• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

FRAPS recording.

Started by BOBR6 84, May 04, 2014, 02:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Recording some gameplay using fraps.. Can anybody recomend a compression program to upload to youtube with?

Fraps files are way too big and takes forever to upload..

Thanks

janaucarre

You can test this:
Freemake Video Converter

http://www.freemake.com/fr/free_video_converter/

Convert it to mpeg or else and after that you will can use the youtube button, i use it for 1 year and it works good, but you cant pass from your fraps capture to youtube directly you must convert for less, if you dont do that, the youtube button will take much time and it will crash at the end.

HornetMaX

If instead of fraps you use MSI afterburner (free) you can compress live using Intel Quicksync (if you have an Intel proc that supports that).

If not, I'd suggest Handbrake to re-encode: free, relatively easy and excellent quality. It can use Quicksync too for very fast encoding.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Thanks il try these out!

Im on AMD.. So would the handbrake programe work for me?

Il take a look anyway.. Thanks again

HornetMaX

Yes, Handbrake will work just right. Of course you won't be able to use the fast Quicksync encoder.
No big deal unless you're encoding a lot of footage.

MaX.

Chispifumy

Hi, I can record fine with MSI afterburner (I slowed down a bit the game but with FRAPS is worse) but then sony vegas not hear the audio I've recorded or direct me not handle the file ...

What settings do you use and what program you edit videos?

HornetMaX

Do you hear the audio if you simply play the output video file with VLC or similar ?

MaX.

Chispifumy

I think I've solved the problem , I installed a codec and resolved ( sony vegas does not have the codec h264 )

Thanks! :D