• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:02:47 AM

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

lol all im saying is that it looks weird...  :) Watching that video makes me excited for what is possible  8) FFB... i want it lol  ;D

im a bit fussy with this kind of stuff though lol.. i would like everything to move and look the same as what is happening on the screen infront of me..

but anyway, its Marcels rig lol. looks like alot of fun too mate, nice work!  ;) ;D

Marcel

if the camera on screen wouldn´t change lean angle to be horizontal all the time tha handlbars would look the same, i don´t know if it´s possible to setup the camera like that, i would like to test that. It looks so weird because i have to steer like about 3 times as much as on a real bike, but the direction of steering is the correct.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Marcel on October 08, 2015, 10:32:06 AM
It looks so weird because i have to steer like about 3 times as much as on a real bike, but the direction of steering is the correct.

I agree!

if you can tweak the amount of movement and you got an Occulus rift involved...............  8)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Marcel on October 08, 2015, 10:32:06 AM
if the camera on screen wouldn´t change lean angle to be horizontal all the time tha handlbars would look the same, i don´t know if it´s possible to setup the camera like that, i would like to test that. It looks so weird because i have to steer like about 3 times as much as on a real bike, but the direction of steering is the correct.
I guess what bothers people is that when you look at your handlebars and at the screen at the same time (like one can do watching your video) it looks weird.
But while playing you don't look at your handlebars, you only look at the screen, so I doubt one would notice it.

To allow the camera to tilt "as the bike lean angle" instead of trying to keep the horizon horizontal, you can use the tilt setting in the rider view options.
At 0deg (zero) the horizon is always horizontal. In the game setting the max value you can give is 20deg, but if you edit manually your profile.ini you can probably put more.
If you manage to put more than 60deg, the camera will not compensate any lean (smaller than 60deg).

Notice however that if you manually change the setting and put an "out of range value", every time you go in the game setting page,m the setting will be overwritten.

MaX.

Eagle

Hawk

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on October 08, 2015, 02:27:42 PM
NS400r engine/sound test ^w^ : http://www.moddb.com/members/wh1t34gl3sas/videos/gpbikes-ns400r-enginesound-test

There is so much going on in genuine engine sounds that I don't think GPB can manage all the intricacies to create very realistic engine sounds at this time(adequate yes, but not realistic for sure), but I would say this is a very good attempt at a 2 stroke engine sound given the limitations you have to deal with in the GPB sound department.  ;)

Having said that, what is that wining sound in there that makes it sound like you have an electric motor wine in there? This can be heard clearly on board and from spectator view. I presume it's to try and sound like a transmission wine? Or even carburettor induction noise? If it's carb induction then I personally would make that sound a deeper tone on initial throttle-up which then fades away as the revs pick up. If that is possible to do with the GPB sound at this time?

Very Interesting..... Well done mate!  ;D

Look forward to hearing your next update.  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Eagle

October 08, 2015, 03:53:32 PM #517 Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:02:40 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
Quote from: Davide74 on October 08, 2015, 02:40:56 PM
one question.. this sound is available? is amazing!

http://www.moddb.com/members/wh1t34gl3sas/videos/gpbikes-ulster-test-with-zx-10r#imagebox

No, for two reasons:

1. It's not done yet. I need to make smoother transitions, and i was kinda lazy to do it.. Mostly because of the second reason.

2. I don't know if it's legal, as these sounds come from Test Drive Unlimited. An ambiguous fact about GPBikes makes me wonder if it is though (990 sounds = tdu1 mv agusta). I'm hesitating.. Also, even if they can be used in GPBikes, i need to know how to re-encrypt them to avoid another legality issue...

But, while waiting for the authorization, i have already pretty much prepared 2 add-ons archives for 4stroke inline 3 and 4, ready to be implemented/adapted to a bike.

Quote from: Hawk UK on October 08, 2015, 03:29:36 PM
There is so much going on in genuine engine sounds that I don't think GPB can manage all the intricacies to create very realistic engine sounds at this time(adequate yes, but not realistic for sure), but I would say this is a very good attempt at a 2 stroke engine sound given the limitations you have to deal with in the GPB sound department.  ;)

Having said that, what is that wining sound in there that makes it sound like you have an electric motor wine in there? This can be heard clearly on board and from spectator view. I presume it's to try and sound like a transmission wine? Or even carburettor induction noise? If it's carb induction then I personally would make that sound a deeper tone on initial throttle-up which then fades away as the revs pick up. If that is possible to do with the GPB sound at this time?

Hawk.

Lol, was it that bad ? xD
After all, i stayed only one minute in maxSCL for this experimentation.. xD

Globally, i copied/renamed the NSR500 folder, adapted some parameters to the NS400r specs, and added/superposed one of tdu's street triple samples along with the varese sounds. I'm going to add another sample and try to play with the volume/pitch. No problem on the transitions, as it was meant to play in parallel with the initial samples (the thing i was experimenting), trying to simulate the back sound of a 2stroke inline 3 crankshaft.

Examples:

I32S (the day we will see that in gpb... *q*):
https://youtu.be/kzaBsGvXcsw
V42S (SAME!):
https://youtu.be/E8MCNANEXpo

Davide74

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on October 08, 2015, 03:53:32 PM
Quote from: Davide74 on October 08, 2015, 02:40:56 PM
one question.. this sound is available? is amazing!

http://www.moddb.com/members/wh1t34gl3sas/videos/gpbikes-ulster-test-with-zx-10r#imagebox

No, for two reasons:

1. It's not done yet. I need to make smoother transitions, and i was kinda lazy to do it.. Mostly because of the second reason.

2. I don't know if it's legal, as these sounds come from Test Drive Unlimited. An ambiguous fact about GPBikes makes me wonder if it is though (990 sounds = tdu1 mv agusta). I'm hesitating.. Also, even if they can be used in GPBikes, i need to know how to re-encrypt them to avoid another legality issue...

But, while waiting for the authorization, i have already pretty much prepared 2 add-ons archives for 4stroke inline 3 and 4, ready to be implemented/adapted to a bike.

ok, thanks  ;)

h106frp

It does seem that without a lot of rpm sample steps the frequency 'shifting' looses all the bottom end in the replayed sounds.

Good to see someone is getting to grips with the system though.  :)

Hawk

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on October 08, 2015, 03:53:32 PM

Quote from: Hawk UK on October 08, 2015, 03:29:36 PM

Hawk.

Lol, was it that bad ? xD
After all, i stayed only one minute in maxSCL for this experimentation.. xD

Globally, i copied/renamed the NSR500 folder, adapted some parameters to the NS400r specs, and added/superposed one of tdu's street triple samples along with the varese sounds. I'm going to add another sample and try to play with the volume/pitch. No problem on the transitions, as it was meant to play in parallel with the initial samples (the thing i was experimenting), trying to simulate the back sound of a 2stroke inline 3 crankshaft.

Examples:

I32S (the day we will see that in gpb... *q*):
https://youtu.be/kzaBsGvXcsw
V42S (SAME!):
https://youtu.be/E8MCNANEXpo

You should've read my draft version! Hehe!  ;D

I think it's great that your working on ways to create good sound files...... Given the time I'd love to experiment with creating engine sounds myself by using a sound editing system to break down all the individual sounds from a real engine to create a library of all the different subtle sounds and seeing if I could then rebuild those sounds into various engine sound files for GPB. There must be a way of doing it like that from scratch.  :)

That RD500 sounds AMAZING!!  I want one!! ;D ;D

The Kwaker triple always sounded like it had bad piston-ring play to me. "Rattle, rattle, rattle". Hehe  ;D

Hawk.

Eagle

QuoteYou should've read my draft version! Hehe!  ;D

Link ? :p

QuoteI think it's great that your working on ways to create good sound files...... Given the time I'd love to experiment with creating engine sounds myself by using a sound editing system to break down all the individual sounds from a real engine to create a library of all the different subtle sounds and seeing if I could then rebuild those sounds into various engine sound files for GPB. There must be a way of doing it like that from scratch.  :)

I don't create, i just assemble and/or adapt for now. At a moment i was fusing sounds but it takes too much time for a crappier result.. Superposing some samples by using the scl makes the final render way better (but costs more resources, since the system is loading and interacting with more files..). I'm sure the actual sound domain hasn't been fully exploited yet. After, it sure needs some changes.. Notably on the "thottle intensity" effect as i already mentioned in another thread.

QuoteThat RD500 sounds AMAZING!!  I want one!! ;D ;D

Who wouldn't.  ::)

Hawk

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on October 08, 2015, 04:45:23 PM
Quote from: HawkYou should've read my draft version! Hehe!  ;D

Link ? :p
Just joking. Lol  ;D

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on October 08, 2015, 04:45:23 PM
Quote from: Hawk]I think it's great that your working on ways to create good sound files...... Given the time I'd love to experiment with creating engine sounds myself by using a sound editing system to break down all the individual sounds from a real engine to create a library of all the different subtle sounds and seeing if I could then rebuild those sounds into various engine sound files for GPB. There must be a way of doing it like that from scratch.  :)

I don't create, i just assemble and/or adapt for now. At a moment i was fusing sounds but it takes too much time for a crappier result.. Superposing some samples by using the scl makes the final render way better (but costs more resources, since the system is loading and interacting with more files..). I'm sure the actual sound domain hasn't been fully exploited yet. After, it sure needs some changes.. Notably on the "thottle intensity" effect as i already mentioned in another thread.

If I understand you correctly I totally agree..... The GPB sound system does need advancing in my opinion to allow for more advanced bike/engine sound simulations, but also would be interesting to see what the current sound system is capable of with a greater range of samples to work from? Maybe it would be adequate if we knew exactly what we were doing to put many sound samples together to sync and work correctly? :)
I know Max did some great work in finding out what a lot of the functions were for and also his sound utility tool.

Hawk.

Eagle

October 08, 2015, 09:39:36 PM #523 Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:41:46 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
QuoteIf I understand you correctly I totally agree..... The GPB sound system does need advancing in my opinion to allow for more advanced bike/engine sound simulations, but also would be interesting to see what the current sound system is capable of with a greater range of samples to work from? Maybe it would be adequate if we knew exactly what we were doing to put many sound samples together to sync and work correctly? :)
I know Max did some great work in finding out what a lot of the functions were for and also his sound utility tool.

I played on a server with JJS two or three hours ago. On my build, i changed the fz6 sounds to TDU's ZX-10r (basically I44S). It really sounded great. It could be better with changes on the system side and with new samples, but it was amazing already. I believe it's near of the actual engine sound managing system's limits.

For the 2 strokes, i think there's no other alternative than superposing multiple samples (2 stroke whining on a side, and crankshaft sound on the other (varying with the cylinders number)), as it might not render really good if they were mixed..

What i'm gonna try now, is to completely superpose both tracks (with each volumes varying depending on the layer used), and see if i can get near to the kind of sounds in the H2 750 video. It will also permit to test resources costs (ram & CPU?)

As for Max's tool, yes, it REALLY helps. At the beginning, i was using the notepad to manage the scl (with great results, i used a calculator in parallel, which permitted me to precisely set up the transitions/rpms etc..), but what i made in 3 hours, i can do it in less than 15 minutes now. It's a great tool, and permits to focus on new and/or better ways to set up sounds instead of focusing on the syntax.. After, i have lost a bit of precision, since i don't calculate anymore, but use the graph/sound simulation to build the sound..

BOBR6 84

Keep up the good work mate!

Iv been playing dirt rally here and there.. The sound of the group B cars alone is enough to keep me going back for more.. Good sounds make the experience 10x better!