• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:35:16 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Best-laps Project / Hotlap Events

Started by Alibaskins, May 22, 2014, 10:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: -aGy- on September 23, 2015, 05:17:57 AM
or can somebody host server which uses only fps view?
This is doable and has already been done in the past.

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Well -aGy- I must say you sound like me when I joined  :D

I did the M3 championship in first person before I even realised people actually use 3rd Person! I was shocked and disgusted hahaha!

There is no doubt in my mind 3rd person is a LOT easier, because I use it a lot now. After dabbling with 3 screens I decided I wanted the spacial awareness and even level racing so I learnt 3rd P.   I just flail myself with a 'cat o nine tails' each evening to compensate.

But when I use 1st person now I think it is so much better but its not competitive in races. When there are 20 racers like you then that will be great.

I will look at the server settings again, unfortunately I think at the moment if you have 1st person then you also have to have other assists off too. I can't remember at the moment.  Keep looking for GPBOC2 server in an hour or so.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Ive never used 3rd person in a competetive race. I used to usr it but found it to arcade like.

Is this why you lot are so much quicker :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 23, 2015, 09:14:50 AM
Is this why you lot are so much quicker :P
Ali is quicker in 3rd person, 1st person and probably in 2nd and 4th person views too.

MaX.

matty0l215

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 22, 2015, 10:12:38 PM
Smart move: technically that's called hedging your risk. It's current practice in economy, industry, stock exchange etc.

Unfortunately (for you) it won't work this time ;)

Max

Ive always wondered what that term meant  :)

Napalm Nick

Server is up with "forced cockpit mode" enabled at Edmonton

-aGy- As this won't be noticeable on the best laps website you might like to start a new topic where people can post their best times?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Quote from: Napalm Nick on September 23, 2015, 09:27:55 AM

-aGy- As this won't be noticeable on the best laps website you might like to start a new topic where people can post their best times?
Good idea :D

Picture evidemce needed though :P no sub 1 mins without proof ;D

-aGy-

very good thx all. we have to trust each other. example if i but faster time than it really is i am cheating myself. maybe alibaskin can do something about it someday..i hope. picture evidence is good idea.

-aGy-

Quote from: Napalm Nick on September 23, 2015, 09:27:55 AM

thx for the server. driving later if i got time.

Hawk

Quote from: -aGy- on September 23, 2015, 09:35:34 AM
very good thx all. we have to trust each other. example if i but faster time than it really is i am cheating myself. maybe alibaskin can do something about it someday..i hope. picture evidence is good idea.

I don't think Ali can do anything about it because if I'm not mistaken, the track code in the [trackname].cfg file is responsible for defining the track from which lap times are coming from?
The only thing I can think of, is if there is a piece of script code that can maybe written in the [trackname].cfg file that will define a track to be used with 1st player view mode only?

We need Piboso to look at this and advise if it's possible or not.  :)

Hawk.

-aGy-

Quote from: Napalm Nick on September 23, 2015, 08:44:32 AM
But when I use 1st person now I think it is so much better but its not competitive in races. When there are 20 racers like you then that will be great.

you are right. maybe rear/side mirrors?or maybe sounds need some work so we can actual here where opponent is? and i am not that good

janaucarre

how can i join gpboc server?
missing bikes?
thx

Napalm Nick

GpBOC servers only have official Bike Mod bikes you must not have the ones in the bikeMod?

janaucarre

here is an image of my bikes installed
attached file

matty0l215

Quote from: janaucarre on November 23, 2015, 05:16:31 PM
here is an image of my bikes installed
attached file

You're missing the fz

Download that and you should be alright