• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:31:40 AM

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

no wobbles?

alright, it's settled then, we all switch to mx bikes and convert the mod bikes.

doubledragoncc

Good idea Vin, it would be a good way for personal competition even if the track is not online. Brands Hatch GP being one right now. So its another point about why an AI or at least a Trainer would be a good idea.

I tried the GP15 and Varesa, both far smoother. It is hard to push the bike to the limit as the riders weight is wrong in MXB.

With luck Piboso can say if it is easy to implement into GPB or too late!!! On the whole, MXB is far better quality of program than GPB.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

For me personally, if I couldn't ride online with you guys, especially in race events, then my copy of GPBikes would've been consigned to the deepest darkest depths of the "games" shelve years ago never to see the light of day again. Like most other AI attributed games I would've quickly lost interest riding against drones that don't relate or act anything like a real-life rider.

Having said that, I can see that those who have a bad internet connection would find some compromise in having an AI feature, but I would suggest a better solution: Get a decent internet connection, then you'll have access to the most sophisticated riders in the world - real people, real riders. Problem solved!  :P ;D

Hawk.

matty0l215

DD do you have stabilty help on in MX bikes?? That might  be whats helping you.

To be honest the bike in your video looked way to stable almost arcade like. :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

Interesting stuff Dr F-  I didn't know the about the MX Bikes helper.  8)

I've got some thoughts on it :

-  if it can be put into GPBikes then it really should be, I can't see one reason not to have it, I mean why alienate all the people who want it? Even for disbelievers it would be useful to improve your times. The question is the 'if it can be' done of course. Only PiB knows that.

- Stability helper - MXBIkes is a complicated beast to control and I can see why it is needed. I think the only reason GpBikes would need it is to overcome the problems with the physics. If applied to GPBikes I just can't get away from the thought "arcade slider". Again not a major problem even if it was an 'arcade slider' - all it is doing is opening the game to a wider customer base. So long as I can switch the fecker off on the server lol!

- stability in MX bikes with a GPBike...if the physics applied in MXBikes is irrelevant to a road bike then even if it is more stable it should be totally ignored. Its like making cherry flavoured strawberries cos you don't like strawberry flavour.  Haha I may have finally totally lost it. I suppose someone will argue they are both motorcycles which is a fair comeback.

Anyway don't get yer panties in a bunch over my comments its all a healthy discussion !

Well done DD it was great to see that! Lets hope it gets into GPBikes!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

March 24, 2016, 09:21:10 AM #890 Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 09:24:12 AM by doubledragoncc
@Hawk, sorry mate but that is the kind of thing that is so wrong to say............WHY should I have to spend £20 a month just to play GPB online!!!! Thats the same attitude as NFS and such. Sorry mate but it is bloody unfair on people like poor CDX that was ready to race but his only got a shared internet connection. Many people live where they have no choice of the internet connection as they rent a place, many cant get one plain and simple and many like myself want to have the option to learn without being online. It is selfish to want it your way only because you want it online only. Sorry buddy but that is a very unfair way of thinking. This is a sim for all not just the few.

I am sorry but it gets my goat when I am FORCED to spend my money just to use a product I have already paid for. To HAVE to have internet is the worst thing that ever happened to gaming. There should always be an offline game of some sorts included.

CDX is a perfect example and I really felt bad for him at Mantorp last weekend.!!!

DD

Edit, I turned stability off and it was still very stable. It was hard to judge in one way as the riders weight was not correct. It is only about the fact it did NOT have front end wobble. This means, it could be fixed in GPB if it is already not existent in MXB. It is simply that P does not seem bothered about it.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

dareaper46

I really enjoyed your video DD. The bike does seem a lot more stable. Even without stability help it was really smooth. I think if the bike can be a little more "unstable" than the bike with no stability that would be a good place between smoothness and reality.

In terms of the helper. I would love it. I am not playing in any online event anymore as I don't want to hear again that my ping is the cause of someone elses wrong move. I live in a country far away from you guys so it will be impossible for me to ever play with you guys, regardless of my connection. Hopefully Piboso would realize the need for this in GPBikes aswell, as I can't see why it shouldn't be in if it is in MXBikes? Does not make sense AT ALL. Hope to see this in GPBikes, so that I can atleast race against something again.

Napalm Nick

That is a shame to hear mate. You are most welcome of course. Why don't you SA guys get together?? Suggested before I know.

As for the stability issue I think this game is ALL about the physics. POINT (as DD would say). In my opinion chasing stability by any other means is just making an arcade game. And there are already plenty of those 5-minute-of-fun-wonders. Don't get me wrong I AM NOT anti-arcade games. I just want ONE simulator game!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

dareaper46

When it was first mentioned that my ping was a problem it was the 5th or so race that I had done with you guys, with no-one ever having a problem. When it was mentioned, it was also mentioned that max ping must be 200+-. I would never reach that, so did not bother to race again as I don't want to have issues with anyone.

I am trying to get an organization onboard called Sim Race South Africa. - http://simracesa.proboards.com/thread/1575/gpbikes-bike-sim-sa-riders?page=1&scrollTo=22337

They are from what I gathered the biggest group of Sim Enthusiasts in SA. I spoke to the owner and he likes the idea but has some concerns. The demo bike will also not help much.

I agree 100%. I am scared that the stability help would push the game towards the arcady side. What I meant was just that if the physics can mimic what we saw in DD's videos without Stability -20% +-(theoretical), with an adjustment to physics in GPBikes I think that would be a great balance. In other words  -  GPBike in MXBikes with 0% - 20% = -20% stability would be good balance. If that makes sense :P. (20% only used as a random/rough figure)

doubledragoncc

Dont get me wrong, I want pure sim too. BUT the wobbles in GPB are totally unrealistic and that test in MXB show it CAN be fixed and there is o excuse that it has not in years!!!

My main concern about both the aspects in that video are not possible in GPB because MXB seems to be way aahead of GPB in quality, IE lack of core crashes offline compared to GPB, Ive had NONE and that is with GPB tracks!!! I have used the Supermoto on most tracks and not one core crash in the same places I always get them in GPB???

When I turned the stability off, the bike had more movement in its suspention but no wobble, THAT is what I liked, NO WOBBLE. I agree that GPB needs about 20% of the stability of the MXB riding feel.

DD

Napalm Nick

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 24, 2016, 10:11:13 AM
Dont get me wrong, I want pure sim too. BUT the wobbles in GPB are totally unrealistic and that test in MXB show it CAN be fixed and there is o excuse that it has not in years!!!

DD

But it is not 'fixing it' - it is overcoming a physics problem by unrealistic means. No? Surely the wrong direction to go?

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 24, 2016, 09:21:10 AM
@Hawk, sorry mate but that is the kind of thing that is so wrong to say............WHY should I have to spend £20 a month just to play GPB online!!!! Thats the same attitude as NFS and such. Sorry mate but it is bloody unfair on people like poor CDX that was ready to race but his only got a shared internet connection. Many people live where they have no choice of the internet connection as they rent a place, many cant get one plain and simple and many like myself want to have the option to learn without being online. It is selfish to want it your way only because you want it online only. Sorry buddy but that is a very unfair way of thinking. This is a sim for all not just the few.

I am sorry but it gets my goat when I am FORCED to spend my money just to use a product I have already paid for. To HAVE to have internet is the worst thing that ever happened to gaming. There should always be an offline game of some sorts included.

CDX is a perfect example and I really felt bad for him at Mantorp last weekend.!!!

DD

Edit, I turned stability off and it was still very stable. It was hard to judge in one way as the riders weight was not correct. It is only about the fact it did NOT have front end wobble. This means, it could be fixed in GPB if it is already not existent in MXB. It is simply that P does not seem bothered about it.

Haha! Well we can't always agree on everything can we matey. Lol. It's not an issue DD, just my little seemingly lonesome opinion here on this subject which I'm sure Piboso is going to take note of(as he always does. Lol) and implement as a high priority! Hehe!  ;D ;D

Seems we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one mate. AI is a pet hate of mine I'm afraid. As is best-line indicators(if you've noticed I never implement best-line indicators in any of the tracks I work on. If I had my way I wouldn't implement respawn in GPB either..... Very controversial subjects I know, but I say it how it is for me so..... Lol   ;) 8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

No Nick it is not an unrealistic means if it is a problem that is making the unrealistic wobbles that is not in any way overcoming a physics problem!!! Dude it shows clearly in the video that the wobble does not exist, forget everything else, just the wobble of the front forks. The bike still reacts basically the same as in GPB, BUT the wobble does not exist. This shows that there IS an error in how the bike is programmed in GPB compared to MXB. The bikes actual physics are the same, right, but the way the program receives the data is obviously different.

I have been doing a bit with Dwayne from Pcars forum on an app for de-bounce and steering input tuning in GPB. His app works great in all car sims but he had a problem with GPB........

"Seems that the sample rate of the game is too high for the system, I had the getstate function returning x=0 when the horizontal axis position was no near that value. Might be the same cause of your double shifting btw, I'll test if it does the same when a button is pressed just out of curiosity."

Now what he is speaking about is the steering, thats what his app is for, but GPB has a problem so I am going to ask him if he can do the same in MXB and see what the steering is like in that.

What I am trying to point out is that is the bikes physics ARE correct but GPB is reading them wrongly, then the bikes physics are correct, it is GPB's way it interprets the physics that is at fault. Fixing that is not a wrong direction if the physics dont need fixing.

Until we know which one it is, it is better to look at both angles than spend another 2 years doing loads of work that fixes nothing!!!

Look outside of the box!!!

DD

doubledragoncc

BTW Hawky, if you have AI as an option you dont HAVE to use it bro!!! lol

It is an option, same as eating a shit sandwich, you dont have to if you dont want to.  ;D

DD

Napalm Nick

Ha well I stuck my head outside the box once while eating a rather rancid sandwich and nearly got my head knocked off by a deluge of exclamation marks so now I don't like to  ;D

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 24, 2016, 11:09:27 AM.
The bikes actual physics are the same, right, but the way the program receives the data is obviously different.
This is it - I don't know. If I knew MXB uses the exact same physics as GPB how could I not agree. But I don't know and to me it seems unlikely.

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 24, 2016, 11:09:27 AM.
What I am trying to point out is that if the bikes physics ARE correct but GPB is reading them wrongly, then the bikes physics are correct, it is GPB's way it interprets the physics that is at fault. Fixing that is not a wrong direction if the physics dont need fixing.
DD

Totally agree mucka!!! It is a good point well explained ;)