it with friends maybe some of them will get gp bikes if i show them some race action

Klax75

Arvoss I have to say Wow. Watching the replay. I'm in America and I get a lot of jumping around riders. But on your server from the parts of the replay I've watch everyone is smooth even me, which I am only seem if i save the replay myself. lol