• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:01:01 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Real Weather option?

Started by Hawk, April 27, 2014, 01:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Hi guys.

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be great to have real weather data as an option to auto-update every 2 hrs or even via a weather update button on the UI interface, would be great for race events as soon as Piboso has applied a fix for the corrupt replays from weather held race events.  ;D 8)

Real weather would make races SO much more involved and interesting with the wind and rain, not to mention the heat factor too!  ;D

Arvoss

April 27, 2014, 01:48:44 PM #1 Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 02:17:21 PM by Arvoss
That would be nice! Flight Simulator has that feature and it's pretty cool. You can always change the temperature or weather manually in the dedicated file, but having auto realistic weather would be much easier. As you said, PiBoSo needs to fix that replay bug ;)

EDIT: talking about realistic weather. I would like to see rain in the middle of a session. Now you can only choose between dry, rain or wet but I would like to have realistic, dynamic weather. Maybe we will need to go to the pits to change our tyres ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on April 27, 2014, 01:48:44 PM
That would be nice! Flight Simulator has that feature and it's pretty cool. You can always change the temperature in weather manually in the dedicated file, but having auto realistic weather would be much easier. As you said, PiBoSo needs to fix that replay bug ;)
Flight Simulator! What you doing with that old thing! LOL.
Try X-Plane 10. Very VERY much improved since X-Plane 9 and a lot of developers are now moving over from Flight Sim too. Getting a lot of very professional planes and scenery to buy now. It's great! ;D ;D 8)

Quote from: Arvoss on April 27, 2014, 01:48:44 PM
EDIT: talking about realistic weather. I would like to see rain in the middle of a session. Now you can only choose between dry, rain or wet but I would like to have realistic, dynamic weather. Maybe we will need to go to the pits to change our tyres ;)

That is a great idea, Arvoss! ;D 8)

C21

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be great to have real weather data as an option to auto-update every 2 hrs or even via a weather update button on the UI interface, would be great for race events as soon as Piboso has applied a fix for the corrupt replays from weather held race events.  ;D 8)

Real weather would make races SO much more involved and interesting with the wind and rain, not to mention the heat factor too!  ;D
+1  ;D

In my Hardcore dreams i wih following scenario:
Realistic weather including humidity and air density to tune the 2 stroke engine acc to the weather situation and maybe causing a seized engine if the carbs was way to lean adjusted.
But that will be ne nearly impossible to simulate in a game.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Klax75

I don't see why not advanced flight simulators. (The good ones) have had all these stuff for years.

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on April 28, 2014, 07:52:54 AM

In my Hardcore dreams i wih following scenario:
Realistic weather including humidity and air density to tune the 2 stroke engine acc to the weather situation and maybe causing a seized engine if the carbs was way to lean adjusted.
But that will be ne nearly impossible to simulate in a game.

+1 again!  ;D 8)

Were on the same thinking here C21.... Your hardcore scenario would be brilliant if Piboso could sim to such details.  ;D 8)

Klax75

I know in X-Plane they have had it for many many years, the ability to select real weather when flying. It will contact the weather service and check during your flight it changes, along with air temp's, pressure, wind, etc.

About 12-13 years ago, when playing X-Plane, after they had it so the earth was modeled as a actual sphere. I set my planes auto pilot and flew from California over the Pacific. 8 hours later, I passed Hawaii, went through two different thunderstorms. One was small, the second was big. lol.

Hawk

Quote from: Klax75 on April 28, 2014, 09:16:29 AM
I know in X-Plane they have had it for many many years, the ability to select real weather when flying. It will contact the weather service and check during your flight it changes, along with air temp's, pressure, wind, etc.
Yeah... It's sure a great piece of kit now version 10 has been released for a while.  ;D

Quote from: Klax75 on April 28, 2014, 09:16:29 AM
About 12-13 years ago, when playing X-Plane, after they had it so the earth was modeled as a actual sphere. I set my planes auto pilot and flew from California over the Pacific. 8 hours later, I passed Hawaii, went through two different thunderstorms. One was small, the second was big. lol.

Sounds like you flew a bit of a roller coaster ride there Klax. LOL  ;D

C21

@hawk
That will be too much for most of the players.
Only a few one could set up a racing 2 stroke engine in real life.
Additionally we would need an own engine simulator within the GPB physics engine to get it close to real and that will blow the hole thing up massivly.
I personally don´t think that this feature will be used and will be on the wishlist of most of the players  ;)
We should stick on what is already in GPB and should get this one sorted (physics and track side) until thinking of further capabilies...
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

I don't dislike the idea and honestly is should be rather simple to implement it.  The problem I see is: what the hell you do if it starts raining in the middle of a race ? Too complex to handle in my opinion.

Guess the current "realistic" option is enough ?

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on April 28, 2014, 10:49:24 AM
@hawk
That will be too much for most of the players.
Only a few one could set up a racing 2 stroke engine in real life.
Additionally we would need an own engine simulator within the GPB physics engine to get it close to real and that will blow the hole thing up massivly.
I personally don´t think that this feature will be used and will be on the wishlist of most of the players  ;)
We should stick on what is already in GPB and should get this one sorted (physics and track side) until thinking of further capabilies...

Oh no problem C21.... I'm only thinking of possible additions to GP BIkes, as you say, when everything else has been fixed and sorted to version 1.0 standards.

Just thinking about possibilities for the future, that all.  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 28, 2014, 12:18:00 PM
I don't dislike the idea and honestly is should be rather simple to implement it.  The problem I see is: what the hell you do if it starts raining in the middle of a race ? Too complex to handle in my opinion.

Guess the current "realistic" option is enough ?

MaX.

I don't think it is outside the realms of GP Bikes to implement a pit stop if it starts to rain to change to rain tyres..... After all most F1 simulators have quite detailed pit stop features.  ;)

Plus it would benefit the endurance bike races, as the ability to fuel-up could also be added for those type of events.  ;D

Again, just a suggestion for implementation far into the future once everything else has been sorted.  ;)